Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kimi no Iru Machi by SEO Kouji

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Kimi no Iru Machi by SEO Kouji

Kimi no iru machi by SEO Kouji
    Genre: Shounen, Romance, School life, Slice of life
    Serialized: Weekly Shounen Magazine
    Summary and Preview:
    Eba Yuzuki, a girl from Tokyo moves to a countryside to attend high school. She lives together with a guy named Kirishima Haruto whose father is an apprentice of Eba's father. Haruto never agrees to let Yuzuki stay at his house and always rejects her. Another girl, Kanzaki Nanami, comes whom Haruto might be in love with. So... what will happen in this story?
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TemplateR's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [FEATURED]Kimi no Iru Machi by SEO Kouji

Perhaps, I will read it. After Good Ending, an another "romance-manga" is on my reading-list

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Elyon A. Luna's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

As a current KNIM reader, I would advise against it. There are sure better romantic mangas than this one

But is up to you

Vintage Reboot 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity vintagemistakes's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Just got done reading volume three and I must say that I rather like this story. It's definitely one of your more typical Shounen slice of life romance stories, but a good one nonetheless. I thought there was pretty good pacing, good characters, and great character development - more on this last part in the spoiler tags. However, like all stories like this, I can definitely see it reaching a repetitive point down the road. In the meantime, I'm definitely going to continue reading it.

Spoiler: Volume 3 show
    Last edited by vintagemistakes; February 09, 2011 at 06:18 PM.

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vintagemistakes View Post
    However, like all stories like this, I can definitely see it reaching a repetitive point down the road. In the meantime, I'm definitely going to continue reading it.
    Yeah this is probably a negative opinion I'd have to give. It can be sometimes repetitive and you feel like you are ending up in a spiral. But the story is 12 volumes far and it is still good enough for me to read.

It had some great progression in different arcs in between the repetitiveness. It is still hooking me up.

Spoiler show

Quote Originally Posted by TemplateR View Post
    Perhaps, I will read it. After Good Ending, an another "romance-manga" is on my reading-list
    I read Good Ending too. I like that one too. I'd give it a chance if I were you. The romance theme might be common in both manga but the story is told totally different. I don't know a lot about romance manga but I turned the pages quite fast when I read Knim
    Last edited by Koen; February 09, 2011 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheMoa's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, i really enjoy reading Knim too. It get repetitive, but the author make some changes introducing new characters and bringing back the old ones later. Something really unexpected(at least to me) happens.

just think that his love relationships kind of develop too slowly

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member luffyg2's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

True that at one point it was really getting repetitive but I think that with the latest developpement things are getting more intersting... this manga is a roller coaster.. sometime its good sometime its bad...curently its good

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoa View Post
    Yeah, i really enjoy reading Knim too. It get repetitive, but the author make some changes introducing new characters and bringing back the old ones later. Something really unexpected(at least to me) happens.

just think that his love relationships kind of develop too slowly
    Well like member above said... It feels like a rollercoaster and we are currently in a good part. It is obvious that the relationship between Asuka and Haruto has been worked out. It is obvious that the mangaka is going to throw in the hardships (eba, eba's sister, shiori,...) which Asuka and Haruto have to deal with. Well Haruto especially
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Vintage Reboot 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity vintagemistakes's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Just caught up last night and a new chapter was released today.

To be perfectly honest, I'm not really that thrilled with Eba ( or her sister) being thrown back into the story. I sort got used to the story not being about her and really liked seeing Haruto and Asuka's relationship develop. I realize that there has to be some trials and tribulations thrown in to make it entertaining and at some point Eba has to be a focal point again, but filler stuff like Shiori and the love motel stuff were plenty good for me. I wish there was a little more of this sort of stuff before this started to happen. But I did read in bulk so I can completely understand if others don't share this viewpoint. Having to wait for new chapters is certainly going to stretch out the series and make the up and downs much more drastic.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member luffyg2's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This week chapter was really frustrating...Haruto really is not a good main character... he is really begining to get on my nerve... getting trap that easily by Rin.. anybody who's normal would have seen the trap miles away... anyway.. lets see how this goes

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member steelwingcrash1's Avatar
    A place where KHR is number one - in my heart and mind!
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Recently, the chapters cut the thrill for me. I do not like the present girl of Haruto, instead I like Eba more even though she's being a ***** right now.

The first 90 chapters of the manga were the sweetest of all! But the current chapters seem to drop the intensity off.

Quote Originally Posted by luffyg2 View Post
    True that at one point it was really getting repetitive but I think that with the latest developpement things are getting more intersting... this manga is a roller coaster.. sometime its good sometime its bad...curently its good
    True. As of the present, I'm losing focus on it.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kimi no Iru Machi by SEO Kouji

i am kind of confused, i read the first few chapters of the manga, and then i watched the first few episoded .....

it seems that the anime is either picking up at some point in the manga , or its doing a big ass flashback or something

can someone shed some light on this?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner v1nx's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

OVAs jus cover some parts of the manga. It' more like a bonus.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by v1nx View Post
    OVAs jus cover some parts of the manga. It' more like a bonus.
    yea well my problem was that i read the "synopsis" on some anime site and the synopsis described the beginning of the series

and when i read the first few chapters of the anime, i was expecting these two episodes to be the "beginning" of the story, when it was a complete sequel type story with flashbacks

in other words i ruined the fact that he winds up with ebi (which was kind of obvious anyway) for myself

so the moral of the story is, do your homework before watching any anime, if you are actually interested in the manga's story,

if i had any idea it was only a two part OVA, i would have read the manga first, and then watched it

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Spectrum's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I started reading this manga last week, i couldn't stop reading it.

It really pissed me sometimes, especially Haruto... how much sissy he can be?

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast