Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sand's Timeline

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Laam's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Sand's Timeline

Hello Guys!
    My first thread here. Be Nice with me.

We know that the Hidden Village of the Sand had a big deal in the past. But now it's out of focus in history. I was rereading the databooks and realized some things and come here to share with you.
    In the series has not been mentioned too many details of the village, as the founding date, the beginning, etc...
    But based on the Ninja Registry of the Sand's Shinobi, we can have a base when it was founded...

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/6884/gaaaara.png

We saw this: 56-001, on this basis it is assumed that it was founded 56 years ago, but as this information is from the First Databook and in the Third Databook, Gaara is 16 years old, then the Hidden Village of the Sand was founded 60 years more or less.

Timeline:
    0 – Village foundation
    1 - Chiyo (13) becomes a kunoichi.
    2 - Ebizo (12) becomes a ninja.
    6 - First Great Shinobi World War
    16 - Gaara's Father is born.
    21 - Yashamaru is born.
    25 - Sasori is born.
    26 - Baki is born.
    28 – Gaara’s Father (8) graduates in the Ninja Academy.
    32 - Yashamaru (11) graduates in the Ninja Academy, Yuura is born.
    Second Great Shinobi World War. Sasori's parents (6) are murdered by Sakumo Hatake.
    33 - Sasori (7) graduates in the Ninja Academy.
    34 - Baki (8) graduates in the Ninja Academy, Sasori (8) becomes Chuunin.
    37 - Yashamaru becomes Chuunin (16).
    38 - Baki becomes Chuunin (12).
    40 – Temari is born, Sasori (15) fled the village and Join Akatsuki.
    41 - Sandaime Kazekage disappeared from the Village.
    42 - Kankurou is born. Third Great Shinobi World War
    43 – Gaara’s Father (28) becomes the Fourth Kazekage.
    44 - Gaara is born. Yuura (12) graduates in the ninja academy.
    48- Yondaime Kazekage (32) orders the death of Gaara (4), it survives and kills Yashamaru (27).
    53 - Temari (12) graduates in the Ninja Academy.
    54 - Kankuro (12) graduates in the Ninja Academy.
    56 - Yondaime Hokage (40) is murdered by Ororchimaru (50) and his fellow. (Series Start)
    56 - Gaara (12) graduates in the Ninja Academy.
    56 - Gaara (12), Temari (15) and Kankurou (14) form a team under the tutelage of Baki (30), in order to participate in Konoha’s Chuunin Exam.(Chuunin Exam Era)
    58 - Temari (17) Kankurou (16) and Gaara (14) become Chuunin.
    59 - Temari (18) and Kankurou (17) become Jounin, Gaara (15) ascends to Godaime Kazekage
    60 - Present era. Temari (19), Kankuro (18), Gaara (16), Chiyo (73), Ebizo (72), Sasori (35), Yuura (28) and Baki (34).

Those dates are just theories, there may be wrong.

Trivia:
    Based on the record of missions of Gaara, Temari and Kankurou, we see that they have the same number of missions.
    8 Level C
    1 Level B
    This means that Temari and Kankurou just formed a team, after Gaara graduated in the academy. Not having done any mission before.

As you can see. Sand’s Shinobi has no last name. Suggesting that they doesn’t have a specific clan/family.

Chiyo has the registration number:01-002 and Ebiou has the registration number:02-002, by the time they were 13 and 12 years respectively when both were graded as Shinobi or Registered.
    It is possible that they are disciples of the Shodai Kazekage and have formed a team with the future Nidaime Kazekage.

56 is the year of death of the Gaara’s Father/Yondaime Kazekage. If Gaara and his siblings graduated Chuunins in the year 58 as shown in Databook 3, means that Suna was at least two years without a Kazekage or may be that in the meantime there was a temporary waiting Gaara becomes a bit more mature for the position. But there is doubt if Gaara graduated Jounin like your siblings.

Enjoy

2. Thanks 7 Member(s) thanked this post
    Fruits Punch Samurai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted BBB Banana's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sand's Timeline

Funny a few days ago I was also thinking about how suna had no Kazekage for a few years
    ^-^

Weird since Konoha was in such a rush to find a new hokage and always makes quick decisions when a new hokage is necessary.

Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

As a fan of not only Gaara, but the Sand Village, I must post sth here

So, I like what you wrote, though I don't agree its so.. "new". To me the numbers doesn't represent anything, and it was said Shodai Hokage "made" the balance of the tailed beasts, which means to me that at that time there were already 5 great villages <and even those smaller ones>. If we put into consideration number of kages, Suna surely is as old as Konoha and the other great villages.

But putting aside that - yeah, I too think that Suna was without the Kazekage for AT LEAST 1 year <depending when Gaara was put officialy as Kazekage - and it seems it was during the time skip <that's why, IMO, at least 1 year>> I think it could have been as well that Gaara was appointed Kazekage even if he wasn't matured to old timers, becuase they would have kage <for one>, and they would have a perfect puppet in their hands: kiddo <for the second>

Quote Originally Posted by Laam
    But there is doubt if Gaara graduated Jounin like your siblings.
    Surely not, IMO.
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Fruits Punch Samurai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted BBB Banana's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Now I remember that they mentioned they searched for the yondaime kazekage for a long time and wouldn't make the same mistake with Gaara's kidnaping. So they spent a few years looking for their kage?

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by juUnior View Post
    So, I like what you wrote, though I don't agree its so.. "new". To me the numbers doesn't represent anything, and it was said Shodai Hokage "made" the balance of the tailed beasts, which means to me that at that time there were already 5 great villages <and even those smaller ones>. If we put into consideration number of kages, Suna surely is as old as Konoha and the other great villages.
    Thanks for reading.
    Yes, Suna is as old as Konoha. But is not the number of Kage that indicates this.
    Kumo now is in the fourth generation's Kage, Iwa in the third, then it does not indicate anything IMO.
    I may have missed this part.
    According to the databook 3, Nidaime Hokage, was responsible for establishing Konoha's organizational system by setting up various organizations, such as the Academy, the ANBU, and Chūnin Exams.
    And then the other villages, followed the same steps.
    So, the first year of registration of Suna, was in the Nidaime Hokage's Era.
    This indicates that Suna is a little older than the date I mentioned.
    Maybe,between 15/30 years.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I also like this thread...one of the things that makes this manga interesting is the world that has been created...Suna is on of the villages though that is one of the most interesting in the bunch...it's not just elemental techniques, taijutsu or other "common" stuff...puppet techniques are really interesting, the whole thing that Suna is of the big 5, while it's generally portrayed as an underdog, begs the question why is suna powerful...

Sandaime Kazekage must've been a really influential fellow, and I see him consolidating Suna's position as a big 5 member
    Of course Gaara is another great character...his jutsu is similar to that of Sandaime and his views while being similar to those of Naruto's he keeps himself at a level where he understands the responsibilities as a kage and shinobi...

Very good thread for UR first, though I like Kirigakure more...cheers

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BBB Banana
    Now I remember that they mentioned they searched for the yondaime kazekage for a long time and wouldn't make the same mistake with Gaara's kidnaping. So they spent a few years looking for their kage?
    Yeah, remember the scene when they found him.. still, was just after the invasion ended, so if anything, they searched for their kage probably less than a week <from the conscious point of view - so from the moment they knew that Oro was pulling the strings> Or so I interpret it like that.

But is not the number of Kage that indicates this.
    Kumo now is in the fourth generation's Kage, Iwa in the third, then it does not indicate anything IMO.
    Of course not.
    Still, it seems every village has from 3 to 5 kages, where the age really matters <Konoha and Suna it seems had their earlier Hokages die very soon, and so the bigger number of them> If we go "simply" <and I stress simply xd> by mathematics, it would seem that its an indicator also. <but I'm just seeing it as a mnaga "style" rather than real life solution >

So, the first year of registration of Suna, was in the Nidaime Hokage's Era.
    I still don't get it I looked at the databook entries, especially other villages numbers, and it seems Konoha has always one digit more before the actual numbers, that is "0". On the other hand Iwa seems to have a letter before the numbers. If so, I don't think its the matter of years - it would seem that Konoha is "younger" than Suna <here Gaara has 56, and for example his piers from Konoha have "012"> I thought putting it the other way around, but what to make of, for example, Iwa with their letter before the numbers?

One thing is certain: when Shodaime Hokage was apointed when the Konoha village was formed, Suna somewhere at that time was also formed <as you said about chuunin stuff: other countries copied the "system" after Konoha <I think Tobi said this in his storytelling to Sasuke after Itachi's death>>

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darth Executor's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Sasori's parents (6) are murdered by Sakumo Hatake.
    Umm, killing enemy combatants in war is not murder.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    Umm, killing enemy combatants in war is not murder.
    Thanks.
    Was a mistake I made when I was transcribing into English.
    I thought that "Murder" is better choice because of impact that had in Sasori.

@Benelori.
    I like too. But I didn't find nothing concrete yet to be able to do something.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benelori
    Suna is on of the villages though that is one of the most interesting in the bunch...it's not just elemental techniques, taijutsu or other "common" stuff...puppet techniques are really interesting
    Not to mention it seems the "puppetery" is some sort of trademark for shinobi of the Sand. Quite cool <ok, ok, I give up - till Sasori appeared, I thought puppeters shinobi in Narutoverse were boring and not very strong.. till Sasori appearance xD>

Sandaime Kazekage must've been a really influential fellow, and I see him consolidating Suna's position as a big 5 member
    Yes, that's a good thinking - and it should be that way considering he was titled as the greatest/strongest Kazekage ever.

Of course Gaara is another great character...his jutsu is similar to that of Sandaime and his views while being similar to those of Naruto's he keeps himself at a level where he understands the responsibilities as a kage and shinobi...
    Of course

16. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Sunagakure is not as old as Konoha. Look, at the first databook (or is it the second? doesn't matter) it says that Gaara became a Genin at the 56 year. So now it's 60 years, right?

In the first databook (again, or the second) it says that Shodai founded Konoha 60 years ago, right? so now it's 64 years. So Konoha is older than Suna by a few years.

And it's seems like each village has its own registration system. For Sunagakure, each represents the year of the academy, and the number of the shinobi. For Konoha, I think it represents the total number of the shinobi. For example, Orochimaru graduated 48 years ago at the age of 6, and his registretion number is 002300, which means that 48 years ago Konoha had 2300 shinobi. 26 years later, the number increased to 10829 (Asuma graduated 22 years ago, RN is 010829).

Iwagakure appears to have the same registretion system as Konoha.

Amegakure's is a weird one (Mubi's RN is R1-128, for example, he's 17; and Midare's R4-059, he was 19 when he died in the Forest of Death while Shigure's [19 years old] RN was R1-115)

Kumogakure and Takigakure are the only villages we don't know their RN. The village from Takigakure we know is Kakuzu, and he's way before the establishment of the villages system.

Quote Quote:
    According to the databook 3, Nidaime Hokage, was responsible for establishing Konoha's organizational system by setting up various organizations, such as the Academy, the ANBU, and Chūnin Exams.
    I'm not sure about this. Is it really confirmed that he estabilished all those during his time as the Nidaime Hokage? he could very well do this before becoming the Hokage.

Good job, didn't notice it before.
    Last edited by Samui; August 17, 2010 at 04:58 AM.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Samui
    So Konoha is older than Suna by a few years.
    Of course - its not even about statistics, its about what Tobi said about "every other country copied the system from Konoha and Fire country". Konoha is older from every - especially - big villages, but the difference should be small, just a few years <like you mentioned>

In the first databook (again, or the second) it says that Shodai founded Konoha 60 years ago, right?
    That I didn't know. If that's the case, than its more likely its really a representation of the year in SunaGakure's case.

For Konoha, I think it represents the total number of the shinobi. For example, Orochimaru graduated 48 years ago at the age of 6, and his registretion number is 002300, which means that 48 years ago Konoha had 2300 shinobi. 26 years later, the number increased to 10829 (Asuma graduated 22 years ago, RN is 010829).
    This numbers seem really high then, I'm surprised : O

I'm not sure about this. Is it really confirmed that he estabilished all those during his time as the Nidaime Hokage? he could very well do this before becoming the Hokage.
    For the theory to work, we should put it as "when he was Hokage already" - because I don't think that villages are only 50/60 years old <BUT if it was said in databook, there's not denying that and we can only guess whether he was kage or not....>

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    This numbers seem really high then, I'm surprised : O
    Yes. However, alot of shinobi died during the wars. I doubt the new ones just replaced the dead shinobi. For example, if shinobi with the RN of 003 died, then I don't think that the new shinobi who came after him will take his RN. So while Asuma was the 10829th shinobi, it doesn't mean that Konoha actually had that many shinobi alive that time.

As for Nidaime. I think he died around 54 years ago, could be less by a few years. See, Sarutobi doesn't look like he's any younger than 19 or so. Had he been alive today, he would've been 73 years old. 73-19=54. That's around ten years difference between Konoha's foundation and the death of Nidaime by the Kinkaku force. By the way, there's also the speculation that one of the Raikage was part of the group, so if it's the case, then it was probably the Shodai Raikage. It's 24 years until Killerbee's flashback, just enough time to replace Shodai Raikage (who could've been already pretty old) with Shodai Raikage and then Sandaime Raikage that Kishi introduced in the flashback.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member POW's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

hahaha Laam good work.

You and I must be one of the few people who tried to make sense of what those registration numbers mean. I did so on another forum and I'l just copy and paste my interpretation which is very similar to yours. I actually did all the villages listed so far....

I think I did this back in May btw but here goes..

Quote Quote:
    Note: * = age at time of death

Leaf village - They have the simplest registration number as it simply progressive so it also gives us the rough estimate of how many shinobi have existed in the Leaf at any given time in their history by looking at the age someone was when they graduated.

Koharu Utatane(72) = 000256

Hiruzen Sarutobi(69)* = 000261

Danzou Shimura(72)* = 000272

Homaura Mitokado(72) = 000293

Jiraiya(54)* = 002301

Hiashi Hyuuga(42) = 005159

Kakashi Hatake(30) = 009720

Yamato(26) = 010992

Itachi Uchiha(21)* = 012110

Naruto(16) = 012607

Konohamru(12) = 012707

So that means their have been about 12,000+ shinobi in the Leaf since its founding in the current timeline as Konohamru is one of the newest Gennin.
    I have mentioned this before in another thread but also these numbers also show us that the leaf looks at its shinobi as all the same slightly different from the Sand village of the past.

Sand Village - The sand village system took me awhile to get but it is slightly different and goes beyond just simple progression but actually goes as far as rating its ninja's skill compared to its graduating class.

Explanation: Chiyo is 1 year older than her brother Ebizou and she was the first generation to graduate their exams and become a Gennin as noted by 01 the 002 represents she was second in her entire graduating class. Thats why her younger brother is 02- as he was in the 2nd graduating class.

So take a good look at them all...

Chiyo(73)* = 01-002

Ebizou(72) = 02-002

4th Kazekage(40) = 28-115

Sasori(35) = 33-001

Baki(34) = 38-212

Yashamaru(27)* 32-049 (*27 at time of death)

Yuura(28) = 44-005

Kankurou(18) = 51-002

Temari(19) = 53-004

Gaara(16) = 56-001

Did you notice Gaara's father the 4th Kaze was ranked 115 of his class no wonder he was rubbish eh? Of course Gaara was ranked #1 of his class which was the 56th graduating class of shinobi of the Sand.

This also shows the competitive nature of the Sand village in their desperate attempt to produce elite shinobi reflected in this symbol of status in their Reg Id. Also note the Sand hand a different training method than the leaf as it was not until just before the time skip did the Sand adopt the Leafs training program.

Rock village- There system seems identical to the Leafs as it is simple progression but also gives you number wise about how many shinobi they have produced.

Kakkou(27)* = I W06219

Taiseki(27)* = I W06225

Mahiru(24)* = I W06531

Deidara(19)* = IW-08721

If you dont know the first 3 are from the Kakashi Gaiden side story during the 3rd ninja war. However roughly speaking the Rock has produced 8700+ shinobi but Deidara is the youngest most current Rock shinobi we know of.

Note: Mist village has no registration ID that we know of as neither Zabuza nor Kisame have one

Cloud village Shinobi are mostly new to the story so none in the databooks have had any Reg ID

Rain village Their system is more unclear to me as it hard to tell what they are rating. The only Rain ninja that we have are from part 1 and are the 3 that attacked Gaara and the 3 that attacked Naruto's team + Kabuto during the Forest of Death.

Its possible that the R# equates their graduating rank and the other number is their general reg Id as we know the Rain village has been destroyed many times before due to wars. So perhaps they dont keep up with class numbers as records get lost during the destruction so they focus simply on their current goings on.

Baiu(19)* = R2-039

Midari(19)* = R4-059

Shigure(19)* = R1-115

Oboro(17) = R1-127

Kagari(17) = R1-126

Mubai(17) = R1-128

Well thats really most of it as thats all the information we have on he various ninja Ids with a little bit of insight into what they mean.

Enjoy.

21. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes. However, alot of shinobi died during the wars. I doubt the new ones just replaced the dead shinobi. For example, if shinobi with the RN of 003 died, then I don't think that the new shinobi who came after him will take his RN. So while Asuma was the 10829th shinobi, it doesn't mean that Konoha actually had that many shinobi alive that time.
    Ah, yes, indeed, silly me xD

POW, man, great analysis. I don't even see any flow in such thinking. If we compare the numbers of Konoha produced ninjas over the years and Iwa, I think it clearly show there's some difference in how long the village existed - some few years less before Konoha <though its pure unrealistic shounen approach - it could be as well that their shinobi didn't do much babies over the years, but nevermind me >

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast