Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: if you had a choice between traveling through time or traveling through space which would. ...

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

if you had a choice between traveling through time or traveling through space which would. ...

you choose? The time can go into the future or the past and its a one way trip

the space trip is to another planet expected to have life and will take the remainder of your life to complete

MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Naomidee's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: if you had a choice between traveling through time or traveling through space which would. ...

Just one planet? I'd start Star Trekkin' up in this bitch! If I could find a black hole to ride, I could go a little bit in the future if I wanted.

I think I would choose space.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheMoa's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: if you had a choice between traveling through time or traveling through space which would. ...

I think I would go to the past to develop science and technology in a really fast speed... that would give me the political and monetary power to develop my own utopia /evilaugh

Chibi Onihime 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Iceiphoenix's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    you choose? The time can go into the future or the past and its a one way trip

the space trip is to another planet expected to have life and will take the remainder of your life to complete

Well then, I think I'll definitely choose time traveling. I suppose I'll travel to the distant future where space travel is a walk in the park. I'll be killing two birds with one stone.

5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the future defintely sounds enticing

yet for all you know you could plop down into the middle of a world war or a famine

space is also a huge gamble

only the past is a sure bet

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Wowzers's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

The past isn't quite as much of a 'sure thing' as you might think. Just imagine health care. the 20th century was the first century you could go to a doctor and expect to live longer than if you didn't go to the doctor.

All the options are hazardous. You could go to the future and find out it is a nuclear wasteland. You could go to another planet, only to be instantly devoured by the local bacteria.... or vice versa, with your bacteria exterminating all the local life.

The past sounds like the safest option... you could get rich off of future knowledge... if you live long enough.

MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Naomidee's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoa View Post
    I think I would go to the past to develop science and technology in a really fast speed... that would give me the political and monetary power to develop my own utopia /evilaugh
    If you're going to travel into the past for technological reasons, warn people against the aftermath of burning coals, fossil fuels, and nuclear fission/fusion. If you're going to give them the advantages of chemical energy, at least make sure they know the consequences this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceiphoenix View Post

Well then, I think I'll definitely choose time traveling. I suppose I'll travel to the distant future where space travel is a walk in the park. I'll be killing two birds with one stone.
    Well mine comes with the same benefits. I could go to space and travel into the future as well. How far into the future would you go? And where in the future? If it's Earth, then our star could have already exploded.

Reviewer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member otomo20's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Time, I could change how things go for me and relive a moment I enjoy over and over again ( Orgasms) as well as see what is going to happen in my future, time travel is a wonderful thing.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Crown Clown's Avatar
    Country
    Dragonstone
    Post Thanks / Like

Space travel.

If it were time travel, future would be unpredictable. Could end up in a wasteland. Don't want that

If I went to the past I would likely be unable to ascertain all by myself how to exploit my knowledge to place myself at an advantage in the past. One wrong move and my 'present' would change to something drastically different than what I would want anyways. :/

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If you travel in time then you can travel in space.

Relativity ftw.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

13. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the internet has jaded me on both, there is virtually no reason for me to believe any of them would do anything but suck. Go back in the past and suddenly "hygiene" is a concept foreign to just about anyone and there are deadly bacteria everywhere that you are not used to. Go to the future and anything you know is obsolete, backwards and redundant. At least if you go to the past you get to take advantage of your knowledge of the future and technology and hygiene (unless you are into the humanities in which case.... well, you'd be lucky to know there's bacteria everywhere that can and will kill you) Space travel is likely to suck. You are bound to be in a small space with a lot of people for a long time. Even if the technological limitations that make space travel awful are solved you are bound to have a life committed to the ship and whatnot (so much for freedom). And then you get to a new world where there is nothing but bacteria and viruses which your body is not used to which is basically the same as going to the past on top of being basically the same as the plot of an awful tom cruise movie. Of course, if you got there you are probably smarter than the aliens in that movie and you know you can never come in direct contact with the planet because it will kill you. On the other hand it is possible you will have super medicine at that point so maybe it won't be too bad.... I mean, humanity would have gotten to a point where it solved every actual issue concerning space travel which as far as I can tell involves technology which at this point seems a bit like magic (see what happens if you hit a pebble the size of a golf ball at near the speed of light) for us so medicine at that point probably has good odds of making it against an actual planet.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

As kick said, my concern with traveling to the past is lack of hygiene and depending on the time, no driving. It's odd because I love reading about the past and am so interested in it, but I likely can't live in it.

I'd travel to the future though. I want to see what kind of technology exists in the future, whether we have 3D TV that offers authentic smell of whatever we're watching, whether it's diarrhea or pizza. Cars that could fly, buildings that has anti-terrorist protection, etc.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

You can always drive in the past.... cars have been around for some time although if you go back enough they are probably a rich man's thing. Go back enough and you can own a mule if you make it to upper middle class. If you go to the future then google probably already skyneted us and we are all in self driving cars which decide where you go (not the other way around). Seeing the new technology is definitely an upside but not one that would make up for you existing completely out of your context and presumably your every thought, ideas and knowledge being outdated. Today's liberals are probably tomorrow's fundamentalist nutjobs....

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

No cars in medieval ages, and I don't wanna ride on stuff. Got a mad need for speed, ya dig? More importantly, sanitation.

Doesn't matter though, one thing I love is discovering new stuff and learning new stuff. The future would be great because of all the new technology and stuff. I can always learn how to get up to date.

You're so paranoid.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Utsune's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel dumb for having the same intention as earthforge when I decide to comment here Physicists and their sense of humour, sigh.

Answering this 'normally' though, time-travelling I'd choose. But to be honest the past wouldn't be so fun if there were killer diseases everywhere without the proper vaccination/medical treatment. I would love to live in a small town of the past and open a bakery though.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast