Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Psyren Anime thoughts

Mangahelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ghostexiled's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Psyren Psyren Anime thoughts

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I thought it would be interesting to talk about the prospects of an anime adaptation of Psyren!

Would you want it?
    Who would you want to animate it - i.e, what studio?
    Voice actors?
    Should it be an on going series or should they try what the Soul Eater and Fullmetal Alchemist animes did?

Then of course whatever else I am not thinking about!

So thoughts?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member dct21's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Psyren Anime thoughts

i would like to see it happen, i actually had dream about watching the psyren anime before. im not sure what studio i would want to animate it, but I definetly dont want someone who worked on naruto shippuuden to touch it.

I think it should be an ongoing series because it seems like psyren would be the type of anime that fits well with filler episodes as long as their interesting,

For Music I picture dark Orchestra type music like they had in d.gray-man and death noth, or the first fma, and if it does get animated i hope america doesn't touch it, we ruin everything!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bones's Avatar
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

Bones Studio or Madhouse Studio should do it.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ero-Sanji's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

The same studio who does Bleach or the one with FMA Brotherhood.
    Fate of Darkness vs Rubber Dream
    Purple Dragon vs Three-sword-Dragon
    Alcohol vs Money
    Lazy Eye vs Eye Lie
    Wrestling Jesus vs Cooking Pervert
    Horseman of Death vs Deer Life
    Decaying Female vs Blooming Demon
    Battleship vs Cyborg
    Gentleman with wings vs Gentleman with bones

THIS BATTLE HAS IT ALL!!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

It;s quite hard to find a studio that I would like to animate psyren but my best choice which I believe is possible would be Toei animation.
    One piece directors so we won't have to see a bloodless psyren and some good animators, but I don't know if certain animators belong to certain studio's just like VA's can play in several studios

Mangahelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ghostexiled's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the idea that Bones Studio should do it, they (I believe) are the ones that animated "Soul Eater" and "Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood". The only issue with them doing it, would be that they would not keep on going like the Big 3 are doing and it would be limited to about 50 episodes.

But if you have seen either or both of the mentioned animes, then you know that they are real consistent with the quality, episode to episode. Also there is hardly (if any) censorship of blood and violence.

I don't know the name of the studio, but the team that did "D.Gray Man" would be another great choice... they had quality episodes thru out and only stopped doing the anime, because they caught up to the manga.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

No idea on which studio in peticular, but it would need to have nice animation and allow a darker story line which that psyren is. I personally think that an anime would be great, but i dont think there is enough story quiteee yet. Though i do think they could add filler and even more characterization and they both would be welcomed. But personally i think unless a studio can bring out the dark atmosphere and the tension the show would flop. Im kinda hopin 2011 is the year of the psyren.

Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ghostexiled View Post
    I don't know the name of the studio, but the team that did "D.Gray Man" would be another great choice... they had quality episodes thru out and only stopped doing the anime, because they caught up to the manga.
    The studio that worked on D. Gray man is TMS, they have also worked on HSDK from what I know so I would hope that if they get it we would have DGM's animators.

That also is a great choice

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by halfcrzy View Post
    No idea on which studio in peticular, but it would need to have nice animation and allow a darker story line which that psyren is. I personally think that an anime would be great, but i dont think there is enough story quiteee yet. Though i do think they could add filler and even more characterization and they both would be welcomed. But personally i think unless a studio can bring out the dark atmosphere and the tension the show would flop. Im kinda hopin 2011 is the year of the psyren.
    More like 2012. (get it??) LOL

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member vizardichigo's Avatar
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

Definitely MadHouse studio...Or the Studio that does Bleach. Production IG is another great one...They animated the brilliant Guardian of the Sacred Spirit Series....
    Thank You Kubo...You have proven once and for all, that Yamamoto Genryuusai is STRONGER THAN AIZEN SOUSUKE despite what the fanboys think

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member brigid001's Avatar
    Country
    Ireland
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok i definetely agree with Bones as a choice to do it. They are an excellent studio and i've seen a few of their works which i loved e.g fma and fma brotherhood, soul eater, eureka seven,tokyo magnitude 8.0.they were all top quality notch lol. erm production ig seems like another good one. not sure if they usually animate shounen manga though.

Hmmm and about studio pierrot. They are somewhat of a good studio. BTW they are the studio that animates bleach. They also did yu yu hakusho and flame of recca which are two of my fave old school anime but they also animated naruto and naruto shippuden. Now naruto was fine but naruto shippuden seems to be decreasing in quality... it has those type of flashy fights which i just don't like >.< and if they added another ongoing anime to the list i'd be afraid they would be short on resources..

anyway TMS entertainment is another good studio. As mentioned above they did d. gray man which i have to watch but also saint seiya the lost canvas, which has great animation i think. maybe cause it's just an ova. and FINALLY lol studio deen might be a good choice. i know they screwed up with a few anime but my opinion of them changed after watching 07 ghost and after seing the preview for nurarihyon no mago anime which i can't wait for!!! sorry for the long rant

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Bones would be excellent but as Ghost stated, they wouldn't do a long run anime. They would wrap it up with an own ending like they mostly do...

I have always likened the animation of the one piece anime. One piece's animation defeats bleach's and naruto's animation. I have seen good things in Bleach's animation too.

so:
    - Toei Animation
    - Madhouse
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i think getting animelized is one step towards the series's popularity and makes the manga stay alive longer. I havent really been watching many anime recently but i like the people who did Gundam 00.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Bones would be a great choice, but only if they would actually continue the story someday. They did with FMA, but thats only because they animated so little of the manga. There's no way they'd continue Soul Eater since they've used up so much of the manga...

I'd actually like Pierrot to work on the anime. They did an excellent job on Naruto and Bleach before the fillers arrived. Thats when things got tricky...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ~*Enigma*~'s Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if Bones animated it, would they make it 51 episodes like they did to the original Full Metal Alchemist and Soul Eater? I wouldn't mind Toei Animation, Studio Pierrot, or Madhouse, or Bones (if they make it longer than 51 episodes ) working on this.

Check out my youtube channel: Soundclick Beats

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast