Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)

View Poll Results: Who is the Most Mistreated?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Komamura

11 26.19%
  • Hinamori

9 21.43%
  • Harribel

13 30.95%
  • Chad

10 23.81%
  • Renji

7 16.67%
  • Tousen

4 9.52%
  • Nemu

8 19.05%
  • Rangiku

4 9.52%
  • Sasakibe

0 0%
  • Orihime

4 9.52%
  • Other

8 19.05%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Most Mistreated Character

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Nicholas.Sama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Most Mistreated Character

I know I'm not the only one who has thought to myself, "Damn, he/she deserved better than that."
    I made this thread so that we can express how certain characters have been ripped off.

My top picks:

Harribel:
    Anyone would have given her a more interesting fight the Hitsugaya's plot hax ass. The moment she was paired with him I knew she was screwed. Regardless of his shitty performance against Luppi and Yammy. And after she gets beaten by Hitsu, she needs to get bailed out by the least intelligent arrancar, just to be done in by Aizen after deeming her worthless. WTF did she do to piss you off Kubo?

Komamura:
    This guy is always getting pwned, ALWAYS.
    His one good fight was with a FRACCION, yeah, him and all the other VC's.

Hitsugaya:
    Even though he always wins, he looks like utter trash in the process because Kubo always milks the shit out of his fights.

That's just a few. What characters do you think deserved better?
    Last edited by Nicholas.Sama; August 07, 2010 at 03:44 PM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Most Mistreated Character

Komamura definitely deserved better.

All he's done in this series is get owned:

By Aizen
    By Tousen
    By Aizen, again.

Why people gotta hate on a brotha?

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member slmcknett's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Harribel for sure. Kubo probably just didn't want nerds wanking off to her awkward fighting positions so he just decided to erase her fight completely. But honestly, for the Third Espada, she didn't do much to establish her rank, unlike the others in the top who clearly showed us why they have their number.

Renji. Only because he started off as a really badass guy and one of Ichigo's main rivals, but nowadays he's just cannon fodder to expose the enemy's weakness so that somebody stronger can come in and kill them off for him (Uryu and Mayuri prove this).

For that matter, all of Ichigo's friends count because after their one fight in Hueco Mundo, we never see them again. And when we do, they don't make much of an impact in the situation. Except Uryu, who actually did defeat Yammy, thus allowing Ichigo to focus on Ulquiorra.

Sasakibe. He's the lieutenant of Squad 1, yet he's had no fights or screen time to allow him to show how badass he's supposed to be. And the one time he does get to fight, Ichigo KO's him in 3 seconds flat.

Also Yachiru, Nanao and Nemu for the same reason as Sasakibe.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Hungary
    Post Thanks / Like

Rangiku!
    My only few words are this: look at what happened in the manga currently: fodder, always cannon fodder. She is being treated as the reserve boobies, aside from that, nothing memorable. She doesn't get any good fights, and when she does, she loses them. All of them.

She always needs someone to back her up, but dammit, she's HITSUGAYA'S vice.
    Hell, Hitsu has more screentime than most captains, why not share the love with Rangiku? oh wait i know. Fanbois and Fangurrlz.

Only thing that was supposed to deliver is the anime. Even in that, most of the time she's either drunk, has a girlgasm over shops, has boobs over someone's neck or just dying offscreen due to damage. The last filler arc with the Zanpakutos didn't do her any justice either, one boring fight with if i remember correctly, enemy switching. With Hinamori.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Among vice captains, save obviously Renji who has bankai and thus an excuse in that regard, Matsumoto's got the most screentime to work with. Granted with unsatisfying mooks battles, save like Kira and the Jury's out on that one, but it's not like she's completely shafted in that regard. Hinamori and bloody NANAO have far less to work with frankly. Between Nanao and Nemu if it weren't for that freaking vice captain cover it would be unclear if they even HAD Zanpakuto.

Speaking of which, Nemu. Poor girl... >>

Though yeah most shafted is probably Harribel. Granted the anime made her fight actually good, and looks to actually do something with her following battle in a few episodes, but yeah Kubo completely screwed her over. She better survive, if only because she has high teamwork potential with Hitsugaya to work with. In turn Hitsugaya's fights are generally unsatisfying in any regard, be it do to brevity, generally something keeping him back only to oneshot, or that he had a split battle with the Barragon fight.

Though the one who clearly needs way more love than he gets is clearly Chad. Most of his fights end up as oneshot WTFPWNs usually, be it either him or his opponent. The closest thing he had to a struggle was against that Privaron, and even that was only due to him not pulling the left arm out till the last minute.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Komamura, definitely komamura.... he should get at least 1 fight when he gets to show what his shikai and bankai are made off...

9. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Komamura, definitely komamura.... he should get at least 1 fight when he gets to show what his shikai and bankai are made off...
    Seconded, Komamura's my favorite character. He needs to shut those who call him the weakest captain up once and for all. Kaname's resureccion stopped his BANKAI'S HUGE ASS SWORD with one of his freakin' antennae. Seriously, if Komamura's sword couldn't cut through that guy then what the hell would? Mr. most-powerful-member-of-the-Kuchiki-clan-of-all-time's little cherry blossoms which do little more than harass?

Yeah sure.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Komamura definitely. He's fought Aizen twice (and Aizen=god until Ichigo dethrones him at the end) as well as a perfect hybrid Tousen in resurreccion.

Not to mention that his character and morals are very noble, he deserves better.

Halibel, she mentioned something about an ultimate attack, get's beaten to the point by Hitsu (pulling another OHKO out of nowhere), and then when she's freed she randomly gets pwned by Aizen...

Chad/Sado, he was on a roll until he got wtfpwned by Noitora. Plus, his abilities are by far the most unique in the manga.
    Current Theories/Beliefs for Bleach:
    -Barragan and Halibel arn't goners yet-Confirmed
    -Ukitake has an absorb and redirect type shikai (think baby nel vs. Dardonii's cero)-Confirmed
    -The VL army/group that Aizen supposedly has doesn't exist-Pending/Waiting for confirmation on Wonderweiss
    -The Vizards have ulterior motives, by ulterior I mean they arn't just going to be goody-two-shoes and help out the SS that betrayed them just to get back at Aizen-Pending

13. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Revolation's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Um. you guys know NEMU IS THE MOST under treated. not only does she get abused and treated like a slave.

but she hasn't even got to show off her obvious beast skills. i mean she and yachiru are probably the strongest VCs

i've recently realized, that nobody would care if komamura got a good fight since he never gets one, but hitsu got owned by shawlong and luppi, the when he owns harribel he's hax.

i know i know, totally different circumstances, but still....

and everyone likes to hype the luppif fight for hitsu's "failness", i mean so what, he got hit? you are going to get hit in a fight. especially considering it was a sneak attack since the arms came out of nowhere out of a ton of smoke, and he blocked the first arm. it's luppi's fault for not following up with hitsu, it's his own fault that hitsu got a attack in on him. and now thats hax? sure say luppi got the idot ball was hax all you want
    oh wait thats not what people say is hax. people say the fact that hitsu used a new attack is what was hax. hello? how are we going to see new attacks unless hitsu uses them. i ask that once again. still waiting for a answer

i'm wondering why people didn't think shunsui's shikai was hax the same way they though hitsu was hax for using a move we hadn't seen yet after we all thought it was a wind type, and then it turned out to be a game, and "starkkillinette" was "killed". i mean at least hitsu's new attack didn't change fundamentals of what we knew. nothing wrong with that, just making comparison. i mean starrk was like the most popular espada, but was shunsui so hyped that when he delivered it eclipsed starrk? or was starrk downgraded in favor by the fans? oh yeah people were complaining about the fusion being a dbz ripoff.

now to the harribel fight. only thing i could see wrong with this fight is the mirror ice thing and that was only because there was a cliffhanger and it was in weekly chapter format so the next week's chapter we felt "betrayed", but bleach is meant to be read in volume format anyway(this week's chapter is EVEN more proof of that).

not only that but WW's scream broke her out and the fight was continuing until aizen owned her

harribel was about to do her ultimate attack as well but hitsu got her first. not that big of a deal. kubo never showed starrk OR harribel bite the dust like he did Ulquiorra. and wow i just noticed that barrigan bit the dust as well, and he never showed starrk or harribel dissapear at all.

the same applies to grimjow.

you guys need to stop complaining about hitsu. seriously -_-. i hate hitsu fanservice as much as anyone else, but i don't blatantly hate just to hate.
    Last edited by Revolation; August 07, 2010 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Bleach 354-356 spoiler and chapter discussions. Most hilarious ones ever. How hueco mundo and The Lust arc killed "ichihime"
    Spoiler: What happened with Nel and Kenpachi after Ichigo went to Ulqiorra(vol 39 sketches) show

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Eternal_Breath's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

For me its:
    • Most of Ichigo's group, though especially Chad
    • Iba, Nanao, Nemu
    • Kensei, seriously WTF happened to him?
    • Definitely Komamura

I also wouldn't mind seeing more of Hisagi, I've always loved his character design and I'm glad he's been getting better treatment as of late (his fight with Findor onwards), so he probably doesn't really apply as much anymore

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hinamori.

I swear, every time she appears in non-flashback / bonus chapter, she gets mentally abused, physically abused, or goes through mental breakdown.

Of course, despite all she's been through, she hasn't died yet (as far as we know), so maybe she's fortunate...
    Last edited by WickedNeko; August 07, 2010 at 10:48 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Nicholas.Sama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

Fanservice=Hax (IMHO)

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Inoue Orihime, it amazes me how can she endure how her life keeps getting sadder and harder.
    -Terrible parents.
    -Bullied as a kid.
    -Loving brother dies in front of her.
    -Brother comes back to kill her.
    -Brother dies again.
    -Close friend nearly dies thanks to a Hollow.
    -Limited to watch how her friends suffer damage in battles.
    -Feels lonely and useless, so decides to put all into helping others.
    -Friends are in danger, so she sacrifices her own happiness for their safety.
    -Friends go to save her but fail and end up nearly dead.
    -Suffers mental abuse by Ulquiorra.
    -Suffers physical abuse by Aizen's fangirls.
    -It is used as an experiment (To be confirmed).
    -She is forced to watch how Ichigo has his limbs broken one by one.
    -Kidnapped again so she can continue to be abused mentally.
    -Ichigo dies in her arms.
    -She falls in dispair helplessly.
    -Hollow Ichigo takes over and nearly annihilates Ishida.
    -After that she is seen in a flashback depressed and partially in shock while healing Ishida.

I'm surprised that she can even smile after all of this, and maybe this is not the end to all of her problems. Give her a break, she is only a high school girl that was deluding herself with a fake optimism even before the story started.

Next to her Nemu, Harribel, Rukia and Hinamori have/had a sad life.

Battlewise I go for the 1st squad Vice Captain and Komamura, both are actually very competent for their ranks but are unfortunate to fight stronger enemies. They both do their best though: The VC reacted fast enough to counter attack Ichigo when the other 2 couldn't, and Komamura was punched, slashed in the hand, had all of his ribs broken and was cut almost in half and even then that wasn't enough to take him down, needed another slash through his stomach just to fall, and I doubt that the last attack is enough to stop him, he will come back, he only falls for a few minutes before returning into battle.
    Last edited by The Newbie.; August 08, 2010 at 01:56 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member poobert's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Koma, Halibel and Chad.

Koma because of all the reasons above. Kubo has basically just demoted him to a new position right in between captain and VC.

Halibel was just wasted to make Hitsu look good. I like Hitsu, but there is a line which kubo crosses with way to much regularity.

Chad. Can you get any more abused? He always gets to the "boss" much much easier than every other character, then dies quicker than Orihime. Once an important enemy character turns up, you can guarantee that he will get knocked out before any other shitty secondary character that may happen to be there.
    My blog. Not very interesting, but if you are bored and want to burn time, there are pages of junk to read!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bowser's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Hinamori. Keeps getting stabbed by Aizen.

22. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast