Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)
New Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Who will win, Sasuke or Naruto? or will they both die?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ashher's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who will win, Sasuke or Naruto? or will they both die?

^ Plz mention the chapter number or the link. And it better not be the 'last secret of sharingan' which itachi talked about, cause it didn't mean any new jutsu...it meant EMS itself. That i've been confirmed by several translators.

Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Here you go:

Quote Originally Posted by Cnet128
    Itachi: An eternal Mangekyou Sharingan! // In finding a new master, his brother's eyes gained eternal light... // And not only that; a further change occurred. // Those eyes gave rise to a new special technique. // ...However, such an exchange could only ever take place between members of the same clan. // Besides which, it was not as if just anyone could obtain new power in this way. // That much is clear from history, from the many sacrifices that followed... // That is the other secret of these eyes. LINK
    Quote Originally Posted by Hisshouburaiken
    Itachi: A permanent Mangekyou Sharingan!
    By changing hosts, the younger brother's eyes found an inextinguishable light!
    SFX: GRA HA HA HA HA [H: Isn't that the same thing Itachi mind-fucked Deidara with?]

Itachi: But that was only half of the story.
    The transplant also gave birth to a completely new eye technique...

Obviously, this "exchange" could only be done between clansmen.
    And simply gaining another's eyes didn't equate to gaining this power.
    Many sacrifices piled up over the course of our clan's history...now you know why.

THIS is the final secret behind our eyes. LINK
    Quote Originally Posted by Tora-Chan
    Itachi: It seems that by acquiring a new host, his brother's eyes gained eternal light...

Itachi: Perhaps as a consequence, a metamorphosis occurred in his eyes.

Itachi: A peculiar new doujutsu was born in them.

ただし 瞳のやりとりは一族間でしか行えない
    Itachi: However, this trade can only be carried out among family members. (note: you could read it as "among clan members" as well, but I believe it refers to "family"; ndt)

Itachi: Besides, it does not mean that *anyone* can obtain a new power with this method.

Itachi: This fact has been proved true by the numerous victims that followed...

Itachi: This is the other secret of these eyes. LINK

Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

3. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks a lot jdw, that was the part i was thinking this all about at the back of my mind, but couldn't quite remember it. As you can see, in the third most literal translation, its been said that 'its a new doujutsu'. That's imo ems, not particularly any jutsu. Like sharingan is a doujutsu, byakugan and rinnegan are doujutsus...not shinra tensei, or amataresu. Shounensuki says this when i asked:
    Quote Originally Posted by ShounenSuki View Post
    It's a bit unclear. Itachi does say a new dōjutsu was born when Madara took his brother's eyes, but it could refer to both an actual technique or the eternal Mangekyō Sharingan itself. Personally I would go for the latter, as since then, there has been no references to it whatsoever.

Here's the translation of that scene:

"An eternal Mangekyō Sharingan! While finding a new host, his brothers eyes also obtained eternal light… And that wasn't the only change. In those eyes, a new, characteristic dōjutsu was born as well."

「永遠の万華鏡写輪眼!弟の眼は新しい宿主を得るごとで永遠の光を手に入れたという…そしてそればかりか変化を起こした。特有の新しい瞳術がその眼に生まれたのだ。」

"Eien no Mangekyō Sharingan! Otōto no me wa atarashii yadonushi o eru goto de eien no hikari o te ni ireta to iu… Soshite sore bakarika henka o okoshita. Tokuyū no atarashii dōjutsu ga sono me ni umareta no da."
    also i would like to attract your attention to the later part of this conversation of itachi, where he refers to this same as 'new power'. That should be a good enough indication that it was not any specific technique itachi was talking about, rather ems itself.
    Last edited by ashher; July 11, 2011 at 10:14 PM.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is a larger selection of the Tora-Chan translation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tora-chan
    Itachi: In the end Madara, obsessed with Mangekyou, sought the light... (note: you could read it as "possessed by Mangekyou" as well, but I feel it could change the meaning into something potentially wrong, so I didn't use it. Just be aware, if you wish, of this other possible chance; ndt)

許せ…
    Madara: Forgive me...

8p
    ぎゃああああ!!
    Madara's bro: Gyaaaah!!

Itachi: He plucked out his brother's eyes.

マダラは新たな光を手に入れた
    Itachi: Madara obtained a new light

そして… もう二度とその眼の光は閉じることが無かった
    Itachi: and this time... it didn't shut off.

9p
    永遠の万華鏡写輪眼!
    Itachi: An eternal Mangekyou Sharingan!

弟の眼は新しい宿主を得ることで永遠の光を手に入れたという…
    Itachi: It seems that by acquiring a new host, his brother's eyes gained eternal light...

そしてそればかりか 変化を起こした
    Itachi: Perhaps as a consequence, a metamorphosis occurred in his eyes.

特有の新しい瞳術がその眼に生まれたのだ
    Itachi: A peculiar new doujutsu was born in them.

ただし 瞳のやりとりは一族間でしか行えない
    Itachi: However, this trade can only be carried out among family members. (note: you could read it as "among clan members" as well, but I believe it refers to "family"; ndt)

それに この方法で誰もが新しい力を手に出来るわけではない
    Itachi: Besides, it does not mean that *anyone* can obtain a new power with this method.

これは その後の多くの犠牲者の歴史の上に築かれた事実…
    Itachi: This fact has been proved true by the numerous victims that followed...

それがこの眼のもう一つの秘密だ
    Itachi: This is the other secret of these eyes.
    It seems Itachi is describing two secrets, the eternal light and the remaining secret, a new eye technique. It wouldn't be reasonable for eternal light to be the first revelation and the other secret at the same time, imo.

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ashher View Post
    Thanks a lot jdw, that was the part i was thinking this all about at the back of my mind, but couldn't quite remember it. As you can see, in the third most literal translation, its been said that 'its a new doujutsu'. That's imo ems, not particularly any jutsu. Like sharingan is a doujutsu, byakugan and rinnegan are doujutsus...not shinra tensei, or amataresu. Shounensuki says this when i asked:

also i would like to attract your attention to the later part of this conversation of itachi, where he refers to this same as 'new power'. That should be a good enough indication that it was not any specific technique itachi was talking about, rather ems itself.
    If we go by this, then it would basically amount to (1) the light doesn't go out, and (2) the power to have the light not go out.

Or, (1) the light won't go out, and (2) it looks different from before.

I am not sure if either of these is a reasonable conclusion.

Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

7. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

First of all i think i need to apologize for attributing this confusion to 'mistranslation'. Translations are obviously decent enough, problem is with interpretation. Secondly, thanks to jdw's great posts, i guess i can see the logic behind thinking there is a new technique that comes along with EMS. At least the way kishimoto worded it, it doesn't close the door of having a new specific technique with EMS. I would just like it to be noted that the way kishimoto worded it, it won't be a contradiction if ems doesn't actually produce a new tech either.

9. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7