Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: The Liar Game Hiatus Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Oberon's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Liar Game Hiatus Thread

Chapter #139 will consist of 37 pages and goes out Thursday 24!

2. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    The Viennese Pixie 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I knew there will be extra pages for this! That will allow this not only to be a transitional chapter but also something more will be added! It is good to know that we have a date and all but I still can not wait!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

what groups scan liar game? just so we can keep a look out
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

The Viennese Pixie 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well according to Mangaupdates it was the group TDX that did the last chapters. If they pick it up again it will be great, though over the years the manga has had different scan groups doing it.

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

Moderator message by: Josef K.
    I have moved the three posts over to the Liar Game Lobby thread, more suited for a general discussion.

---------- Post added November 23, 2011 at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was November 19, 2011 at 04:16 PM ----------

Ok info about the scans, from TDX scans livejournal:

Quote Quote:
    This Thursday should be an epic day. Liar Game returns with a 37 page chapter. Yes, we'll still do it. Actually, we're all eager to resume working on it. And if spoilers for ch139 surface before the actual chapter shows up, I'll post them here.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member trunterzx's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Can somebody tell me why the hiatus started in the first place? Was the author just taking a break?

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trunterzx View Post
    Can somebody tell me why the hiatus started in the first place? Was the author just taking a break?
    It's not clear...he goes on breaks frequently...this time it was supposed to be a year break, so that he could expand his team, and start working together...I dunno...what I know is that he hired 2 new assistants in the process

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

It can not be blamed on him for taking the breaks though, he wants to make the games as great as he can, unlike other manga this has to fit well into the story, not the plot but the whole game has to make sense, each little knot has to tie in well as for them to have a conclusion. This is similar to how Agatha Christie worked on her stories and novels.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Josef K. View Post
    It can not be blamed on him for taking the breaks though, he wants to make the games as great as he can, unlike other manga this has to fit well into the story, not the plot but the whole game has to make sense, each little knot has to tie in well as for them to have a conclusion. This is similar to how Agatha Christie worked on her stories and novels.
    Not to mention he still has another manga to work on... Did he take a break from that one? The "Reinoryokusha Odakiri Kyoko no Uso"

Translator/Moderator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trunterzx View Post
    Not to mention he still has another manga to work on... Did he take a break from that one? The "Reinoryokusha Odakiri Kyoko no Uso"
    That Reinouryokusha should restart next spring. Current ones are Liar Game and Winner's Circle e Youkoso (Link: MH, JumpX).

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikkih View Post
    That Reinouryokusha should restart next spring. Current ones are Liar Game and Winner's Circle e Youkoso (Link: MH, JumpX).
    Wow didn't know he was working on another one... So many mangas, how does he manage??

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Josef K. View Post
    If it was short breaks, I could agree with you, but a break as long as the one taken is not done to plan the future of the series. Yes, he could have planned 200+ chapters into the future, but that would have been a terrible tactical choice since the longer he extended the hiatus, the more likely the series flops when it returns. One month, two month breaks every so often make a lot more sense.

If I had to say, I'd say the author really isn't emotionally committed to the series. Professionally, he has to continue it, and do a good job at that, but that break just screams not caring to me.

Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

picking up new series over the break is what should scream to you he isn't in love with or fully committed to LG

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    If it was short breaks, I could agree with you, but a break as long as the one taken is not done to plan the future of the series. Yes, he could have planned 200+ chapters into the future, but that would have been a terrible tactical choice since the longer he extended the hiatus, the more likely the series flops when it returns. One month, two month breaks every so often make a lot more sense.

If I had to say, I'd say the author really isn't emotionally committed to the series. Professionally, he has to continue it, and do a good job at that, but that break just screams not caring to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoS View Post
    picking up new series over the break is what should scream to you he isn't in love with or fully committed to LG
    Yes I agree, this break was certainly not ordinary, it took one and a half year for the series to return, I do not think anyone has had a longer break in recent time? At least form the known series that I know take hiatuses a lot like Berserk and HxH. Hopefully he has the motivation as well, this break was long because of that, but I do think the quality of his manga will not drop with this return, what we will see will be a product of a good planned story that he was working on for months.

Translator/Moderator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

He might have planned to end the series back then, but the manga became popular dramas (2 seasons) and a movie. The actor who plays Akiyama's role is so popular in Japan right now that they probably wanted to make a sequel. (New Liar Game movie will be released on March 3rd, 2012.) I am not sure if his reason for restarting the series is marketing driven, but it sure makes sense for him to restart the manga now, a few months before the movie release date.

Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Vagabond's hiatus length is up there. Also you could add up all Togashi's long hiatus' for HxH and they would probably be longer.

New Reply
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast