Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: How would you rate Madara/Tobi as a mastermind?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Xiraiya's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How would you rate Madara as a mastermind?

6/10

I'd rate Madara higher as I still somewhat believe he's a better Mastermind than what we have seen, I've always been under a belief that Kishi's original view of Akatsuki had Minato as it's leader, I don't think I'm the only one that's noticed there has seem to be quite a few subtle Retcons throughout the Manga.

Hell if you Place Minato and his two team-members in place of where the rain Trio belong, everything makes more sense, right down to Jiraiya being killed and Naruto's grand battle against "Pain" which really feels like an "End of Manga" battle. To this day I'm not entirely convinced Tobi was designed to be Madara, going along with Minato being the Leader of Akatsuki, Tobi as some sort of resurrected Obito also makes more sense, I mean these days ofcourse I do not believe Obito is Tobi or anything like that.

My point is I don't believe at the beginning of part 2 that Nagato was going to be Akatsuki's Leader/Pain or that Madara was going to play as large a roll in the manga story that he does now.

So because of these suspected changes, I don't quite feel Madara comes across as good as he truly could have been if all of this had been planned from the start.
    Last edited by Xiraiya; August 01, 2011 at 10:40 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Ochiru's Avatar
    Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How would you rate Madara as a mastermind?

Madara is great mastermind in his own unique way but so far he has seemed to lack a backup plan but yeah his opponents counterattacks so far have been very quick and surprising I doubt many other masterminds could reply to that besides his more of a foreseer than a planner he makes up his own plans to stall time for his big own plans rather than just think huge operations its not part of his game and it wouldnt even need to be with his current plan.
    But as manipulator his perfect his been able to turn so many people into his side and such seriously only a genious and some person who knows psychology could do it that well he just literally mindfucked and brainwashed Sasuke into his side just like that.
    But like Sasuke and many other Uchiha he seems to have superiority complex thus he underestimates his opponents very easily as we've seen so far its maybe due to his over confident attitude and personality because well as far as I can see he sees himself as somekind of greater mind or god in fact
    Overall as operational and planner his good but not the most perfect strategic person in the manga but well who knows maybe this is all "Part of the Plan" since well we dont know much about him yet heck! We dont even know if his really Uchiha Madara and with Kishimotos writing and plot all I can say that there will be many plot twists involving this character and well we havent even seen all of his twisted plans yet.

New Reply
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12