Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)

View Poll Results: Strongest Hokage?

Voters
278. You may not vote on this poll
  • Senju Hashirama (Shodaime)

    105 37.77%
  • Senju Tobirama (Nidaime)

    6 2.16%
  • Sarutobi Hiruzen (Sandaime)

    50 17.99%
  • Namikaze Minato (Yondaime)

    112 40.29%
  • Tsunade (Godaime)

    5 1.80%
New Reply
Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 683

Thread: Who is the strongest hokage in the history of Konoha

  1. #46
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darth Executor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,858
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is really the strongest out of all the hokages?

    Oro's underling is kakashi's level and used her blood phobia against her. Plus, offensive power isn't everything. Tsunade's healing abilities are a huge lifesaver.

  2. #47
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Where the Red Fern Grows
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Posts
    6,098
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is really the strongest out of all the hokages?

    Quote Originally Posted by yellowman1 View Post
    again the 5th? idk why she is kage all she has is healing which is good but she was getting kicked around but oro. underling.....
    Don't underestimate her until u see what she could fully do. She can't die in battle and one touch or hit and ur screwed. Not only that her nerve confuser attack is lethal

  3. #48
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member yellowman1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    236
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is really the strongest out of all the hokages?

    Quote Originally Posted by Raizen View Post
    Don't underestimate her until u see what she could fully do. She can't die in battle and one touch or hit and ur screwed. Not only that her nerve confuser attack is lethal
    you say it like she is the fastest ninja alive and oro. took more then 3 hits from her she is all sannins and kages!
    ~There is a thin line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.~


  4. #49
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Where the Red Fern Grows
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Posts
    6,098
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is really the strongest out of all the hokages?

    Quote Originally Posted by yellowman1 View Post
    you say it like she is the fastest ninja alive and oro. took more then 3 hits from her she is all sannins and kages!
    No one mentioned anything about being fast.
    Oro survived b/c he experimented w/ his body and thus his body is not normal. Any other ninja hit by that would be down and out

    U underestimate her b4 u even have seen what she can do full out. Considering how strong oro and J-man are at full power, tsunade is at least at that level

  5. #50
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member yellowman1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    236
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is really the strongest out of all the hokages?

    Quote Originally Posted by Raizen View Post
    No one mentioned anything about being fast.
    Oro survived b/c he experimented w/ his body and thus his body is not normal. Any other ninja hit by that would be down and out

    U underestimate her b4 u even have seen what she can do full out. Considering how strong oro and J-man are at full power, tsunade is at least at that level
    at full power u ur self being a big j man fan knows she isnt near that lv and oro. fought on par with the 4 tails....
    ~There is a thin line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.~


  6. #51
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Where the Red Fern Grows
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Posts
    6,098
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is really the strongest out of all the hokages?

    Quote Originally Posted by yellowman1 View Post
    at full power u ur self being a big j man fan knows she isnt near that lv and oro. fought on par with the 4 tails....
    We haven't seen her full power yet so we can't assume she is weaker or stronger than the other sannins. IMO J-man is the strongest, but that is an opinion until tsunade fights all out

    U r underestimating when we haven't seen the fullness of what she can do

  7. #52
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member yellowman1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    236
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is really the strongest out of all the hokages?

    Quote Originally Posted by Raizen View Post
    We haven't seen her full power yet so we can't assume she is weaker or stronger than the other sannins. IMO J-man is the strongest, but that is an opinion until tsunade fights all out

    U r underestimating when we haven't seen the fullness of what she can do
    shes not a ninja to me she lacks speed nin,gen,and tai. i say tai beacsue she doesnt have the speed of a true tai user all she has is medic and str. and she is not fast enough to hit a good ninja by herself! and in the battle with oro. vs her j amn was there. and without the use of his arms
    ~There is a thin line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.~


  8. #53
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ~Joshua~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    In the New Jerusalem.
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    513
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is really the strongest out of all the hokages?

    I believe Minato is stronger simply because of all of his elements. Not elements as in fire, water, etc., but elements as in skill. I haven't really seen Hashirama to be a speedly type of person. He has a truckload of power and some pretty impressive jutsu. Minato on the other hand has so much speed that he was known throughout the entire world for it and single-handedly took out 50 Rock shinobi. His comrades told each other not to blink or they might miss out on the action. He has the Rasengan in his arsenal and even though he didn't finish it defenitely mastered it to some extent.

    Hashirama is apart of one out of two of the most feared clans in ninja history and helped to build one of the most powerful villages. He did defeat Madara so we know he has strength and lots of it. However I would still go with Minato here.
    "I pray for the strength to change what I can,
    The inability to accept what I can't,
    And the incapacity to tell the difference...."


  9. #54
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member wildG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Greece
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    480
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who's stronger 1st or 4th Hokage

    Guys its simple as that

    1st. 1st hokage was admired and respected by people whos ability is beyond dreams (just like madara)
    2nd. 1st Hokage had an ability which once in a lifetime would appear
    3rd. 1st Hokage was the leader of one of the two strongest shinobi clans
    4th. 1st Hokage Controlled 8 Bijus, considering the fact Uchihas had the kyuubi
    5th. 1st Hokage Created/Build Konoha with his mokuton super duper rare jutsus
    6th. 1st Hokage was and is the symbol of konoha as shown as from his motto "Will of fire"
    7th. 1st Hokage inspired all the following Hokages with his "will of fire" and ambitions
    8th. 1st Hokage has trained " da small Monkey" (also known as sarutobi)
    9th. 1st Hokage is someone who has experienced war and has grew up with war just like Madara
    10. 1st Hokage is so EPIC! Hes so godlike in these chapters he was shown as presented by madara!(not really a reason but...)

  10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  11. #55
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity nat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    lalalalalalalalalalalala
    Country
    Bermuda
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,976
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who's stronger 1st or 4th Hokage

    We don't know if he controlled all 8, but hey I agree with you.
    If you hate Sasuke, click here

    Tricked you

  12. #56
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Forever_Melody's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where there's hockey & poutine...
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,866
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who's stronger 1st or 4th Hokage

    The 1st's ability to control 8 Biyuus is attributed to his Moukuton bloodline. Yes, it takes skill to use it to attain that level of proficiency, but it is mostly an innate ability of his rather than a straightforward show of skill IMO. Just as I won't say Madara's great because he can control Kyuubi(he is great for other reasons though), because that is MS's power. The only 'skill' I attribute with that is the ability to reach that level of the Kekkei Genkai, but who knows if anyone else could've as well(ex: if Minato had MS or Moukuton, would he be able to accomplish the same?) so that argument is at best questionable.

    As for actual 'strength', both of them are more or less in the same boat. We haven't much from them. We've heard a lot, but we haven't seen it. We've heard Madara praise Hashirama as a god, but in the short battle with Sandaime, lots of people weren't that impressed with his performance. Same with Minato, we hear great stuff about him, but lots of readers weren't blown away by what he showed in Kakashi Gaiden. Heck, eliminate Madara's recent stories and people would probably still not be thinking that much of him right?

  13. #57
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Where the Red Fern Grows
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Posts
    6,098
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who's stronger 1st or 4th Hokage

    Having a KG does not mean u are strong. Look I am not denying that the first is strong, in fact I think he is up there in pein level along w/ hokage 1-4. However if u were to take mokuton's ability to control bijuu away or madara's EMS ability to control 9-tails, can they beat the 9-tails. I really doubt it. 9-tails is feared b/c w/ one swing of its tail it can cause earthquakes and tsunamis.

    In the end all we can really do is use the praise that the ninjas have given them. Based on that praise, Minato is the best. Praised by both Tsunade and J-man, the 3rd, kakashi, anko, and even other villages. I am sure everything the author does, he do it on purpose. Would he have given Minato all this praise if Minato was not that great? Would he have said Minato is unsurpassed or Minato was a ninja that puts fear in all if he didn't mean it? Everything that is given to us is the author's plan. Based on his writng Minato was the best that there is, w/ naruto being the only one capable of surpassing him

  14. #58
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Baron Hugenstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Depends...which planet are we talking about?
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,330
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is really the strongest out of all the hokages?

    ^ Here is the thing:
    You can't simply say, If Hashirama didn't have his mokuton, he would be nothing. These abilities are their personal traits and cannot be taken away. Example: If Jiraiya didn't have his HM, he would be weaker. But he still has it, and used it against Pain.

    Point of the matter, in most cases, as well as these, the end justifies the means.
    Hashirama and Madara proved capable of controlling Bijuu, while the 4th died while dealing with one. Not to say Minato is weak, he isn't, he was Hokage.
    But Minato couldn't do what the 1st or Madara could do. And that is a direct consequence of their own ability.

    But as i said earlier. Each Hokage is the strongest in his/her own respect, and cannot be compared to find an alpha Hokage.
    For example, Tsunade isn't a warrior so she might seem weaker than the other hokages, but she is the best there is in healing and medicine; i.e she is triumphant in that field.

  15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  16. #59
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Forever_Melody's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where there's hockey & poutine...
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,866
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is really the strongest out of all the hokages?

    I agree with sarry in the sense that we cannot determine it so much as a>b>c because it will never be like that in life. Yes, Kekkei Genkais are part of their power, but that also happens to be a part of their genetics and the luck of the draw to be born in the clan they were. Someone once said luck was a part of skill, so that much is attributed to them as well as having the ability to further and develop their bloodline to the point it is now.

    BUT.... I am not going to directly attribute facts about the bloodline vs a non bloodline person, because then it becomes unfair. Both Hashirama and Minato dealt with Kyuubi in their own right with the tools at their disposals. Hashirama just happened to have better tools. Does that make Minato less of a person? No it doesn't, it just means he dealt with it in a different way. It's like saying that a Sharingan user like Kakashi learns a jutsu faster than another genius because he has Sharingan. The Sharingan obviously helps and I give props to Kakashi for learning it still, but I do not use this as a main point to differ that Kakashi is a better learner than the other person, simply that he had better tools and used them better.

  17. #60
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Where the Red Fern Grows
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Posts
    6,098
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is really the strongest out of all the hokages?

    Quote Originally Posted by sarry View Post
    ^ Here is the thing:
    You can't simply say, If Hashirama didn't have his mokuton, he would be nothing. These abilities are their personal traits and cannot be taken away. Example: If Jiraiya didn't have his HM, he would be weaker. But he still has it, and used it against Pain.

    Point of the matter, in most cases, as well as these, the end justifies the means.
    Hashirama and Madara proved capable of controlling Bijuu, while the 4th died while dealing with one. Not to say Minato is weak, he isn't, he was Hokage.
    But Minato couldn't do what the 1st or Madara could do. And that is a direct consequence of their own ability.

    But as i said earlier. Each Hokage is the strongest in his/her own respect, and cannot be compared to find an alpha Hokage.
    For example, Tsunade isn't a warrior so she might seem weaker than the other hokages, but she is the best there is in healing and medicine; i.e she is triumphant in that field.
    I understand what u are saying but what I meant was that if we take away mokuton's ABILITY to control bijuus not take away mokuton completely. IMO I don;t think anyone is capable of beating the 9-tail fox w/o controlling it. Just like if we take away the sharingan's ability to control the 9-tails, would a uchiha be able to beat the 9-tails in a fight I doubt it.

    I agree each hokage is the best that there is in a certain area, but IMO the 4th is the greatest ninja that there is or not the author wouldn't have mentioned it so many times

New Reply
Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts