Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: The Liar Game Hiatus Thread

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Liar Game Hiatus Thread

Oh wow really? Where was it announced? I never expected to happen, but finally it is long as it is now?

Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

In the last Issue of Weekly Young Jump, here's the exact anouncement:

Quote Quote:
    This year's 45th issue of Shueisha's Weekly Young Jump magazine is announcing on Thursday that a second live-action film inspired by Shinobu Kaitani's Liar Game psychological thriller manga will open on March 3, 2012. Shota Matsuda (Hana Yori Dango) will reprise his lead role as the genius Akiyama, while Mikako Tabe (Kimi ni Todoke) will play the heroine Yū in a new game. The manga itself will resume in the magazine in November.
    From Animenewsnetwork

So it is finally coming back really looking forward to it!
    Last edited by naruto-niichan; October 06, 2011 at 09:45 AM.

3. Thanks 7 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems so close, yet so far I wonder if we are set for a long arc or a long revival arc and then the next main game arc, wow this truly is great news after almost a year and a half after I caught up with it. This will bring the Liar Game forum back from the dead, out of any manga Liar Game has most potential for discussion.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Galactic Tomahawk's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Great to hear, been waiting for this forever.

MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally! Can't wait to see what kinda games there is going to be

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member fanatik's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm still very skeptical about Liar Game actually resuming this time around... but a couple of sources other than the ones named above seem positive, so let's hope.

And a bit more info about the movie, if anyone's interested (I've seen neither the TV drama, or the 1st movie, so I basically have no idea what I'm translating...)

The movie starts with the financiers, who previously suffered a crashing defeat at the hands of the genius swindler Akiyama Shin'ichi and now intent on taking revenge on him, reviving the Game. The game they prepared to crash Akiyama once and for all is the Steal-a-chair/Musical Chairs (whichever's up your alley) Game. With Shinomiya Yuu (played by Tabe) participating in the Liar Game for the first time and the need to fight off the assassins the secretariat sent, an epic war of psychological warefare and crafty cheating is going to unfold before you eyes.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity alphabeta's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone knows what precise issue Liar Game comes back? Or do we know only november?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

I know myself, and I assume plenty of others, will be in need of a series re-read. It has been just too long for me to remember character names, the little intricacies and detaile et al...
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alphabeta View Post
    Does anyone knows what precise issue Liar Game comes back? Or do we know only november?
    I hope the lack of answer to this question is not indicative of no scanlation group being interested in picking up the series.
    Heavy handed/terrible story telling where there is way too much telling us what is going on rather than showing us what is going on aside, the series is more interesting than most.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Terrible? The whole thing of Liar Game is to discuss every little bit of thing that is happening, commentary from the masked men and players in every game is the setting of the story. It's the mangaka's style. I am sure some will pick it up after the hiatus, the group that scanned it before will surely will.
    Last edited by Josef K.; October 29, 2011 at 02:43 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member fanatik's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    I hope the lack of answer to this question is not indicative of no scanlation group being interested in picking up the series.
    There's no answer cause the precise date of the restart is unknown to the general public in Japan and otherwise. 'November', it says, and that's about it for now. Young Jump is a weekly magazine and usually released on Thursdays, so we can start actively wait for it next Thursday. And TDX is definitely picking Liar Game back up, so I see no reason to worry for now. We'll have a reason if, say, the publication doesn't resume by the end of November... ah, I don't even wanna think about such a gloomy scenario.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, groups will pick up the series because of the popularity, the problem is that the news for it's return is lacking as you said. No date or issue when it comes back in. It can mean at the beginning or end of November, and fans usually think it would be sooner, a general disappointment would be if it is indeed at the very end of the month. I guess in November is when the news would also be more specific.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Josef K. View Post
    Terrible? The whole thing of Liar Game is to discuss every little bit of thing that is happening, commentary from the masked men and players in every game is the setting of the story. It's the mangaka's style.
    It being his style does not make it not extremely heavy handed. Instead of being able to experience the last game as it was happening, we were told what was happening then showed. Framing along with constant and necessary narratorial commentary to tell us what is going on is terrible story telling.

Quote Originally Posted by fanatik View Post
    There's no answer cause the precise date of the restart is unknown to the general public in Japan and otherwise. 'November', it says, and that's about it for now. Young Jump is a weekly magazine and usually released on Thursdays, so we can start actively wait for it next Thursday.
    Months ahead of time they might not have a specific date, but you would expect them to have a more firm return date as it got closer. I know if I was a magazine publisher, I'd be hyping Liar Game's return in the 3-4 magazines before it came back.

Quote Originally Posted by fanatik View Post
    And TDX is definitely picking Liar Game back up, so I see no reason to worry for now.
    This is good to hear.
    Last edited by Reclaimer; October 29, 2011 at 07:31 PM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well most read Lair Game for the explanations. >.>
    Every Game is somehow explained in the end, the mangaka uses different techniques to reveal the true winners and such at the end. The last one was done indirectly to give it a more unexpected ending even to us. To keep us on the edge of the seat. We never really see what is going on because most of it is mind activity of the players. Interactions are rare.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    Months ahead of time they might not have a specific date, but you would expect them to have a more firm return date as it got closer. I know if I was a magazine publisher, I'd be hyping Liar Game's return in the 3-4 magazines before it came back.
    FYI that magazine is a weekly magazine. If it says back in November I assumes it means back in one of the issues. I am sure we will know more 1 week before.
    Last edited by orichan; October 30, 2011 at 08:56 AM.

New Reply
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast