Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)

View Poll Results: who takes it?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • hiryu

6 15.00%
  • grana

34 85.00%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Grana vs Hiryu

Artists of MH 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shinsengumi's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Grana vs Hiryu

what do you think about that? i always pictured him as grana's future match up. just think about it, yoshina will obviously figh miroku and hiryu will fight grana.that's at least how i pictured it in my mind ^^ with his powers fully mastered (it will take sooo long from now >_>) he will become The Dragon and he will be able to withstand grana's massive-overkill-uber-demolition attacks. how do you think that fight would go? or do you agree with me to begin with? let me know

and since its a future prediction-fantasy discussion ,it can be meaningless to add a poll but just for the fun of it i will add just dont forget that you are voting for a future hiryu
    Last edited by shinsengumi; March 01, 2010 at 03:03 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ero-Sanji's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Grana vs Hiryu

For now my vote goes for Grana, why not

Easy kill, but THE DRAGON will grow and become a real threat to W.I.S.E and yeah I agree with you that Grana will face Hiryu I mean the sizes and the hairstyles are of the hoook
    Fate of Darkness vs Rubber Dream
    Purple Dragon vs Three-sword-Dragon
    Alcohol vs Money
    Lazy Eye vs Eye Lie
    Wrestling Jesus vs Cooking Pervert
    Horseman of Death vs Deer Life
    Decaying Female vs Blooming Demon
    Battleship vs Cyborg
    Gentleman with wings vs Gentleman with bones

THIS BATTLE HAS IT ALL!!!

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

They're too similar looking to have a fight!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kthy0056's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

There's something I'm confused about Grana. How the heck a guy who can move solar rays can't simply control the body of his enemy? For example, Miroku ... why didn't he simply break his neck or dismember him? It's weird, don't you think?

Having said that, I think that Hiryu may win just because he's a main character and protagonist. But practically speaking, outside of the story, #01 would finish him fast.

EDIT: I also want to point out that Grana is EXTREMELY powerful. Remember the "death ray" attack he used on Mirkou? He was ready to do another one just then ... that's an insane amount of power.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

No, Grana used it twice. First one burnt Miroku's body, but second one was destroyed by Sephiroth Gate. And I'm sure he could do this a few times more. But I think that if Hiryu would completely awake his dragon powers, he could stand a chance in a battle versus Grana. But it would be hard for him to survive such battle.

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

I voted on their current skill level. Based on that, I think Grana would be the winner in a fight against Hiryuu. This is also founded on the last fight I saw in which Grana was a worthy opponent against Miroku...

However, I do believe if Asaga polishes his burst skills and he trains very hard in Rise that he would become very strong on the level of the top wise members. So yeah, I see some potential to beat Grana
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

9. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner LostRonin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Grana easily would take this one, i dont think Asaga has a chance in beating him, even if his power level's increased Miroku barely survived with him and that was only because he rigged the battle field with "Get out of jail free" seed's he planted ..

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LostRonin View Post
    Grana easily would take this one, i dont think Asaga has a chance in beating him, even if his power level's increased Miroku barely survived with him and that was only because he rigged the battle field with "Get out of jail free" seed's he planted ..
    I don't agree with this. If this happens then the story wouldn't progress at all. I'll leave it in the middle whether it will be the future children or the drifters who'll defeat the future wise, but in the present: only the drifters (and psychicers like kagetora, haruhiko, etc) can defeat the wise.

It would be really annoying if it would become bleach alike where the main character ageha would constantly steal the show. I'd rather prefer Asaga and co in defeating the top wise member. Kabuto's recent power evolution has shown that the mangaka is going to take that step.
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well from what we have seen from both characters, so far. I think Grana has this win.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner LostRonin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by koenosaki View Post
    I don't agree with this. If this happens then the story wouldn't progress at all. I'll leave it in the middle whether it will be the future children or the drifters who'll defeat the future wise, but in the present: only the drifters (and psychicers like kagetora, haruhiko, etc) can defeat the wise.

It would be really annoying if it would become bleach alike where the main character ageha would constantly steal the show. I'd rather prefer Asaga and co in defeating the top wise member. Kabuto's recent power evolution has shown that the mangaka is going to take that step.
    It Depend's if this disscussion is in a hypothetical sense or within the context of the story, because if it's story wise the good guy's will alway's win but in theory Asaga would get his proverbial butt handed to him by Grana, be it future or past Grana i just dont see it happening for Asaga, id even give Kagetora a shot at (Past) Grana before Asaga, Or future Kabuto with his new power against future Grana that's just my opinion .....

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Nanaya Kiri's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Grana, hands down (on currently known power-level)

Grana = almost murdered Miroku (though pretty even fight)

Hiryu = Almost murdered by Shiner (without much of a fight)

it's somewhat difficult to base it on potential, power, as we don't truly what their potential is, the mangaka decides that,(we don't even know the full extent of Grana's power in the future) you could almost say anyone could beat anyone based of potential, this is what I think of it
    True Regis of the Mystic Eyes of Death Perception (直死の魔眼 )
    "hmm....I have concieved your death lines...."

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member maravish's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of Grana, can someone explain how his move "Sunfall" works?
    http://beta.onemanga.com/Psyren/95/13/

Its hard to know just how strong a person will be in the future so its a tough vote; but i chose Grana pretty much because of his attack

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nanaya Kiri View Post
    Grana, hands down (on currently known power-level)

Grana = almost murdered Miroku (though pretty even fight)

Hiryu = Almost murdered by Shiner (without much of a fight)

it's somewhat difficult to base it on potential, power, as we don't truly what their potential is, the mangaka decides that,(we don't even know the full extent of Grana's power in the future) you could almost say anyone could beat anyone based of potential, this is what I think of it
    To be fair, Shiner had a pretty hacked move.

Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by maravish View Post
    Speaking of Grana, can someone explain how his move "Sunfall" works?
    http://beta.onemanga.com/Psyren/95/13/
    I am not a physician but how I understood, I think grana can influence light flow by telekinesis. He probably can assemble light particles into one point and shoot a huge light flame towards his opponent
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Artists of MH 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shinsengumi's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

well comparing them for their current skill levels is already more than funny . what im trying to ask here is if you see him as grana's final match-up or not ? do you think he will evolve into someone who can stand up to grana or is it just somebody else's task to deal with?
    i think the dragon will prove that he stands simply for this quest and purpose . he will have an inpenetrable dron-skin to guard against grana and a great attack to defeat him but this will happen who knows maybe in the 500th chapter or so
    ^ this was not an assumption ,basicly just a fantasy of mine . you too should just feel free to tell me how you think hiryu will improve . do you think the mangaka and the story will take him there ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast