Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Naruto powering up too fast.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto powering up too fast.

Well think about it, if the way Naruto conquered the Kyuubi is the same as how KB conquered the 8 tails, surely Naruto still has a kyuubi consciousness somewhere in there that he can interact with. one that ISNT an asshat.
    If that is the case, then surely the kyuubi can gather natural chakra while feeding it and its own to Naruto. Its not like the kyuubi has to move or anything.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

O RLY, Naruto is powering up too fast in a literal sense this is true. He is only sixteen years old and as powerful as Killerbee, Raikage the latter who is well past his middle-ages. However, in the story point of view he isn't. Remember Sasuke is Naruto rival, and before this Kyuubi power up Sasuke was well ahead in terms of power-ups, so this one was definitely needed. Also, we are on chapter 505 by now the main character should be strong, and Kishi is wrapping up the story so this new power-up definitely makes sense.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Tahl's Avatar
    Country
    Scotland
    Post Thanks / Like

My only issue is that Naruto unlike say bleach did a good job of keeping a natural evolution to Naruto-verse powers.

Jiraya for example went Rasengan to Giant rasengan,
    Naruto Rasengan, Rasen-Shurikan etc

It's now looking worryingly like these new powers simply supercede the old ones, and remember we have only really seen Naruto fight in Sage mode once and already he seems to have something new and better....

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ShiShi-O's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

why is it everytime naruto gets a downgrade people say he got a power up?

this naruto is definitively weaker than 5+ tailed naruto/kyubi (well until i see him destroy the landscape anyway)

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Roflkopt3r's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShiShi-O View Post
    why is it everytime naruto gets a downgrade people say he got a power up?

this naruto is definitively weaker than 5+ tailed naruto/kyubi (well until i see him destroy the landscape anyway)
    Definitly? You seem very certain of this, yet we haven't seen much of anything. He gave Kisame a killer punch, but he's a guy who would certainly live through some five-tail-beating as well. Also we've seen remarkable speed, likely to be way faster than five tailed Naruto.
    Apart from that, there is no info about his strength and speed so your early judgement seems rash to me.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SharpKnives's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

QB cloak was seriously lame. The one I prefer is tha one he fought oro and pain with. I think we may have lost the only chance at seeing interesting Naruto fights. Cause we all can agree naruto only knows three moves but Kyuubi does alot more.

With this cloak all I expect to see him do is sense things zip around and rasengan things. Where does Kyuubi come in at all. Will naruto even get the ability to resist the sharigan.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member katon_style's Avatar
    Country
    Albania
    Post Thanks / Like

if we compare the distance from pain arc until now yes of course the power up is too fast compared with the entire episodes of shippuden and i agree with the topic starter according on manga but in the anime kishi will surely put dozens of fillers after pain arc and we will see naruto perfectly mastering SM

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

I think with Sasuke, we got to see his MS's limits (ie. battle vs Killer Bee and against the Kages and Danzou) which forced him to want to get stronger.

With Naruto, we really haven't seen SM been taken to the limit (Think DBZ when Vegeta and Trunks got their asses handed to them in SS1 form by the Androids and were forced to get stronger.) Naruto's power-ups would be better served after another time skip if he hasn't encountered such a dilemma IMO.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ashher's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tahl View Post
    My only issue is that Naruto unlike say bleach did a good job of keeping a natural evolution to Naruto-verse powers.

Jiraya for example went Rasengan to Giant rasengan,
    Naruto Rasengan, Rasen-Shurikan etc

It's now looking worryingly like these new powers simply supercede the old ones, and remember we have only really seen Naruto fight in Sage mode once and already he seems to have something new and better....
    about the bold part,i think its more accurate to say that he has something new and different....something that's better in some cases,while sage mode is better in other cases.

to make my meaning clearer,i would go on to predict that 9t mode is better when speed and sealing is the order of the day.but when its ninjutsu and taijutus sage mode is still the one (rasenshuriken, extending body reach in frog katas).

Quote Originally Posted by katon_style View Post
    if we compare the distance from pain arc until now yes of course the power up is too fast compared with the entire episodes of shippuden and i agree with the topic starter according on manga but in the anime kishi will surely put dozens of fillers after pain arc and we will see naruto perfectly mastering SM
    no,we were getting prepared for this latest power-up (controlling 9t) since the very start of manga...you can't just take the recent things in calculation and leave the rest.

learing sage mode was a quicker job in comparsion,still it was presented in an acceptable manner.

Quote Originally Posted by shlowbro View Post
    I think with Sasuke, we got to see his MS's limits (ie. battle vs Killer Bee and against the Kages and Danzou) which forced him to want to get stronger.

With Naruto, we really haven't seen SM been taken to the limit (Think DBZ when Vegeta and Trunks got their asses handed to them in SS1 form by the Androids and were forced to get stronger.) Naruto's power-ups would be better served after another time skip if he hasn't encountered such a dilemma IMO.
    yap i agree with you in the basics....and its not just sage mode,its true for wind element as well. sm,wind,9t and recent sealings....naruto is given a lot of raw resources,and i would've preferred to see him using them more ingeniously. i am not necessarily talking about new jutsus,rather just more cleverer use of them in more strenuous situations (which is kinda opposite to mindless dbz powerups).
    Last edited by ashher; August 12, 2010 at 02:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member matrice's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

The main problem with Naruto's development is the randomness of it. He went away on a training trip with one of the best shinobi in the world, and he came back substantially unchanged (without even knowing about KB's special properties, or about element manipulation, not to mention that, for someone who has signed one of the three strongest summoning contracts, he is suprisingly reluctant to put the Toads to good use... pretty stupid, considering that they have been the element that had allowed him to with a confrontation with Shukaku, thus defeating an opponent that would reach Kage level in the next three years).
    Then, in a week, he manages to master a special brand of ninja techniques that Jiraya had not been able to wield correctly after decades of training. He also completes a jutsu the Yondaime had been unable to finish, and apparently manages to gain control over the Kyubi and gain Hiraishin-level speed at in a single move. Add to that the charka sensory abilities.
    What I am trying to tell, I guess, is that before, he didn't have almost any jutsu besides kage bunshin, and now it seems like Kishimoto wants to add any random thing that comes to mind to Naruto's arsenal, without bothering to explain how he managed to learn it. Take those huge Rasengan-like techniques... how can he manage to do that, and at the same time be unable to produce a regular-sized rasengan without two-three clones aiding him?. More importantly, how was he able to find the time to learn how to do that, on top of learning to feel nature, trying to learn an entire new style of taijutsu and perfecting his chakra sensing skills?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

actually i think its been steady just it always judged compare to peoples expectations.
    look round about how many people wrote super strong naruto fanfic out there. people wanted him to pown.

exepectation are the problem.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matrice View Post
    The main problem with Naruto's development is the randomness of it. He went away on a training trip with one of the best shinobi in the world, and he came back substantially unchanged (without even knowing about KB's special properties, or about element manipulation, not to mention that, for someone who has signed one of the three strongest summoning contracts, he is suprisingly reluctant to put the Toads to good use... pretty stupid, considering that they have been the element that had allowed him to with a confrontation with Shukaku, thus defeating an opponent that would reach Kage level in the next three years).
    Then, in a week, he manages to master a special brand of ninja techniques that Jiraya had not been able to wield correctly after decades of training. He also completes a jutsu the Yondaime had been unable to finish, and apparently manages to gain control over the Kyubi and gain Hiraishin-level speed at in a single move. Add to that the charka sensory abilities.
    What I am trying to tell, I guess, is that before, he didn't have almost any jutsu besides kage bunshin, and now it seems like Kishimoto wants to add any random thing that comes to mind to Naruto's arsenal, without bothering to explain how he managed to learn it. Take those huge Rasengan-like techniques... how can he manage to do that, and at the same time be unable to produce a regular-sized rasengan without two-three clones aiding him?. More importantly, how was he able to find the time to learn how to do that, on top of learning to feel nature, trying to learn an entire new style of taijutsu and perfecting his chakra sensing skills?
    he got the sensing ability from the kyuubi. the kyuubi had already shown a few time he could sense evil in a persons heart. like bee gained ink from the hachibi naruto got the sensing ability from the kyuubi. this is not random he has been trying to control the kyuubi for over 500 chapters. he only needs one clone to make rasengans not three 3 was for the FRS but know it only takes 3. the large rasengan he did not have to train to be able to use them cause it is just adding more chakra to it he has already mastered it.

people get mad cause naruto learns new things and some say nothing when sasuke pulls jutsus and chakra out of no where. like summoning the hawk, getting chakra from darkness and being able to control ameratsu easily better then even itachi who had the MS for many years. it is because the is better then itachi the same way naruto is better then jiriaya and minato that is why they can do things the other gen could not.

Quote Originally Posted by shlowbro View Post

naruto lost to pain in SM he had to use the kyuubi to beat him and then used it against the kyuubi and almost lost because the kyuubis anger was to much, he was taken to his limit. in both fights and SM was not enough that is why he decided to learn how to control the kyuubi. plus if he did not sasuke and madara could just control naruto because they could control the kyuubi and naruto could not.
    Last edited by NAM61; August 12, 2010 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jiraiyanindo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont think naruto is powering up too fast. I mean, naruto has been out for basically ten years now and we are just finally seeing him use the full kyuubi chakra without side effects. I'm happy with the progression of the manga.

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3