Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: How is asuna so young?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member tenebrae's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How is asuna so young?

She was the princess in the war 20 years ago right? If so how is she only a 14/15 year old girl. I am confused and read the whole series in a day or two so maybe I missed something or maybe it has yet to be explained since alot about asuna was only explained recently.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How is asuna so young?

I assume that there was some sort of magic tied to her, and it has to do with her "nothingness" thing, which allows her to use Kanka so easily. Once she saw Gatou die, and she actually showed some sort of emotion, the magic was broken, and she begun aging normally.

It's only my theory, and there's not much backing to prove it...but it's what I think happened.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member LoneWolfx03's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

nope....she was crystalized or have been sealed (don't know who) for how many years...you know, like being frozen and the appearance won't have been changed. After that, Nagi arrived and saved Asuna.

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/mahou_...31/c284/7.html
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/mahou_...31/c284/8.html
    Last edited by LoneWolfx03; August 18, 2010 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Add more information

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^Yes, but that doesn't explain the 20 year gap where she didn't age at all.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member LoneWolfx03's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

That's what I said, Asuna was been "sealed".

For example, a mammoth was been frozen during the Ice Age. Then suddenly, the mammoth was awoken in the present year by the scientists who melted the ice.
    Another example, Aang in The Avatar was also been sealed 100 years ago and also was awoken by those two water tribe and the fire nation (am I right? Don't know The Avatar).

Meaning, Asuna was sealed possibly 20 years ago after the war and Nagi "unsealed" her. Proof?
    Asuna was young when Nagi was at his 15. (Most likely, she has the same age as Takahata. He was young also at that time).
    When Asuna was "unsealed", Nagi was now an adult and Takahata now is in his teenage age.

So possibly, Asuna may have the same age as Takahata (no wonder she likes older men).
    Not sure if I'm right but it is also a theory too.
    It only stated that Asuna is powerful through Magic Cancellation and can do Kankaho. Not in EVERYTHING!
    Last edited by LoneWolfx03; August 19, 2010 at 09:41 AM. Reason: wrong spelling

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member veron05's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm this does remind me of this post here http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...03#post1669903

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner chaosprophettk's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

That sounds good but the problem is that Asuna seems to be 100+ years old according with what the Ostia mages say on her flashback on ch 284. It also makes sense considering that on Asuna's flashback on ch 169, Albiero comments about Asuna from 20 years ago "Like me, her age can't be judge only by appearance". My theory is that she have been for many years used as a weapon, being sealed whenever not needed.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member veron05's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

yup and that post was supposed to be of what we know from when she was last awakened. Who knows how old she could be beyond that

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok ok, if Asuna is a princess so her father was the king (of the magic world, probably MM) several years ago, and Arika belong to the real family too, then could they are related? and who's younger?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member bebuxe's Avatar
    mmmm.... i can't tell??? it seems that i see trees after trees with wavying grass and a few birds...
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

All we know she is definitely 20+ human/earth/roman-calendar years old. Mentally... God knows..., and the author. A 100+~ human/earth/roman-calendar years seems to be the case, even considering the hypothesis she is not human, but has assimilated human qualities. Unless she is like Eva-chan..., but to be the key for Magia Erebia.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member oldgringo2001's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember a flashback where Nagi apologized to Asuna for taking so long. This means Nagi finally broke her out of stasis for good about ten years ago, not too long before he was "killed." And if you go back to one of the earliest flashbacks, you can see that Nagi, Takahata, and Asuna were all together in Istanbul--you can see the Blue Mosque in the background in one panel.

Akamatsu likes the Blue Mosque; he used it as a model for Kaolla Su's palace in Love Hina.

That solves the age thing: Asuna was kept in stasis until she was "needed," perhaps being brought out several times before. She could have been born centuries ago, but she would have been "on ice" for most of that time.

12. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner j_plackett1's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

wow, i never thought of this answer to Asuna's true age and i have to say this seems the most plausible theory yet,

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member bebuxe's Avatar
    mmmm.... i can't tell??? it seems that i see trees after trees with wavying grass and a few birds...
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah and remember her ability to
    Spoiler show
    naturally inhibits nature from aging her (or suck some of her essence for plants and stuff). Of course this is a theory too, due to the incongruity of her height growth and skeletal development from the time of that scene to Negi first appearance with her (which also provokes the theory of not being human).

PS. forgot to put spoiler tags on my last post. I sound creepy talking like that ^.
    Last edited by bebuxe; August 20, 2010 at 06:45 PM.

New Reply