Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Is Hanzo the true mastermind behind Akatsuki?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member NinjaPenguinator's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Hanzo the true mastermind behind Akatsuki?

99% chance that Hanzo is NOT the main villain. (that last percent is the fact that kishi can do w/e the heck he wants, but he wont make him the main villain. I know it.)

Hanzo was in the manga simply to show the power of the 3 Sannin by naming them so. Then later to show the power of Pain by being killed.

no, nope, wrong, sorry >.>

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lanz1p View Post
    Long time member first time poster

I found this theory extremely interesting, because it seemed odd for a character as strong as Hanzou to be introduced and then killed off so fast.

im not sure if this helps the theory or not, but Manga chapter 453
    page 17
    http://www.narutofan.com/manga/naruto/453/17

Tobi/Madara states that Pain was supposed to save his Jutsu for him, Does that not mean that Pain had already killed him? Its been stated that Pain killed Hanzou....
    Great example ! With the Outer Path: Samsara of Heavenly Life Technique it had to have the souls of the people he killed in it, in order to restore their life/soul. So it may be possible that it's at least some one Nagato killed.
    edit: Or maybe it works on anyone who dies.....I guess I made a big assumption there !

I think if we find out whether the Gedo Mazo was something that Nagato "found" or had something to do with the Rinnegan OR if it's something that Madara/Tobi actually "synced" with Nagato......it could provide some interesting information against this whole theory (or even pro-theory ).

With recent developments in the manga, the theory already has timeline holes......again....

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaPenguinator View Post
    99% chance that Hanzo is NOT the main villain. (that last percent is the fact that kishi can do w/e the heck he wants, but he wont make him the main villain. I know it.)

Hanzo was in the manga simply to show the power of the 3 Sannin by naming them so. Then later to show the power of Pain by being killed.

no, nope, wrong, sorry >.>

HATER!I wish I could un-thank you!!!
    Last edited by dilated_junkie; August 31, 2010 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Hojinmaru's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The only reason Hanzo was introduced was to show some background history for Nagato and to showcase just how strong Nagato is. What IS intersting, and what dilated_junkie implied is that maybe Nagato learned of/was synced with the Gedo Mazo statue thanks to Tobi. Thats very interesting IMO, was Tobi in the shadows controling things from the very beginning of the fall of the Rain Village?

As for Nagato being able to only resurrect those he's killed, I don't believe that's the case. The only thing holding him back was chakra at the time of the villages destruction. Remember, he's the "7th" pain, that controls life and death, he should have the power to bring back the dead.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

since "is he Madara" stuff is popping out, let me have a say.

I'm with your suspiciousness that he is not really Madara. I don't have legit reason, but I'm taking the thing that Kabuto summoned as a reference, which I think that dude was Madara.

as for Hanzo being the man who works behind the scene, I doubt it. yes He was stronger, but I don't vote for someone whose ass was being kicked by little Pain, as akatsuki highest rank.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually don't like how Hanzo's character was introduced and his overall purpose in the manga one bit. Hanzo was basically the guy who took on Jiraiya, Orochimaru and Tsunade, around their prime, and not only only defeated them. But he let them live and basically forced them to carry the title of Sannin. Even Jiraiya referred to him as an icon of the shinobi world. The guy is the most overpowered and least talked about character in the entire manga. I would be hard pressed to name any one shinobi in the whole manga who could defeat all three Sannin at the same time, and do so when they were in their prime. Kishi just made Hanzo way too powerful.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

^UP
    I don't think that Sannins where at their prime when facing Hanzou, IMO. They were still young <or at least seems to me that way xd>, I think it was way before we would call them "at their prime". Though its just my own view on the matter when I first read that part.
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by juUnior View Post
    ^UP
    I don't think that Sannins where at their prime when facing Hanzou, IMO. They were still young <or at least seems to me that way xd>, I think it was way before we would call them "at their prime". Though its just my own view on the matter when I first read that part.
    They were definitely in their late 20's and possibly early 30's during that fight. Because after that Jiraiya trained Nagato, Yahiko, and Konan for a few years. Then went back to Konoha to trained Minato for a few years as well. After Minato became Hokage is when Orochimaru left the village and Jiraiya went after him. And 16ish years later he died at the age of 53.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Hojinmaru's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Physically they were in their prime during the battle with Hanzo. That's not to say they did not become more powerful and wise afterwards. All of them gained new and greater powers after that battle, but at the time, they were still the best the Leaf had to offer and were thus acknowledged by Hanzo as the Legendary Three.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity hakuthehedgehog's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Tsunade, for example, didn't have her genesis rebirth technique, Orochimaru didn't develop his crazy snake techniques and learned Edo Tensei, and we don't know how strong Jiraya was at that point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, if "Madara"is Hanzo he could have just ordered Nagato to tell everyone he killed him (Hanzo). It would remove any suspicion of Hanzo being "Madara". Plus, Jiraiya was shocked to hear that Nagato killed Hanzo even though he knew Nagato had the Rinnegan. It's a good prediction, plus I really wanna see Hanzo fight.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3