Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sherlock

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Imperium's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sherlock

What a shite season. Fucking disappointment to their high standards. They should not have changed directors, they should have given Steven Thompson (Reichenbach fall, Blind Banker) at least his one proper standalone episode. It went from a 9.5 to an 8. The first episode was definitely 7.5 with all of its silly fan service.

Overall a disappointment, but its still a very good show, it is just unable to reach the heights of previous seasons. So much needless comedy, its not a comedy-drama what in the fucking fuck, have some light hearted comedy but not constantly. The silly cameos, and it seems with every episode they are drifting further away from making the drama of the case the centre-point of the episode and more about the drama of the characters, ugh. They've also needlessly ratchet up the bromance, god its gruesome. That has Moffats hands written all over it, I hope to god they dont let him ruin it. I've heard horror stories from Dr. Who fans...

Since they have practically finished all the sherlock holmes novels, all that is left now is the many short stories. They confirmed two more seasons, they may go through most of the small stories and try to tie them together like in the second episode, which I hope they dont do. I prefer the full episode type mysteries.

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    For me, the whole season was a disappointment. The third episode was certainly better than the first two but still worse than the first two seasons. The wait for the next season will be much easier this time.
    Yea, needlessly waiting for BBC shows to air has become a specialty but the Sherlock wait was especially hard, it wont really be the same this time around.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    ...i could pimp in bulgaria...my game tight like that

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Alkajak's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show
    "This is my signature."
    -My signature

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Sakura Saluja's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I've just seen random parts of random episodes of this series on tv but by what I have seen it seemed wonderful.. I was thinking about watching it seriously.. is it really worthy?? :33

MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Naomidee's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I just recently found out about this series by watching the last two episodes from season 3, which I must say I enjoyed watching very much.

Being a huge fan of the Sherlock Holmes stories, I like how this series incorporates elements, themes and characters from the original stories written by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

Another thing I like about this series is that although I already have some idea what is going to happen since I have read Doyle’s stories, it is still very fun and exciting to watch the episodes because they always have some surprising twists and new elements as part of them.

About the characters, Sherlock is my favorite character, but I do have to say that I like Watson as well and that I enjoy the interactions between Sherlock and him a lot! And I know she is not a canon character, but I like Molly and her one-sided love for Sherlock.

I’m planning to watch all the episodes of this series; in fact, I've already started watching A Scandal In Belgravia.

Even though I have just watched two episodes of Sherlock, I’m already looking forward to season 4!
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2