Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35

Thread: Travel in Japan

  1. #1
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Country
    Philippines
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like

    Travel in Japan

    do you know any stores in okinawa which sells anime collectibles that are maybe naruto and school rumble related?
    Last edited by Asarii; May 04, 2012 at 10:32 PM.

  2. #2
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    okinawa japan
    Country
    Japan
    Age
    37
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Travel in Japan

    There is one over by Kadena.
    Last edited by Asarii; May 04, 2012 at 10:33 PM.
    Toy Photographer
    Okinawa Japan

  3. #3
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like

    Questions for anyone who has been / live / lived in Japan.

    Im just after some very basic japan relating to japan. Ive always been interested in japan and with only 2years left of my Apprenticeship ive saved some money and should have atleast 30k+ in 2 years time.

    So i was mainly after the basics on what jobs if any you could attain if you plan on going to japan for an extended period ie. 6months or more if your Japanese is poor. As in only can only understand Japanese at a level of Anime ( understanding what thier saying but not be able to write as of yet ) .

    Or possibly any experiences from anyone whos holidayed / Stayed in japan relating cost of staying and such.

    Any info would be greatly appreciated.

    Thankyou.

  4. #4
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member raptor02_2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    526
    Post Thanks / Like

    Travel to Japan

    Hello everyone ..

    i wonder how i travel to Japan .. ( i already talk with travel agent) i have problem ... which i choose go which city in Japan .. for me
    i want to visit History of Japan, Art of Museum , and Manga!!!
    i want to see around city and able to easily travel around city

    i hear from my friend .( not sure he is lie about that) some cities have lot of anime/manga area... ( i am very fan of Otaku)
    but i prefer to visit Japan 's best offer for me... i will planning to visit in summer 2010 ...

    What is your advice ? and what is recommend of Travel in Japan?
    If you already travel in Japan in past ... please tell me about that

    ( i already travel in past as Mexico, Spain, Italy ,and Germany..)

    my next goal travel is Japan!!

    which is best travel in cities ?
    Last edited by destiny4ever; August 23, 2010 at 12:41 PM. Reason: changed prefix.

  5. #5
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Rainier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    462
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Travel to Japan

    I only recommend you to investigate with the prizes, Japan is one of the most expensive countries. A friend of my went there a couple of months ago and she used 7,000 US Dollars.

    Also, I heard the trip was A LOT cheaper if you Road Trip Hawaii > Japan. So talk to your travel agent about that.

    Finally, good luck! Going to Japan at least once in my life is one of my goals xD

    Fricking.Awesome.

  6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  7. #6
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner `clone.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Travel to Japan

    I haven't been to Japan never ever ever, though I may be able to help you because we did some kind of unit on it. Akihabara which is an area in Tokyo, is like the 'Otaku Area' because that's where the anime, manga and computer items are sold and stuff. Kyoto is like the historical city of Japan, it has lots of shrines and is quite beautiful during the night.

    Hiroshima is yet another Japanese city to visit, obviously this is one of the cities where the atomic bomb was dropped, so it's quite historical for many people. In Hiroshima is also the peace park and some other historical buildings (Atomib Bomb Dome, etc). In Hiroshima is also the 'floating shrine', I forgot the name, but it's this big shrine that looks like it's floating during high tides.

    Erm, I hope that helps you when it comes to cities. I'll try and ask my friend who has been in Japan for any transport. I am aware though of the bullet train. ;D As for prices, I can't do that at school, but when I get home I can take a look at prices. ^^

    Be careful what you say, it affects how you think; Be careful what you think, it determines what you do;
    Be careful what you do , it determines your character; Be careful about your character, it determines your destiny.

  8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  9. #7
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Strider's♥Death's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,469
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Travel to Japan

    If you know anyone over there at all, it will save you alottttt of money by that i mean u can stay wit them ._. . Anyways, you should check out nagoya they got alot of orgasmic things there. And be sure to check out the red light districts and be sure to check out their porn shops
    Last edited by Strider's♥Death; November 09, 2009 at 09:53 PM.
    ♥♥♥Rest in Peace Nujabes♥♥♥

  10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  11. #8
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member raptor02_2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    526
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Travel to Japan

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainier View Post
    I only recommend you to investigate with the prizes, Japan is one of the most expensive countries. A friend of my went there a couple of months ago and she used 7,000 US Dollars.

    Also, I heard the trip was A LOT cheaper if you Road Trip Hawaii > Japan. So talk to your travel agent about that.

    Finally, good luck! Going to Japan at least once in my life is one of my goals xD
    Hawaii is more love spot or family spot ... i prefer to learn new cutlure or new thing for explore ... that is why i want to go Japan ( Otaku is big part reason for that hey i work to saving for that )
    i know it becuase travel agent told me but i have enough money for three week ... I expect to spend around least 5000 but She told me .. cheaper for right now ... i need set up bundle (airplane and Hotel fare) i already plan but i will make reserve for summer 2010 ... i must make reserve before Feb.2010 .. it is cheaper than last min ...

    Quote Originally Posted by `clone. View Post
    I haven't been to Japan never ever ever, though I may be able to help you because we did some kind of unit on it. Akihabara which is an area in Tokyo, is like the 'Otaku Area' because that's where the anime, manga and computer items are sold and stuff. Kyoto is like the historical city of Japan, it has lots of shrines and is quite beautiful during the night.

    Hiroshima is yet another Japanese city to visit, obviously this is one of the cities where the atomic bomb was dropped, so it's quite historical for many people. In Hiroshima is also the peace park and some other historical buildings (Atomib Bomb Dome, etc). In Hiroshima is also the 'floating shrine', I forgot the name, but it's this big shrine that looks like it's floating during high tides.

    Erm, I hope that helps you when it comes to cities. I'll try and ask my friend who has been in Japan for any transport. I am aware though of the bullet train. ;D As for prices, I can't do that at school, but when I get home I can take a look at prices. ^^
    Akihabara ... i look for that webiste .. it is nice... I will use bullet train for that .. i will plan to visit Hiroshima ..because so many historical building .. i hope i will room hotel from Hiroshima ... becuase it is very popular vaction spot ... i need to make sure call room for me in summer ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Strider's♥Death View Post
    If you know anyone over there at all, it will save you alottttt of money by that i mean u can stay wit them ._. . Anyways, you should check out nagoya they got alot of orgasmic things there. And be sure to check out the red light districts and be sure to check out their porn shops
    hehe i am not sure Red Light ... i must going to there but it is legal? i dont want caught by red hand or police .

    i wish i know anybody in Japan but i have to pay hotel ..
    Nagoya ... i dont know that... i will research it ..( Travel Agent laugh at me becuase i am Otaku and Seeker Red Light Districts) ..

    Thank you for advice .. i will let you know it .. ( i will planning to photo in summer ..

  12. #9
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner `clone.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Travel to Japan

    Yeah, I asked my friend, and she told me that bullet train is the main form of transport that they used (and also walking). I can go look for hotels in Japan. ^^ Also, it can get VERY hot during spring and summer, so yeah. xD

    Be careful what you say, it affects how you think; Be careful what you think, it determines what you do;
    Be careful what you do , it determines your character; Be careful about your character, it determines your destiny.

  13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  14. #10
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Reminiscence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    19
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Travel to Japan

    Bullet train is only for long distances, methinks. They're pretty expensive... or at least, maybe that's just 'cause I rode it from I-don't-remember-where to Kyuushuu. JR Trains are the more normal mode of transportation.

    http://www.forbes.com/2009/07/06/mos...ily-costs.html
    Tokyo is the most expensive city to live in. Good luck. 8D

    Traveling/staying with friends?

  15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  16. #11
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Rainier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    462
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Travel to Japan

    No no, I mean like, in your flight, if you make one stop in Hawaii you will save a lot of money.

    Fricking.Awesome.

  17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  18. #12
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Gecko Moria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Peppermint Palace
    Country
    New Zealand
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Travel to Japan

    Japan...paradise
    I went to Japan this year on a school trip and, quite frankly, I found the place to be absolutely spectacular.

    Tokyo and Akihabara especially is definitely the place you want to go if you're into gizmos, gadgets and anime stuff. My friends and I somehow found ourselves in a ten-storey anime shop. That's ten floors of otaku goodness! Only problem was that the price of everything was quite...exorbitant. Therefore, I recommend you go to a BIC CAMERA (a chain of these massive electronical department stores), for electronics and anime. However, Akihabara is still a must-go.

    You also want to be sure to ride the Shinkansen (sleek, super-fast train) at least once, it's amazing.

    However, Japan also has many interesting historical places that it would be a shame to miss. For example, Kyoto, Japan's ancient capital: that's a place where you can find some of the most famous temples in Japan and it's just a generally pleasant place.

    Also, I was surprised (and I'm sure you will be too) at the extremely cleanliness of the streets. You honestly can't find a single scrap of rubbish anywhere. That being said, there were also no public rubbish bins, which I thought was a bit odd.


    Thanks to ~Coffee~ for the avatar and signature.
    Everything is possible: The impossible just takes longer.

    One Piece|Gecko is bored, go post something~|The Tennis Thread

  19. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  20. #13
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member raptor02_2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    526
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Travel to Japan

    Quote Originally Posted by `clone. View Post
    Yeah, I asked my friend, and she told me that bullet train is the main form of transport that they used (and also walking). I can go look for hotels in Japan. ^^ Also, it can get VERY hot during spring and summer, so yeah. xD
    finally . i got info from another travel agent ..best time for me .. Dont worry about Hotels ... I already planning to get Hotel before Spring Break...

    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiscence View Post
    Bullet train is only for long distances, methinks. They're pretty expensive... or at least, maybe that's just 'cause I rode it from I-don't-remember-where to Kyuushuu. JR Trains are the more normal mode of transportation.

    http://www.forbes.com/2009/07/06/mos...ily-costs.html
    Tokyo is the most expensive city to live in. Good luck. 8D

    Traveling/staying with friends?
    no i travel myself for Japan .. My friend back out in last moment ... >.... I will might ask my brother for go it ?? i am not sure ..
    My travel agent said .. i need to buy travel ticket rather than dailly ticket ..for Train (not bullet Train) i need to buy different ticket for bullet train
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainier View Post
    No no, I mean like, in your flight, if you make one stop in Hawaii you will save a lot of money.
    oh i understand .. you mean route to Planes .. I know that .. I need to travel from Texas then LA then Hawaii then Japan .. you mean that ?? i really hate stop by Route but it is cheaper then .. I dont want to stop .. i want to one travel .. ( i know it is more cost for me )
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko Moria View Post
    Japan...paradise
    I went to Japan this year on a school trip and, quite frankly, I found the place to be absolutely spectacular.

    Tokyo and Akihabara especially is definitely the place you want to go if you're into gizmos, gadgets and anime stuff. My friends and I somehow found ourselves in a ten-storey anime shop. That's ten floors of otaku goodness! Only problem was that the price of everything was quite...exorbitant. Therefore, I recommend you go to a BIC CAMERA (a chain of these massive electronical department stores), for electronics and anime. However, Akihabara is still a must-go.

    You also want to be sure to ride the Shinkansen (sleek, super-fast train) at least once, it's amazing.

    However, Japan also has many interesting historical places that it would be a shame to miss. For example, Kyoto, Japan's ancient capital: that's a place where you can find some of the most famous temples in Japan and it's just a generally pleasant place.

    Also, I was surprised (and I'm sure you will be too) at the extremely cleanliness of the streets. You honestly can't find a single scrap of rubbish anywhere. That being said, there were also no public rubbish bins, which I thought was a bit odd.
    i will planning to visit but main two reasons are Historical and Otaku ...
    My family call me crazy about stuff ( my family like it anyway)
    my brother is fan of Otaku but not similar to me.... hehe

    My friend told me .. he went to Japan in last several month ago ... He is piss off because he can't afford some palce ...but he is happy to visit Historical ....

    I hope it will enjoy trip for me ( maybe my brother) ...

  21. #14
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity DARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,870
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Travel to Japan

    If there was any one place outside the United States I would want to go, it'd be Japan. I find their culture to be unique and amazing (both historic and modern).

  22. #15
    MH's Peacemaker 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Leen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    6th Squad's Manor
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,853
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Travel to Japan

    I went to Akihabara last summer. It was amazing.
    I was also really lucky because I was actually on a transit stop using JAL international flight. So the airline covered my lodging for a night in a 5-star Nikko Hotel.

    I spent a couple hours wandering around in Akihabara alone with only a map. I was lost, went into a soba and udon shop, and could only said "Watashiwa doko desu?" ^__^ The oba-san took out a pen and helped marked the place where I was. I had the most pleasing meal in Japan (udon, rice, chicken, egg) and headed back to the train station after a while.

    Wonderful wonderful experience in Akihabara. There are tonnes of electronics around for all you geeks.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts