Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins this?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Barragan

20 71.43%
  • Tosen

8 28.57%
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Baraggan vs Kaname Tousen

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Evil3ye's Avatar
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Baraggan vs Kaname Tousen

I was wondering if Tosen actually could do something against Barragan's respira ability.

I think his bankai would be pretty much useless, because it doesn't really matter if Barragan can see his opponent or not, since he is able to spray respira in every direction (as can be seen vs Hacchi's first kido), but could Tosen's resurrection be powerful enough to cause any damage on Barragan?

Discuss..
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperium View Post
    You wont believe it, but some guy has just asked me for pussy pics. Jeez, so many creeps nowadays. Being a girl on the internet sucks.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Barragan vs Tosen Kaname

He gets decayed long before he can do anything. Against Barragon the only real way to win is to be damn fast and have an ability that can work though the aging, some way to redirect the respiera, or at least have some possible way to block it (And frankly all possible options for that are completely arguable now that Kido's out the window). Tousen doesn't really cover either option from what's shown. Unless Barragon's a blooming moron and you manage to take him unreleased.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't remember Tosen ever being shown slow though, much less in the full-body mask form and the insect resurrection afterwards.

And I actually can imagine that those sound-shockwaves whatever could possibly redirect/counter a respira attack. This is merely my opinion, but I don't think sound can age..(?)
    Either way even if he could redirect it, he'd need some offence feats which could do something to Barragan, but apart from that sound thingy I cannot think of anything
    You wont believe it, but some guy has just asked me for pussy pics. Jeez, so many creeps nowadays. Being a girl on the internet sucks.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conn-man's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

nice match up, im a little bit of a fan of tousen but thats not affecting my opinion. yes, respira can age almost anything but in this case i think grilla grillos main attack, the nine aspects is going to win this imeditly for tousen. imo this attack has no physical form that can be aged, it seems pressure based and that it might even be able to blow respira right out of the way. not to mention it should be enough to near kill barragan based on the total destruction of komamuras bankai.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

He's not slow in his mask form, but he can't do crap in that state. The bug thing got blindsided by blooming Hisagi and has no real feats of speed however. While I would possibly agree that that attack of his might redirect it, the problem is it appears to have a charge time (When those ripples in the hands start). Respira is too damn fast for that.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

How about Tosen just shunpo/sonidos away while 'charging'?
    And... what happend to Tosen in the fight vs Komamura/Hisagi is an emotional thing, I think it's nothing wrong with just leaving out that part I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be that carelessly caugh in speeches when fighting Barragan or any other Espada (as against Gj).

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Can that thing shunpo? Or is it sonido? Or does it just fly around? The hell does it do?

Having only had that thing for a chapter before it was killed off, the parameters for it aren't exactly clear.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

tousen is quick look how much distance he closed when shinji attacked aizen.tousen is damn fast but not sure if he has any anti-respira moves under his belt.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Tousen's quick yes. Especially his vizard form. The fly thing though? No idea, though it clearly didn't look like it.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it'd make sense tousen's resurreccion was in any way slower than his masked form. That would be strange IMO. I think los nueve aspectos would work here though. IMO the attack could repel respira to a great extent and even reach barragan.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh well. If Tosen is able to use sonido in masked form why then wouldn't he be able to use it in resurrected form? The fact that he didn't use it doesn't necessarily prove he can't. I actually believe non of the Espada ever used sonido in resurrection, but saying they can't would be just wrong

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

i think in his release form he knew his oppenants and knew he didnt need to speed rape them..he just went to koma crushed him ..then forgot about hisagi..i loved the tousen fight was brill n good ending.

Tousen is fast but the question suppose is his sound waves able to push respira quick enugh to affect barragan..and barragan also fast..i see it as a draw

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

^sry bro, no draw option This be a dead or alive battle >.>

Anyways, Omaeda's comment on Sui Feng's being too slow for respira meaning non of the soul society being fast enough to escape from it.. does that include Tosen, Gin and Aizen as well I wonder..
    Last edited by Evil3ye; August 08, 2010 at 04:05 PM.

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

damn no draw

really cant call it took close.

i posted a thread while ago n people thort i was crazy thinking that barragan can kill Aizen (no ks rule)...i stand by that barragan could kill Aizen easily.

on topic.

yeah barragan is fast for a skull n cape...soi fon was screwed against him really hachi at the time is only able to beat him apart from Yamma shikai. that how hax barragan is...barragan wins at moment to me

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Alderney
    Post Thanks / Like

It doesn't matter for Barragan that his opponent is fast. If you can't reach him, you can't kill him. He can just keep a shroud of 'death' around him like when he rots buildings, so Tousen can't approach. It also doesn't matter that he can blow back the cloud. Hacchi-gen deduced it correctly: Barragan's outside is protected so there is not a lot Tousen can do by blowing it back.

New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast