Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Naruto powering up too fast.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto powering up too fast.

Its been foreshadowed for quite some time that Naruto would gain full control over the Kyuubi. And since the Fourth Great Ninja War is approaching and the ending to the manga is drawing near, he is going to need the Kyuubi power as an ace when he inevitably goes head-to-head with Sasuke again and probably Madara as well.

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.
    <%M3J> Though I wouldn't mind Sari dominating me.

GOT MILLKKK? 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

I very much believe Naruto is powering up too fast, with other words Naruto didn't do enough with Sage Mode alone before he got other powers into the mixture. The reason why he's doing that is because Kishi messed up his storyline, honestly. If something happened in between the Invasion arc and Kage Summit arc, it would have been easier for Kishi to showcase Naruto's Sage Mode abilities more than one time before the next power up. Because Naruto's lack of "Sage Mode fights" is what makes it seem rushed, not the amount of chapters to be honest.

Naruto has used Sage Mode several times outside of battle post-Pain. Once for tracking purposes and once for training IIRC. He also fought once more with Sage Mode when fighting Kyuubi. This can count as a fight, but to me the fight was too short to really be "another Sage Mode fight", but it does count for something. To me it would have been perfect had Naruto fought ONE more real opponent before getting another power up, but since he fought Kyuubi with it I'm partly satisfied. His Kyuubi power up came at an expected time really so it's not like we didn't know this would happen, still it doesn't mean I'm fully satisfied just because it was predictable. Is Naruto powering up too fast? Yes, a little.
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

3. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that he will be able to use it even better now that he can control the kyuubi.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

[rant]

Sure, Naruto may be powering up too fast...but why does everyone assume that he's going to automatically default to using the Kyuubi chakra?

Sure, he may have a lot of different powerful techniques (Sage Mode + Kyuubi chakra and whatever abilities it may grant him), but does he automatically have to use them? No. To me, it seems appropriate that he'll use it for this fight against Kisame, as he just got new powers and now it's time to test 'em out.

The extent of the abilities that he gains from the Kyuubi chakra is unknown, and in several aspects it may be inferior to Sage/Nature chakra. Sure, Naruto gained the ability to detect hatred (or whatever you want to call it), but that doesn't mean that he has the same sort of sensory/chakra detecting abilities like he does using Sage Mode, nor have we seen any sort of proof that Naruto can mix Sage/Nature chakra with Kyuubi chakra and create some crazy new "God Mode". They're just theories right now.

To me, Naruto strikes me as the sort of person who would use his powers progressively or swap between them all as the fight dictates. I can't see him ignoring Sage Mode and going directly for the Kyuubi chakra, nor can I see neglecting to use his own chakra just because the Kyuubi or Sage/Nature chakras are "better". They're all very different and I think he's going to use them all for different purposes and with different strategies.

Right now, it's way too early to tell:

-The extent of the abilities/power he has from the Kyuubi chakra
    -How he's going to use it in battle / how long he can use it
    -If there are any negatives to using Kyuubi chakra
    -If the Kyuubi chakra grants him better sensory abilities than Sage Mode
    -If he is going to neglect Sage Mode for Kyuubi chakra
    -If he is going to try to mix Sage/Nature and Kyuubi chakra

Right now, it's way too early to tell how things are going, after all, we've only seen one chapter (not counting when he sealed the Kyuubi). All he did in that one chapter was detect Kisame's presence and use high speed movement...and yet suddenly Naruto is a "God" / SSJ / over-powered / whatever you want to call it.

As fun as theories/discussions are, I say we wait and see how the next several chapters go before we start with all of the assumptions.

[/rant]
    Last edited by jsing992; August 10, 2010 at 07:02 AM. Reason: spelling and crap.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i will say this for all the power he now has naruto know he has like what five jutsu.

he need to learn more wind jutsu. look at what danzo could do.

also he is fighting a guy he becomes nearly invincible and whose biggest weakness just got axed thank to itachi's eyes.

so no.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Xsoteria's Avatar
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

It's true that he is powering up a bit too fast for my liking, but I don't think that he will stop using SM or that this new mode will make his fights lose dynimics.
    Brigands demand your money or your life; women require both.
    Better be nice to them

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner hanswc's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

the powerups are realy to fast, it´s like DBZ back than. the other char´s havn´t any chance againt naruto or sasuke. sasuke and naruto get´s to big powerups. sasuke has the best defense and a unbeliveable attack (the arrow) and know he gets a special ability. with naruto it´s the same, know he is unbeliveable strong, only sasuke can fight him. the sage mode was realy good, because the mode has a limit. but know with the kyuubi he has an unlimit power and get´s whitout any training sunshin jutos ( i hat this realy). it would been better if he focus on his wind element chakra and make little steps up and dont get such a power up without training. in the moment i dont like the way of the story.

9. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Roflkopt3r's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a pity that he and Sasuke advance at this kind of speed, not too long ago they were at a quite measurable level and almost comparable to normal human beeings at least. Now they transform and make themselves invulnerable and ignite everything and so on, that's somewhat of a change... A bit too fast, truly.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Oathencrantz's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if Naruto and Sasuke are powering up too fast or not, but I enjoyed the days when you could make threads like;

Sasuke vs Kimimaro

Naruto vs Kakuzu

Sasuke vs Neji

Naruto vs Gaara

Sasuke vs Gaara

Sasuke vs Sasori

.....and not seem ridiculous.

I don't know if the right word is 'sad' but it would seem the general consensus is that not even beasts like Ae, Killer Bee, Tsunade, Kakashi, Kisame, Gai or Terumi Mei can hang with these 16 year olds.
    Last edited by Oathencrantz; August 10, 2010 at 02:53 PM.

12. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, he's powering up too fast. But before blaming my reasoning on the fact that I dislike Naruto, let me say that Sasuke is getting powerful too fast aswell.

The more powerful the characters become, the less likely we're gonna see a fight that takes strategy or has that genuine feeling that the win can go either way. Just jutsu spam followed by DBZ style craters and eventually an "I'll never give up!" speech. Just look at Minato vs. Madara. If you didn't know who those two characters were, nothing in that fight would have made anyone think Madara or Minato were more than just two average ninja with super hax jutsu.

Naruto and Sasuke need something outside of jutsu to cement their status as greatest ninja of their generation.

14. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 3cmm View Post
    I very much believe Naruto is powering up too fast, with other words Naruto didn't do enough with Sage Mode alone before he got other powers into the mixture. The reason why he's doing that is because Kishi messed up his storyline, honestly. If something happened in between the Invasion arc and Kage Summit arc, it would have been easier for Kishi to showcase Naruto's Sage Mode abilities more than one time before the next power up. Because Naruto's lack of "Sage Mode fights" is what makes it seem rushed, not the amount of chapters to be honest.

Naruto has used Sage Mode several times outside of battle post-Pain. Once for tracking purposes and once for training IIRC. He also fought once more with Sage Mode when fighting Kyuubi. This can count as a fight, but to me the fight was too short to really be "another Sage Mode fight", but it does count for something. To me it would have been perfect had Naruto fought ONE more real opponent before getting another power up, but since he fought Kyuubi with it I'm partly satisfied. His Kyuubi power up came at an expected time really so it's not like we didn't know this would happen, still it doesn't mean I'm fully satisfied just because it was predictable. Is Naruto powering up too fast? Yes, a little.
    i also wanted to see another fight for naruto in sage mode. he only had one and he was new at it. maybe we will see him use it solely again but who knows there are not much villains around anymore. naruto had a good chance to showcase sage mode again during the kage meeting by having naruto face against zetsu at least. but kishi seems he does not want to have naruto fight many fights. he has only had one fight in part 2. i don't really mind the power ups this is a shonen manga the powers always inflate as the manga goes on. and kishi has said he was a DB fan so it was expected to see over board powers near the end. but naruto just needed for fights to showcase the true potential of his jutsus.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

sasuke after the death of itachi was looking really strong then he met killer bee and nearly died.

so i am not going to go with sasuke and naruto are beyond everyone now.

some people are bad match ups for them. kisame is still i great fighter to take on killer bee and naruto. sasuke probably has a great advantage if he was fighting one of the kages but another would destroy him.

in naruto match ups mean a lot.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Revolation's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blaise View Post
    Agree. Naruto's powerups 'need' each other. Thats how kishi is building up naruto. He gets kagebunshin, uses kb to complete rasengan, uses kb and rasengan to complete rasenshuriken, rasenshuriken damages him in normal mode so he uses kb to learn sagemode so that he can apply rasenshuriken safely. Sage mode has a few issues that need to be worked out, lo and behold a rikudou mode appears. We all know whats likely to happen next based on this pattern.
    Sage mode isn't going anywhere. Rs mode has appeared to perfect sennin mode utterly. Kishi is building up naruto solidly and completely. Nothing rushed abt this. Every single thing naruto has ever learned or acquired is being used to build an ultimate form
    ^ this because it makes alot of sense.

it also seems people are mixing up hiraishin(flying thunder god) to shunsin(body flicker).

they aren't the same thing, naruto used shunshin before. it's just that killer bee compared it to the yellow flash in a rap song this chapter that has people thinking naruto suddenly learned hiraishin.
    Last edited by Revolation; August 28, 2010 at 05:36 PM.
    Bleach 354-356 spoiler and chapter discussions. Most hilarious ones ever. How hueco mundo and The Lust arc killed "ichihime"
    Spoiler: What happened with Nel and Kenpachi after Ichigo went to Ulqiorra(vol 39 sketches) show

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity elitefox's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Naruto's growth did a halt/slowed through 2 1/2 years.

It may be rapid now because he hasn't been developed in 2 1/2 years but instead he is being develop now through training arcs.

Sasuke powered up through 2 1/2 years as we have seen and then halt then get oro then get ms then halt again and at this stage what did naruto get? incomplete FRS and kage bunshin secret. I would have laugh at his development but still...

he has the unlimited potential but until exploited like what is happening now.
    and on the counterpart, Sasuke has a limited huge potential through ms but thats it, unlock ms then no more growth.
    CLEANED

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe what you will see happen is Naruto combine the two into something nobody has ever seen before - even from the RS.

Remember: Sage chakra has to be in balance with the other chakra and spirit.

The limitation of taking in Sage chakra while moving stems from not being able to keep from taking in too much.

But that is for ppl with normal chakra.

I think the huge reserve of pure life energy chakra .... balancing basically as much sage chakra as Naruto can take .. will open up a new form. Not just constant sage mode ... but a unity with the energy of the living world.

Can you say ... Hirashin without the need for seals?

22. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast