Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nagato wins

81 66.39%
  • Itachi wins

34 27.87%
  • Tie

5 4.10%
  • Something else entirely

2 1.64%
New Reply
Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Healthy Nagato vs 'Healthy' Itachi

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto 673 Spoiler Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    That's questionable. Nagato's health would probably never be an issue for Itachi because his Shunshin is too fast. Along with thinking a few steps ahead, it probably wouldn't ever come to CT. Even if it were, Im sure he would be prepared for it already in step +5. In my pov. But yeah, it was a team fight, of course.
    Shunshin to fast? ST in the face... Also I think you are forgetting how fast Nagato shunshined back in the day, in that fight with Danzo. Yeah Itachi is fast, but nothing to fast for Nagato.

Itachi would never win in a 1vs1 based on that fight. That hole prep... Itachi is not Batman.

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    Shunshin to fast? ST in the face... Also I think you are forgetting how fast Nagato shunshined back in the day, in that fight with Danzo. Yeah Itachi is fast, but nothing to fast for Nagato.

Itachi would never win in a 1vs1 based on that fight. That hole prep... Itachi is not Batman.
    I don't know how to respond to this. Firstly, Nagato can never be faster than Itachi. People used to compare his speed to Minato's. So you're clearly wrong on that. Secondly, ST has a 5 second delay after an execution, so even if it does work somehow, 5 seconds is more than enough. And thirdly, I don't know how Batman comes into play here.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto2011's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know how to respond to this. Firstly, Nagato can never be faster than Itachi. People used to compare his speed to Minato's. So you're clearly wrong on that. Secondly, ST has a 5 second delay after an execution, so even if it does work somehow, 5 seconds is more than enough. And thirdly, I don't know how Batman comes into play here.
    He mentioned Batman because he can win any fight if given prep time, as many like to say... Which I always thought was dumb and ridiculous but that's off subject

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto2011 View Post
    He mentioned Batman because he can win any fight if given prep time, as many like to say... Which I always thought was dumb and ridiculous but that's off subject
    Hmm, thanks for clarifying. All the more reason they can't be compared since Itachi thinks a few steps ahead. He doesn't need prep time.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruto2011's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jiraiyanindo View Post
    Off topic:

That's what makes batman awesome. The bat belt is the key to winning any fight not so much prep time...just the belt. I could elaborate but won't since its off topic.

On topic:

Itachi is definitely faster than nagato. If nagato had the same mobility, then nagato would be stronger by virtue of the rinnegan and it's jutsu.

Also, a lot of people diss nagato but he was pretty badass considering he was only an uzumaki with the rinnegan. The rinnegan belongs to an Uchiha, as we now know. Imagine if nagato had been uchiha? Rinnegan techs while spamming susanoo and shit. Then he would've been as strong as madara edo tensei basically.
    Off topic:

Batman is awesome, honestly he is one of my fav super heroes, but I at times get turned off from him because of the outrageous stiff his fanbase says. Heck I bet someone would say he has Hashirama cells in his utility belt, along with some of the Rikudous treasures

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jiraiyanindo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto2011 View Post
    Off topic:

Batman is awesome, honestly he is one of my fav super heroes, but I at times get turned off from him because of the outrageous stiff his fanbase says. Heck I bet someone would say he has Hashirama cells in his utility belt, along with some of the Rikudous treasures
    Hahahaha. Good point. I mean, we know he has kryptonite in his belt so he might have a little bit of everything else as well. And that's what makes him awesome. Obviously, there is some prep time with all that but it's the hidden variable in all his fights. You really never know what he might have in there. Plus, he has no superpowers....definitely my favorite superhero

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Invader's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Itachi's strength was being able to instantly 'read' people and design his fight around his insights into the person. So - yeah - it is very similar to giving Batman "prep time" before a fight. Kabuto talked about that pretty explicitly.

But let's be honest. Itachi was protected by some pretty thick plot armor. He was never 'supposed' to lose, and so he didn't. Talking about a hypothetical matchup between Itachi & Nagato is going to be based on too many hypotheticals. "IF it was this situation..." "IF Itachi did..." "IF Nagato was..." Anyone can construct the situation to favor whatever candidate they prefer when it is being framed like that. I'd say Itachi/Nagato could defeat Nagato/Itachi entirely depending on the circumstances. Anything beyond that very generic statement is purely hypothetical.
    Hidan... Naruto's ONLY real villain!

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Healthy Nagato vs 'Healthy' Itachi

I should be biased towards Itachi, but I can't agree with using ET Nagato vs. ET Itachi. Itachi had it easy, while in an actual fight with Nagato, it'd be so much harder. Nagato would focus on him, and he wouldn't be controlled by someone who used Nagato's mobility as an excuse for his incompetence.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 1337 haxor's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Well...

To keep it short, considering a battle between a fully powered Nagato and a fully powered Itachi, either side could win but Nagato has more chances than Itachi.

The full analysis:

Spoiler show
    Captain Mashima and Admiral Kishimoto give your ships one big fat F*** YOU ALL!

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I never claimed he is FASTER... I claimed he is in Itachi's league of "fast". Now I can't be wrong in something I never claimed. No idea how you got that from "Yeah Itachi is fast, but nothing to fast for Nagato."... Like yes, he is fast but not fast enough for Nagato to not be able to counter him...

Also those 5 secs are more then enough. I think you are forgetting how he manhandled Bee AND Naruto at the same time... Naruto in CM at that...

Also Batman is about the X steps/prep stuff ahead of his target. I used that to point that Batman has the bias in that area and I seriously don't feel like "elevating" Itachi to the same status.
    Last edited by xXan; April 16, 2014 at 03:32 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member marshall313's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Being a healthy didn't mean a thing for itachi. His chakra would still be the same, the effect of his MS would also be the same and it'll not grant him any power to withstand any of nagato's abilities.

Nagato would rape itachi instantly.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    I never claimed he is FASTER... I claimed he is in Itachi's league of "fast". Now I can't be wrong in something I never claimed. No idea how you got that from "Yeah Itachi is fast, but nothing to fast for Nagato."... Like yes, he is fast but not fast enough for Nagato to not be able to counter him...

Also those 5 secs are more then enough. I think you are forgetting how he manhandled Bee AND Naruto at the same time... Naruto in CM at that...

Also Batman is about the X steps/prep stuff ahead of his target. I used that to point that Batman has the bias in that area and I seriously don't feel like "elevating" Itachi to the same status.
    The problem is that Nagato isn't in Itachi's league when it comes to speed.

Yeah, but you're forgetting how he tried to CT their ass immediately after Itachi appeared. Meaning he wanted to get rid of him as soon as possible. And then a couple of pages later, Itachi neutralized him.

Actually, Itachi is certainly better in that department, as far as I'm concerned.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

The problem is that Nagato isn't in Itachi's league when it comes to speed.

Yeah, but you're forgetting how he tried to CT their ass immediately after Itachi appeared. Meaning he wanted to get rid of him as soon as possible. And then a couple of pages later, Itachi neutralized him.

Actually, Itachi is certainly better in that department, as far as I'm concerned.
    Of course he IS in his league. Anybody that can keep up with Naruto in CM who is on Raikage's level and BEE at the SAME TIME IS in Itachi's league. Keep in mind that in this fight its healthy Nagato, not even the one that could Keep up with Naruto and Bee... The one vs Nagato and Bee had his mobility shoot to hell and had to use his share vision to keep up with them, stated so by Kabuto. So he is way faster then the one that could keep up with those 2 with share vision. Here he has his full speed AND share vision, this time Itachi is not going to have 2 of the most powerful characters in the manga(at that time..) to buy him time to blind stuff left and right.

There is no God damn way Nagato using his tools is not on Itachi's level.

He wanted to get rid of the TEAM. I keep telling you this. Nagato was facing 3 insane powerful targets. Also Itachi neutralized him because his mobility was shoot, here he has FULL mobility AND shared vision. Not even going into how that was plot induced stupidity... A Rinnegan should have no problem seeing trough dust. But meh... Same with Naruto's clones that were made into rocks, or the dust Naruto made in his fight with Pein back in Konoha.

Itachi is not better then Batman with clear, hard evidence. Let me know when Itachi can take hostage an entire planet and black mail Darkseid by threatening him to blow up his own planet... Itachi never showed deductive skill or planning on Batman's level, not even close. Then again Itachi does not have decades of exposure and having to fight besides people like Superman... He needs that insane brain power (and a ton of PIS) to stay relevant to the plot. Itachi was a power house in his own universe. Also Itachi failed in many things.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't Nagato show how fast he was when he went after Naruto or Bee after a shinra tensei in his chameleon? I mean, Kabuto blaming Nagato is nonsense because Nagato was able to run on his own legs and support the weight of two adults, as well as absorbing the shock of catching a falling adult. Using Edo Tensei is very fallible given what we know about them: controlled by someone, can't attack other Edo Tensei, and when controlled, their controller is the one who determines what they can use.

I still think Itachi would have a good chance, but I just can't see the logic in using ET.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Didn't Nagato show how fast he was when he went after Naruto or Bee after a shinra tensei in his chameleon? I mean, Kabuto blaming Nagato is nonsense because Nagato was able to run on his own legs and support the weight of two adults, as well as absorbing the shock of catching a falling adult. Using Edo Tensei is very fallible given what we know about them: controlled by someone, can't attack other Edo Tensei, and when controlled, their controller is the one who determines what they can use.

I still think Itachi would have a good chance, but I just can't see the logic in using ET.

Nothing you said there implies that Kabuto was stating lies. The fact that Nagato has bones in his legs is obvious (able to take the weight of two adults and absorbing shocks). Yes Nagato could move on his own after he "ate" Bee but that does not mean his mobility was not decreased by a good degree.

There is logic in using ET feats as ET's capabilities does not change from how they were in life(well more or less, as we know they are somewhat more powerful when living but considering Itachi AND Nagato were both ET this is meaningless). Yes someone else is calling the shoots but they can't run any faster then they could in real life.

Also all I am saying is that the fight between Nagato and Naruto/Bee/Itachi shows is that Itachi would need help in dealing with Nagato and he can't win this by himself. Also there is no way Nagato is not in Itachi's league of speed to keep up with him.

New Reply
Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast