Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Grimmjow vs Hitsugaya

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Grimmjow vs Hitsugaya

Resurrección Grimmjow Vs Bankai Hitsugaya

Scenario 1
    Starting Distance: 200 meters
    Mindset: In character (Hitsugaya does not worry about controlling his bankai)
    Full knowledge of each others abilities.

Optional Scenario 1 (For those who think the above scenario 1 will result in a rapestomp on Hitsugaya)
    Starting Distance: 400 meters
    Mindset: Same as Scenario 1,2
    Hitsugaya has full knowledge of Grimmjow's abilities.
    Grimmjow has none on Histugaya (like Luppi and Harribel.)

Optional Scenario 2 (For those who think the scenario 1 result in a rapestomp on Grimmjow)
    Starting Distance: 200 meters
    Mindset: In charachter but Hitsugaya will not use HH
    They dont have any knowledge of each others skills.
    Last edited by Waking_Dreamer; August 06, 2010 at 08:27 AM.

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ryanzokuken's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Grimmjow vs Hitsugaya (Read Op)

Scenario 1: i think Grimmjow could take it. despite being best up close, he's got some moves that make him not-so-bad at range; Desgardon and his elbow bullets. and since he can shoot them one at a time, he can make them last. not that they'll be a ton of help. although they fly fast, they don't do that much damage. Ichigo tanked five of them, and yes, the mask gives him some significant defense boost, but still...Hitsu has some decent defense, too.

maybe Desgardon would actually be worth a damn against somebody that ISN'T a "resolved" Ichigo, too.

Grimmjow is also extremely fast and can close the distance when at a disadvantaged range.

Hitsu probably has decent speed as well, but he tends to float/stand around in place.
    same with Halibel. it is possible that Halibel was faster than grimmjow, given that she's three ranks higher and doesn't have a big release, but she didn't seem to dash around too much, so who knows. for now, i'm assuming Grimm is faster.
    maybe fast enough to zip around and elude the snowflakes of HH? not sure.

if Hitsu can get Grimm with HH, he's got it. if he can freeze him and FINISH him (stab him immediately?), he could take it. otherwise, i think Grimm is powerful enough to bust out of being frozen, unless it's HH.

if Grimm can manage to keep it close, Hitsu's done for.

Scenario 2: Hitsu wins. so advantaged.

Scenario 3: Grimmjow should win, but Grimmjow isn't too hard to figure out, even when you don't know anything about him. nothing too tricky, mostly a speedy melee scrapper. he could surprise Hitsu with elbow bullets at a critical moment, though.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DEATHBOTT's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

i don't know if grimmjowe could win in any of these scenarios. hitsugaya went toe to toe with the 3rd espada. regardless if he was shit against luppi in his most recent fight i think he showed enough resilence against harribel to be able to stand against gimjowe and then it's just a case of ice oblesking him.

also cool pictures. they make they spruce up the thread heaps.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

HH is practically a rape. Dodging a huge mass of snowflakes that specifically seek you out? Even with knowledge, Grimmjaw could probably avoid getting nailed at first, but eventually the one would get him and then he's slowed just enough for the rest to catch up.

Probably Hitsugaya in the non-HH scenario though. The shoulder bullets (While possible to hit in a surprise situation) seemed only viable when Ichigo had to actively defend Orihime, and missed most the other times as I recall, and Desagron was freaking slow. Least in comparison to his close combat style. Ichigo seemed able to take the bullets with minimal overall effect, and he rarely takes huge amount of damage in fights so it's hard to place his tanking ability in comparison to the damage Hitsugaya's visibly taken (In like the one fight he actually took non-Aizen wounds in... >>).

It'll be close, because Grimmjaw makes a damn good brawler and it'll be next to impossible to keep it ranged which would be where the kid works best. Both the 1000 year prison and the ice dragon would be hard pressed to connect, but Hitsugaya does seem to have defense (In both wings and his currently shown tanking ability), attacking power, and a modicum of speed that will probably allow him to at least keep up on his side to tip things in his favor. Throw in tail to Augment Grimmjaw's own which Caught Ichigo by surprise a few times as I recall, Ryusenka (probably won't oneshot, but getting hit by that won't be good), and some well placed spreads of his flock of birds and Hyoryou Senbi techs and he does have the ability to pull through, though it will be quite the rough battle. 60-40 seems about right I suppose. Close range isn't exactly his forte, but he has area of effect techs at least that'll augment it.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a question, when and where was it stated that the snowflakes of HH seek you out?

Halibel just didn't move because she was under the impression that the could simply melt the ice with her herviendo (or boiling in spanish, my spanish is rusty right now), but where was it stated that if she were to flee that the snowflakes would follow her?
    Current Theories/Beliefs for Bleach:
    -Barragan and Halibel arn't goners yet-Confirmed
    -Ukitake has an absorb and redirect type shikai (think baby nel vs. Dardonii's cero)-Confirmed
    -The VL army/group that Aizen supposedly has doesn't exist-Pending/Waiting for confirmation on Wonderweiss
    -The Vizards have ulterior motives, by ulterior I mean they arn't just going to be goody-two-shoes and help out the SS that betrayed them just to get back at Aizen-Pending

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Notice how the mass of snowflakes came out of the giant hole, directed themselves at Harribel, literally swarmed around her, and when the onslaught ended the only thing that was hit at all was Harribel and the area around her, not a single ice flower anywhere else? Yeah. It's like Byakuya's bankai like that. Speeds hard to judge in general, but you're forced to dodge bloody snowflakes, not the easiest thing in the world to see and properly react to.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Nicholas.Sama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If Grimmjow knows about HH, couldn't he just go inside a building when a hole in the sky appears.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, grimmjow would not try to melt the technique like harribel did. Basically, grimmjow's first instinc would not be to counter the technique. Snow flakes are pretty slow, I'd think grimmjow would get out of the way if he just puts 2 + 2 while fighting.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Come on, Toushirou would annihilate Grimmjow; he's the only espada that Ichigo beat fair and square, and there's no way Ichigo is stronger than any captain.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, that was maked bankai ichigo before the ulquiorra incident which made him incapable of performing a proper hollowification though (as stated by zangetsu, ichigo's could not hollowify properly after the ulquiorra fight due to his fear). I don't think hitsugaya would have that much of an easy time keeping up with grimmjow.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Random101 View Post
    Notice how the mass of snowflakes came out of the giant hole, directed themselves at Harribel, literally swarmed around her, and when the onslaught ended the only thing that was hit at all was Harribel and the area around her, not a single ice flower anywhere else? Yeah. It's like Byakuya's bankai like that. Speeds hard to judge in general, but you're forced to dodge bloody snowflakes, not the easiest thing in the world to see and properly react to.
    Notice how halibel didn't move away from under the hole.

The actuality of snowflakes being guided is speculative at best.
    Current Theories/Beliefs for Bleach:
    -Barragan and Halibel arn't goners yet-Confirmed
    -Ukitake has an absorb and redirect type shikai (think baby nel vs. Dardonii's cero)-Confirmed
    -The VL army/group that Aizen supposedly has doesn't exist-Pending/Waiting for confirmation on Wonderweiss
    -The Vizards have ulterior motives, by ulterior I mean they arn't just going to be goody-two-shoes and help out the SS that betrayed them just to get back at Aizen-Pending

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The mass curves toward her. She doesn't move away from under the hole because she wasn't under the hole. She was to the side of it (Hole's directly above Hitsugaya, Harribel is a little distance away from him). Not by much sure, but it's very clear that they went straight for her rather than anything else. Especially the dude directly underneath.

As to the speed, eh, they were faster than Harribel could melt and she was insta melting a few of his techs. Opening between Hierviendo wasn't shown to be high. Hard to say how fast of course, but I would not call them slow. Though now that I think about it that going into a building to hide isn't such a bad idea, using environment to his advantage. Not a guarantee, but certainly wouldn't be a rape.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ryanzokuken's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

how Hitsu fared against Halibel means nothing as to how well he would do against Grimmjow. yes, she's a higher rank, but a different fighter. type styles make more of a difference than straight power in Bleach, unless the gap is very, very large.

Halibel stood around, swung her shark-tooth-sword, and blasted water. she even pridefully disregarded the idea of avoiding Hitu's ice because she figured she could just overpower/counter all his techniques with her water ones. she also had the same cold, indifferent sort of personality/demeanor as Hitsu.

Grimmjow will not be the same. he's much faster and much more ferocious, as well as being a brutal close range combatant.

if he can keep it close, i think he could possibly win either of the scenarios besides the one where he has no knowledge about Hitsu and Hitsu has full knowledge on him.

as for Desgardon, as i said, maybe in another situation, it would be worth a damn. it's supposed to be his ultimate move, but it was totally worthless against resolved Ichigo.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

While I agree with the notion, it wasn't like Harribel was standing around the whole time, there was a period where she was chasing him down and couldn't catch up. I'd agree Grimmjaw's probably faster regardless though, and his style will make things very different.

Not sure about Desagron though. Granted resolved Ichigo was taking it and breaking through but Resolved Ichigo also was just standing there to do so. It didn't really look like a move you use for a maneuverable opponent. Then again that's probably due to the way the scene played out, need to see it in a different scenario to get a more accurate judge.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hitsugaya said that even though she was chasing him she wasn't really trying though. She was just trying to get him off guard/was waiting for water to get everywhere.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast