Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Liar Game Hiatus Thread

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Moie's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Liar Game Hiatus Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Drmke View Post
    Posts that only say things like "Why isn't the chapter out yet?" or "I hate this hiatus" are nothing but spam and one-liners which hurt the overall conversation. That's all there is to it.
    Oh lol, that's not agonizing, that's just being a nuisance. Btw, was Shinobu working on another series? I've barely any time to keep up with these things anymore

Soil. Can you dig it?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Akiyama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it's called Reinoryokusha Odagiri Kyoko no Uso (Lie of the Clairvoyant Odagiri Kyoko) About a fake psychic who uses real analysis to solve mysteries, sorta like The Mentalist TV show if you know about it. I haven't watched the drama currently airing since this anime season is keeping me busy. Shinobu is is releasing a chapter every Business Jump issue, published twice a month. I liked the cover of the actress along with the manga side by side.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How long do the hiatuses last?

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    I check Young Jump's website every week. They list the contents of the series at the bottom. If there were any news about the return, I would have already posted.
    YES please keep us informed because I can't decipher Japanese. And I really want to know when the next book will be coming out! Um, and do you think you could tell me where I could find the interview in #42 (I think)with the protagonists of Liar Game in Young Jump? Thanks again.

Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

Any new specified info?

That other series sounds interesting

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello guys,

Good news! Reinoryokusha Odagiri Kyoko no Uso (Lie of the Clairvoyant Odagiri Kyoko) has been scanlated by TDX, and here's the first chapter of it: http://community.livejournal.com/tdx_manga/2884.html

Hope you guys comment and show support so that TDX will continue to scanlate more chapters of Shinobu's manga!

And perhaps this will ease the pain of waiting for Liar Game to come back

6. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

^Dunno, seems like a huge letdown from the regular liar game manga and even the roots of A. It's not something I would follow at all.... In many ways, it is not really all that different from liar game(genius person with awesome deductive capacities solves mysteries and sets traps) but that makes the manga all the less appealing since its basically ripping of the previous work.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Akiyama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

By that logic you could say LG is a rip off of One Outs, Shinobu's previous work before LG, hahaha.
    I think it's more comical and humor added, LG is always serious. This time a female gets to be the genius. Chapter 1 is just the beginning, the series can turn out to be really good.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

^I am still skeptical but if what you said about One Out is true then I might just not follow Shinobu's work after liar game lol. It would be kinda repetitive which is in turn boring....

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if this has been said or not, but isn't that series' concept the same as the one from that television show Psych? This is coming from someone who has never really seen Psych by the way !

MH's Most Fashionable Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shinsatsu's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, After this long break, I guess we will have to re-read that last exam because the next one will obviously continue some of the issues that started during the chairs competition... I'm not sure about you guys, but I almost forgot everything that happened on that island xD

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity CBlitz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

lol this is why I put the manga on hold when it went on hiatus. I caught up and now everything is still fresh in my mind. I still think the break point was a huge cliffhanger, not exactly the best place to go on hiatus. The musical chairs arc was excellent but still 2nd best compared to the smuggling game, lets see how it ends though

MH's Most Fashionable Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shinsatsu's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CBlitz View Post
    lol this is why I put the manga on hold when it went on hiatus. I caught up and now everything is still fresh in my mind. I still think the break point was a huge cliffhanger, not exactly the best place to go on hiatus. The musical chairs arc was excellent but still 2nd best compared to the smuggling game, lets see how it ends though
    I caught up a long time ago... the hiatus was so long and there are no news about the next chapter so far.
    I agree with you about the smuggling game. It was a genius idea and the way it unfolded was spectacular. The funny thing is that I remember the smuggling game but I forgot the musical chair one xD

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cerulean Flame View Post
    Good news! Reinoryokusha Odagiri Kyoko no Uso (Lie of the Clairvoyant Odagiri Kyoko) has been scanlated by TDX, and here's the first chapter of it: http://community.livejournal.com/tdx_manga/2884.html
    I read it. I thought it was awesome! I know what people are saying about it not being as captivating as Liar Game, but it was really enjoyable. The comic timing was great, and Kyoko herself sounds like a cynical optimist, rather than a "miss-know-it-all" I thought it was going to be.

Back on topic: musical chairs will forever be the game I actually started sympathizing with Yokoya. o_O That was a big WTF for me. xD

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Yanyu's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

4 hours ago, today @mangakap (the maker) on twitter posted: "今日はライアーゲームの打ち合わせ"
    and replied to this tweet: "おぉ、いよいよライアーゲーム再開ですか!!!!(google says: Oh, what liar game is resume at last or something)" with "yes"
    Although I'm not fluent or that good with Japanese, does this mean he's resuming it? *v* I do indeed hope so!

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yanyu View Post
    4 hours ago, today @mangakap (the maker) on twitter posted: "今日はライアーゲームの打ち合わせ"
    and replied to this tweet: "おぉ、いよいよライアーゲーム再開ですか!!!!(google says: Oh, what liar game is resume at last or something)" with "yes"
    Although I'm not fluent or that good with Japanese, does this mean he's resuming it? *v* I do indeed hope so!
    yeah, i think it means that it is resuming.
    you just made my day!
    Last edited by stubborn_d0nkey; February 11, 2011 at 03:54 PM.

New Reply
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast