Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nagato wins

81 66.39%
  • Itachi wins

34 27.87%
  • Tie

5 4.10%
  • Something else entirely

2 1.64%
New Reply
Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Healthy Nagato vs 'Healthy' Itachi

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Healthy Nagato vs 'Healthy' Itachi

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    As long as Nagato uses summons, he has no reason to look Itachi in the eyes at all, he can even keep fighting with his eyes closed for the whole battle. We already saw an example of that through Kabuto. Itachi is fast but Naruto kept up with him and a handicapped Nagato captured Naruto, so stop being unreasonable. There is no character in this show that is too fast to touch with the "possible" exception of Minato. Susanoo is useless before Preta path.

He left him half dead with two ST. And Crushed the Gigantic frogs with only one ST. It may not kill Itachi but it will defeat him.

He can't destroy the sphere alone.
    Itachi can blind the summons like he did before, and use blind spots to his advantage as Itachi can still accurately get his target with kunai. Itachi had no way of disabling Kabuto's ability to sense, but he has a way of disabling summons' sight like he did before.

So what? If I recall, Naruto didn't really engage in taijutsu fight, but he jumped at Nagato. Much different from what happened between him and Itachi, so you can't use that to show Nagato's better. You can use that, however, to show that if Itachi is caught, then he's doomed.

There is - Itachi and Sasuke can be too fast to tough. Same with Rock Lee. He was too fast for Sasuke to touch back in Part I, or even react to. Raikage could be considered too fast to touch, as I only recall Sasuke touching him when Raikage went close in for an elbow. Susano'o isn't useless considering Nagato would have to touch it to absorb the chakra. Unless Itachi holds Nagato with Susano'o, he wont' be able to absorb it. if by any chance the Sword of Totsuka does pierce Nagato, he is defeated.

He did not look half dead, and if you see the surrounding, you can see Kakashi was buried in rubble. Basically, the damage comes from the impact of whatever the victim hits. So if Nagato doesn't Shinra Tensei Itachi into a rock or a building, Itachi won't receive as much damage. The frogs could have been crushed by the impact of Shinra Tensei. Look at how they hit the ground or "wall" after being pushed. Once again, it depends on what they hit after being pushed. Though, unlike Naruto, Itachi can't resist Shinra Tensei or Bansho Tenin, and even if he tried, it'd be like Kakashi. Still fails.

It was never stated he couldn't do it alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    Let's start with basics. Nagato > Pain. That's obvious. Naruto himself concluded that having earlier fought the Six Paths of Pain and Edo Nagato later on. Nagato himself was on a wholly different level.
    Regardless, I'm an Itachi fan myself, but I can't see him winning. I don't think Itachi will be stomped, he's far too good to go down that easily, but Totsuka Sword aside, his chances are difficult to get to Nagato.
    Not to mention Nagato has perhaps two to three times chakra Itachi has, so, he can drag the fight on if he can't find an opening.
    In terms of power, obviously. Seven paths in one body that can use multiple abilities at the same time, with possibly no cooldown or drawbacks.

I'm not sure how difficult his chances are. Itachi has genjutsu, Sharingan, and speed. Not to mention, he has Nagato's biggest weakness - bunshins. Nagato has shown to fall for bunshins time and time again, whether Jiraiya, Kakashi, or Naruto. Hell, Tsukuyomi could get the job done as well. And if Nagato fails to react, then Amaterasu would likely deal good damage to him.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Itachi can blind the summons like he did before, and use blind spots to his advantage as Itachi can still accurately get his target with kunai. Itachi had no way of disabling Kabuto's ability to sense, but he has a way of disabling summons' sight like he did before.

So what? If I recall, Naruto didn't really engage in taijutsu fight, but he jumped at Nagato. Much different from what happened between him and Itachi, so you can't use that to show Nagato's better. You can use that, however, to show that if Itachi is caught, then he's doomed.

There is - Itachi and Sasuke can be too fast to tough. Same with Rock Lee. He was too fast for Sasuke to touch back in Part I, or even react to. Raikage could be considered too fast to touch, as I only recall Sasuke touching him when Raikage went close in for an elbow. Susano'o isn't useless considering Nagato would have to touch it to absorb the chakra. Unless Itachi holds Nagato with Susano'o, he wont' be able to absorb it. if by any chance the Sword of Totsuka does pierce Nagato, he is defeated.

He did not look half dead, and if you see the surrounding, you can see Kakashi was buried in rubble. Basically, the damage comes from the impact of whatever the victim hits. So if Nagato doesn't Shinra Tensei Itachi into a rock or a building, Itachi won't receive as much damage. The frogs could have been crushed by the impact of Shinra Tensei. Look at how they hit the ground or "wall" after being pushed. Once again, it depends on what they hit after being pushed. Though, unlike Naruto, Itachi can't resist Shinra Tensei or Bansho Tenin, and even if he tried, it'd be like Kakashi. Still fails.

It was never stated he couldn't do it alone.
    He blinded those summons because they were still and focused on Naruto and Kabuto himself stated he forgot about Itachi. As long as that ugly looking bird is flying above the battlefield it's more than enough. And even if he kills that, he has an insane amount of summons, so it's fine.

It wasn't really that different. He engaged Itachi in a Taijutsu fight, while Nagato simply didn't allow him. It's not that Nagato is better or faster, it's that if he can react to Naruto, Bee and Sage mode Jiraya, he should do the same to Itachi. Also, you should know what a combination of Bansho Tennin and Human path does.

There isn't. Sasuke got more than touched, he got slapped all over the place by all his opponents. Lee was just overall stronger than Sasuke. The Raikage is insanely fast, but with the right measures, can be taken down. Nagato can just launch himself at Susanoo. Or he can just send it across the world with Itachi through ST and that would be a finisher.

Well, it does look like the damage can be done by the surrounding, but not all Toads hit a wall like that, nor did all those Jounins on the ground were buried by rubble. Nevertheless, that's a solid point, but even then it's still a deadly move regardless of where the damage come from.

Well, he did ask for help. And for a guy who does everything on his own, this pretty weird.

Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    He blinded those summons because they were still and focused on Naruto and Kabuto himself stated he forgot about Itachi. As long as that ugly looking bird is flying above the battlefield it's more than enough. And even if he kills that, he has an insane amount of summons, so it's fine.
    but he still managed to blind them by getting in their blind spot. Or if you want, Itachi could just summon Susano'o and take out those summons. They can't absorb chakra or do anything, especially the multiplying dogs, so they're sealed.

Quote Quote:
    It wasn't really that different. He engaged Itachi in a Taijutsu fight, while Nagato simply didn't allow him. It's not that Nagato is better or faster, it's that if he can react to Naruto, Bee and Sage mode Jiraya, he should do the same to Itachi. Also, you should know what a combination of Bansho Tennin and Human path does.
    Er, anyone can react to someone jumping, which is precisely what Naruto did. He didn't go for hand-to-hand combat, Naruto just jumped and got caught by Nagato. If anything, he should be able to react to that. Hell, even Kabuto controlling Nagato should have been able to react to that. Once again, you can't use Naruto vs. ET Itachi and Naruto vs. ET Nagato to compare, as Naruto acted differently.

You should also know that the combination is useless if he doesn't get the real Itachi.

Quote Quote:
    There isn't. Sasuke got more than touched, he got slapped all over the place by all his opponents. Lee was just overall stronger than Sasuke. The Raikage is insanely fast, but with the right measures, can be taken down. Nagato can just launch himself at Susanoo. Or he can just send it across the world with Itachi through ST and that would be a finisher.
    My point is that he was unable to take down either shinobi, and Raikage only because Raikage used a move that allowed Sasuke to touch him. Itachi can be untouchable if he plays his cards right.

Why would Nagato launch himself at Susano'o? That'd just allow Itachi to stab him with the Sword or use the Magatama (?) necklace.

Susano'o would protect ITachi from Shinra Tensei. Though, it'd probably be a loss due to Itachi bein off the battlefield kilometers away. Shinra Tensei without a hard landing won't keep Itachi down long enough.

Quote Quote:
    Well, it does look like the damage can be done by the surrounding, but not all Toads hit a wall like that, nor did all those Jounins on the ground were buried by rubble. Nevertheless, that's a solid point, but even then it's still a deadly move regardless of where the damage come from.
    But the toads did hit and slid across the ground. And those jounins did hit something, probably pretty hard. It's deadly based on what happens, not necessarily because of hte move itself.

Quote Quote:
    Well, he did ask for help. And for a guy who does everything on his own, this pretty weird.
    why would he not utilize their power and risk it failing? Especially when a chapter later he lectures Naruto on doin everything on his own?

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Nagato uses the Shinra Tensei that obliterated Konoha, gg.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post
    To be fair. that wasn't even close to "healthy" Nagato.
    Result of the healthy Nagato doing that: Overkill.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Itachi gets pushed far away. Uses Susano'o to protect himself from impact.

GG.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    To be fair. that wasn't even close to "healthy" Nagato.
    Result of the healthy Nagato doing that: Overkill.
    Wut?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Prince Sasuke's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking while Nagato is floating on the air, he catches a Tusuka blade to the chest.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood
    You do know he'd be dead ten times over before he could use that jutsu, right? The amount of prep it took to use it... he had to fly into the air, power it up, and then launch it. And after that he couldn't use Shinra Tensei throughout the entirety of his fight against Naruto, till almost all his other bodies were dead. While he's sitting their prepping, what's stopping Itachi from just setting him aflame with Amaterasu? What's stopping his Karasu Bunshin from flying up high along with him and then launching an Amaterasu directly in his face (never been confirmed that Itachi's own clones can't use his MS jutsu. Just that that one that was created with a sacrifice). At the very least they can cast Genjutsu, meaning the jutsu can be stopped mid flight. You know. Assuming Itachi doesn't just seal him with the Totsuka while he's up there.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member marshall313's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    You do know he'd be dead ten times over before he could use that jutsu, right? The amount of prep it took to use it... he had to fly into the air, power it up, and then launch it. And after that he couldn't use Shinra Tensei throughout the entirety of his fight against Naruto, till almost all his other bodies were dead. While he's sitting their prepping, what's stopping Itachi from just setting him aflame with Amaterasu? What's stopping his Karasu Bunshin from flying up high along with him and then launching an Amaterasu directly in his face (never been confirmed that Itachi's own clones can't use his MS jutsu. Just that that one that was created with a sacrifice). At the very least they can cast Genjutsu, meaning the jutsu can be stopped mid flight. You know. Assuming Itachi doesn't just seal him with the Totsuka while he's up there.
    I doubt that. In this fight, his chakra is in full, meaning he could launch that off the bat. Honestly, what nagato would do is jump and use ST directly to itachi's face just like he did to the boss summons. He doesn't need to fly just to kick itachi's face with his ST.
    When i claimed that minato knows Kage Bunshin, They said that I'm wrong.
    When i claimed that minato is a sage mode user, they said that I'm delusional.
    When i claimed that minato can extend his chakra arms and can activate BM, they said that I'm ridiculous.
    Seriously, Who's "wrong", "delusional" and "ridiculous" now?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

There is NO way in HELL Super ST can get trough Itachi's shield and his Susano... No way in bloody hell... If Nagato ends up shooting that his ST goes on cooldown and he is DEAD... If he does the Super ST is like comiting suicide.

Itachi would need to screw up BAD to not put up his Susano (that goes up faster then a lighting bolt can hit the ground) before he get's hit with Super ST...
    Last edited by xXan; February 20, 2013 at 03:05 AM.

Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you misunderstand how Shinra Tensei works. Even with Susano'o, Itachi will be pushed back by the force of it.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

@M3J

And i think you do not understand how said shield works... That shield changes properties to react to any attack trown at him and makes said attack inefective... If anything ST would bounce off that mirror and hit Nagato in his face just like it happened with 6 tails and normal ST...Then asuming he get's trown back it becomes irrelevant as that would NOT damage Itachi that is chilling inside Susano...

Susano (with no mirror) could take a WAY more powerfull attack (kirin) and be just fine... Oh and yes it was more powefull as a lighting bolt would be concentrated on 1 point right on top of Susano compared to a ST that had its force spread out in a 360 degrees angle... I am sure as hell that little worm would not protect shit from a Kirin like it did to that Super ST...

Itachi does not even need his mirror to survive this...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The reason that nagato is able to use the rinnegan is for his uzumaki/senju blood but still those aren't his eyes and he doesn't have the uchiha blood and that especial chakra that uchihas got with them so i doubt nagato can use EMS techniques, kakashi doesn't have the uchihas blood and he can't turn it off and drained hos chakra...
    living in the darkness and now with a new light, i will raise to a new beginning...

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Sasuke View Post
    I'm thinking while Nagato is floating on the air, he catches a Tusuka blade to the chest.
    Because Itachi can fly so well

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    Not only that was a body that needed chakra transmitting from long distance ( Deva had to come close to Nagato to use Chibaku Tensei, just to make an example ) but the prep time was him looking at Konoha, preaching about him being a god and then blast it to pieces.
    And crow bushins are easily dispelled by Asura Realm abilities, or a lesser Shinra Tensei.

Hell just use the... Sparrow, or whatever it was to fly and to use as a shield from Amaterasu and blast him. He can sense the attack and has 1 canonical way ( Shinra Tensei ) and 1 non-canonical way ( Preta Path ) to deal with it.

---------- Post added at 04:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    @M3J Susano (with no mirror) could take a WAY more powerfull attack (kirin) and be just fine...
    Kirin barely destroyed the roof of a temple, Deva's Shinra Tensei destroyed a village.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

@Uchiha_Blood

Emm no.. The entire MOUNTAIN:
    http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/391/9

it was a spiral like mountain that Kirin totaly anihilated.

The temple thing was on top of it:
    http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/383/14

This right here is the moutain:
    http://nt.languor.org/sasuhina/t/img/739.jpg

In the end i hope you know the diferene between a focused attack and an attack that is spread out right? ST is not going to focus all its power on 1 point like Kirin... Its going to have its energy spread out in a 360 degrees pattern... Even if the ST can generate more force having its force disapated in a 360 degrees angle is going to end up generating way less force on Susano then Kirin as Kirin is going to have all its force focused on Susano.
    Last edited by xXan; February 20, 2013 at 05:40 AM.

New Reply
Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast