Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Strongest Hokage?

Voters
279. You may not vote on this poll
  • Senju Hashirama (Shodaime)

106 37.99%
  • Senju Tobirama (Nidaime)

6 2.15%
  • Sarutobi Hiruzen (Sandaime)

50 17.92%
  • Namikaze Minato (Yondaime)

112 40.14%
  • Tsunade (Godaime)

5 1.79%
New Reply
Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is the strongest hokage in the history of Konoha

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member lazyboyrod's Avatar
    Country
    Haiti
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Strongest Hokage in History

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    I don't think there is a Hokage that shines over the others, I'm sure all of them have their respective attributes that made them powerful.
    Whenever I see your sig I think of the Second Hokage lol

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Sandaime Hokage is referenced as "History's Strongest" in DB1.

Quote Quote:
    Databook 1 Page 117
    "プロフェッサー"と崇められる歴代最強の火影

The "Professor" revered as the strongest Hokage in history.
    In terms of being referred to the "most powerful" or "strongest", Kishimoto tends to use "最強" (saikyou), which I have bolded in the above quote.

Let's see who the Sandaime Hokage's history includes according to their "reign":

- Shodai
    - Nidaime
    - Sandaime
    - Yondaime
    - Sandaime

Likewise, Databook 1 Page 119:

Quote Quote:
    "歴代最強""天才"など,三代目火影を形容する言葉はに満ちている.
    "History's Strongest", "Genius", etc., there are many words that describe the Sandaime Hokage.
    Quote Originally Posted by alias85 View Post
    I know the 4th was said to be the strongest, but in what aspect? Let's look over this part for the sake of argument. If you do believe the 4th is the strongest, please elaborate why.
    Yondaime has never been stated to be the strongest. What Jiraiya said is "なんせあやつは忍として器は歴代一だった...” -> "nanse ayatsu wa shinobi toshite utsuwa wa rekidaiichi datta...". A literal translation of that would be "Afterall, his ability/caliber/capacity as a shinobi was number one in history".

I don't know why Kishimoto calls the Sandaime the strongest while calling the Yondaime the greatest. The two concepts normally go hand-in-hand, though that isn't always the case. And even though the Yondaime Hokage is depicted as being the best ninja introduced so far, does he need to be the strongest as well? No. Not having the title of "strongest" does not harm his character or take away his importance in the story.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Franckie View Post
    The Sandaime Hokage is referenced as "History's Strongest" in DB1.

In terms of being referred to the "most powerful" or "strongest", Kishimoto tends to use "最強" (saikyou), which I have bolded in the above quote.

Let's see who the Sandaime Hokage's history includes according to their "reign":

- Shodai
    - Nidaime
    - Sandaime
    - Yondaime
    - Sandaime

Likewise, Databook 1 Page 119:

Yondaime has never been stated to be the strongest. What Jiraiya said is "なんせあやつは忍として器は歴代一だった...” -> "nanse ayatsu wa shinobi toshite utsuwa wa rekidaiichi datta...". A literal translation of that would be "Afterall, his ability/caliber/capacity as a shinobi was number one in history".

I don't know why Kishimoto calls the Sandaime the strongest while calling the Yondaime the greatest. The two concepts normally go hand-in-hand, though that isn't always the case. And even though the Yondaime Hokage is depicted as being the best ninja introduced so far, does he need to be the strongest as well? No. Not having the title of "strongest" does not harm his character or take away his importance in the story.
    hahaha it's so funny how you have to post this over and over again.
    But I do see ur point. How can u say one is the greatest and on is the strongest??

personally I vote for the 4th, but I am sure most of you already know that. he was able to make a jutsu that was at the highest level of spacial composition. Also, he is the only known ninja that has truly mastered and gained the respect of gamabunta. even J-man has a hard time controlling him. Along with that he can move extremely fast and i am not talking about the Hiraishin. I bet he can move swifly w/o it. His technique just lets him KO people b4 they realize it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Baron Hugenstein's Avatar
    Depends...which planet are we talking about?
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

in their own prime time, each of them was the strongest Hokage....but i would say the first was by far the strongest, to defeat an ems user with the kyuubi as his pet fox
    that has to high standard of power.

but u cant underestimate tsunade's huge boobs too

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raizen View Post
    But I do see ur point. How can u say one is the greatest and on is the strongest??
    "Greatest" and "strongest" normally go hand-in-hand, but not in this case because of the context. Jiraiya told Naruto that the Yondaime had the talent to become the best. If he had realized his full-potential before he sacrificed his life to seal the Kyuubi into his own son, the Yondaime would have stolen Sandaime's title of "History's Strongest". That is why the Yondaime Hogake is known as the "greatest" shinobi. Still, the Sandaime Hogake is considered stronger because (1) the Yondaime died relatively young (mid-twenties from the looks of things) and (2) Sandaime knowing how to "counter" every jutsu in Konoha. These are assumptions on my part, however. It isn't exactly clear-cut why Sandaime is considered stronger, but databook and manga state that the Yondaime Hogake did not surpass the Sandaime Hogake.

Quote Quote:
    personally I vote for the 4th, but I am sure most of you already know that. he was able to make a jutsu that was at the highest level of spacial composition. Also, he is the only known ninja that has truly mastered and gained the respect of gamabunta. even J-man has a hard time controlling him. Along with that he can move extremely fast and i am not talking about the Hiraishin. I bet he can move swifly w/o it. His technique just lets him KO people b4 they realize it.
    Like I already said - the Yondaime Hokage is depicted as being the best ninja introduced so far, but does he need to be the strongest as well? No. Not having the title of "strongest" does not harm his character or take away his importance in the story.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity nat's Avatar
    Country
    Bermuda
    Post Thanks / Like

hmmmm, though the forth had lots of potential, his life was cut short. He was strong ,but i don't think he was the strongest of the bunch.

My vote goes to the first, the guy could tame demons (or just the kyuubi?), had a technique which noone else had,was able to counter the all-knowing sharingan, plus he was the elected by almost everyone in the newly founded konoha, so he had be insanely strong.
    Last edited by nat; May 15, 2008 at 04:18 PM.
    If you hate Sasuke, click here

Tricked you

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted TheChosenOne's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Sandaime is stated as being the strongest Hokage by Iruka and apparently in the databook's, but Kakashi thinks that Minato is still unsurpassed and believes Naruto is the only one capable of doing so.

Which is why I believe that there isn't neccesarily a stronger Hokage, each of them likely the most powerful during their own era/reign.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who's stronger 1st or 4th Hokage

Quote Originally Posted by Raizen View Post
    Personally I believe the 4th is the strongest.
    I believed in the 1st chapter or the data book, it was said that the 4th showed up late to the battle against the 9-tails. Maybe he did fight Madara also.

Despite that, the 1st had the ability to suppress the 9-tails while the 4th had no such thing and still he did the unimaginable which was to be able to overpower the 9-tails to seal it. As demonstrated in the battle between the 3rd and oro, the Reaper death seal depends on the strength of the user. Saidame was weak and tired and therefore he was unable to fully seal oro. The 4th was able to overpower the 9-tails in order to seal it, and this was after fighting the 9-tails and summoning bunta.

Overall, 4th is the best ninja!!
    Most likely he was late because he was preparing his son to be the container for Kyubi...Or his wife was giving birth to his son, and right then and there, he made plans to put Kyubi into Naruto.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who's stronger 1st or 4th Hokage

Quote Originally Posted by Konkun View Post
    Most likely he was late because he was preparing his son to be the container for Kyubi...Or his wife was giving birth to his son, and right then and there, he made plans to put Kyubi into Naruto.
    Maybe, but then again it is just my speculation. The 4th must have encountered madara in order to do what he did. Splitting the yin and yang. Creating a key. Sealing it in his son instead of in the shinigami. I think this is what j-man was referring to

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I seem to take what kakashi said more to heart than what iruka said. Iruka may have been biased because he views the 3rd as a father figure.

Although i totally get what you are saying Frankie, I still stand by what i believe

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

the 4th had the greatest capacity, meaning the most potential. Meaning probably the greatest at his age but he died young, before his prime. The 3rd reached his prime so his title of the strongest makes sense. The 1st was a monster but we never got to see he and his brothers pupil, the 3rd in his prime, but he didnt get labelled the strongest in history without reason.

My vote is Sandaime, but if the 4th reached his prime itd have been him.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member yellowman1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Grin Who is really the strongest out of all the hokages?

Please order them from strongest to weakest of ur opinion and why
    1.Hashirama Senju (1st hokage)
    2.Minato Namikaze (4th hokage)
    3.Minato Namikaze (3rd hokage)
    4.Nidaime (2nd hokage)
    5.Tsunade (5th hokage)
    i up the 1st number one cause he survied the first great ninja war and he was strong enough to beat basically the whole uchiha clan and create a village and rule it if not the 4th would be 1st cuase of his amazing speed i put the the 3rd 3rd cause he would be first cause he took on both the 2nd and first at once but the the thrid is stronger and i dont believe the 1st was fighting of his own will (his full strength) and the 2nd 4th cause hes better then tsunade she got hokage by defult lol i dont think she desevres it really....
    ~There is a thin line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.~

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted KnuckleheadedNinja's Avatar
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who is really the strongest out of all the hokages?

I have to say it impossible to know because the only hokage that we know anything about is tsunade. But if we go by what has been stated in the manga then the 3rd is the strongest. He was regard to as the strongest hokage ever.

"Too much hope is the opposite of despair... an overpowering love may consume you in the end."

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The 3rd was considered the strongest.
    The 4th was considered the greatest ninja ever (could have been the strongest had he reached prime
    The 1st was amazing in the he beat the uchihas most powerful memeber w/ EMS in the prime
    The 2nd is strong in that he is said to be on par with his bro
    Tsunade is a a master healer
    IMO, I would rank them from 1-10 in strength
    1st- 9.7
    2nd- 9.5
    3rd- 10
    4th- 10
    5th- 9

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member yellowman1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

again the 5th? idk why she is kage all she has is healing which is good but she was getting kicked around but oro. underling.....
    ~There is a thin line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.~

New Reply
Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast