Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: Noble and lesser noble families

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member conn-man's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Noble and lesser noble families

I saw that there was some conversation and confusion about the noble families of soul society in another thread so i though i would post all i know and questions about them i think will need to be answered later on.

there where 5 noble famlies all together. the kuchiki, shihoin and shiba have been relvealed as three and two stil remain anonymous.

we also know of 5 lesser noble families, the omaeda family which seem to have been hinted at as being very rich. the kira and ukitake families which are pretty much unknown other than their respective characters. the kyoraku family which i remember reading in volume extras where a well known martial arts family and the family soifon came from which are breed to be ninjas for the special ops and shihoin familiy.

now the questions

for the kuchiki, how did byakuyas parents die? they seem to have died at the same time so i would guess it was either murder or an accident. another question is who was the person byakuya killed with senkei? possibly the person who killed his parents?

the shihoin family, i remember reading once that they are refered to as the house of godly gears, this would make sense since they seem to be inventors of incredible technology, two different flying devices and somthing that can destroy the soukyoku. we need to know uraharas interactions with them and whether or not they are the reason he plays such an influential role in the plot. and why they didnt fall from grace when yoruichi abandoned them and soulsociety.

and the shiba, how did they loose their nobiltiy? i feel like it had to be an extreme event since loosing the head of the family doesnt even seem to do it. possibly it will be the event that took kukakus arm. and the big question, do issin and ichigo have connections to them? it seems likely and unlikley at the same time but maybe something involving issin will bring us back to why they lost their nobility.

all in all i think that in order to learn more about the royal realm we will need to learn more about the noble families first and when that happens we will get some of these questions answered.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noble and lesser noble families

I think another noble family has to be the Kurosaki's

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we would have heard something about kurosaki being a noble house just about the second ichigo stepped in SS if that was the case. IMHO kurosaki is masaki's last name and ishin took it rather than masaki taking ishin's last name. Kurosaki is nothing but a measly human family name.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member niblack89's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Byakuya stated that bankai is rare to achieve even so in the Nobel families. Ichigo's growth rate made his achieve bankai with relive ease. Issin as we can tell seems to have been a captain or royal Gard and seems to be very power as he is going head to head with Aizen.

Ichigo seems to have natural strength power is given to him similar to Byakuya, you have a few cases like Hitsugaya and Gin but they didn't have parents that were powerful soul reapers like Ichigo and Shihouin.

We saw that 100 years ago Byakuya's grand father was captain. I was wondering was Byakuya's father as powerful, could he achieve bankai? I would assume that he was never Captain, I would assume that Byakuya took over the 6th Division after his grandfather since his father isn't a captain.

Looking at the shiba clan Ganju doesn't seem to be all that powerful he doesn't even have a zampacto, Kaien was powerful but not like someone of Byakuya he was vice captain rank. He didn't have Bankai, Kūkaku she seems powerful performing a blast spell 63 even though she had to say the incantations she even has what looks like a zampacto, she must have lost her arm and it must have been blown up because re attaching limbs seems to be as easy as giving stitches.

Shihouin clan seems to still be in power even though Yoruichi went a wall. There are two things I want to know how did soifon take here place if only the Shihouin clan becomes the leader on squad 1. Two who has been taken over the Shinhouin clan? It seem the leader of the clans have to be powerful and take over a captains squad.

I also wonder if Issin left his clan and did unspeakable act in marrying a human. Byakuya married out side the Nobel family and it was stated he broke the law. I would assume that being with a human has even more of a disgrace than a lowly soul. There are too many similarities between Ganju and Issan the nose, the cheek line the eyes, the way they act even the way Ichigo looks exactly like Kaien with black hair.
    Last edited by niblack89; April 12, 2010 at 02:06 PM.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

kaien was kinda reluctant to get promotions though, I doubt his rank reflected his power level. I don't think he had power comparable to that of a captain though, I would think he was somewhere in between VC and captain level. I would think kaien would utterly trash any of the current VCs.

Ganju doesn't seem that weak though. He is remarably young and in spite of not having official shinigami training he still is capable of fighting on par of above elite shinigami such as seated officers. Obviously ganji's power would be insignificant in the grand scheme of things were even captain level power is fodder -such as situations where you fight dudes like aizen or yama- but in a less grander scale ganju would be among the elite. Just remember the guy took on yumichikai -VC level guy- and a number of other nameless shinigami -this without not much effort on his part-. Ganju was seen as merely a kid in a flashback where he was shown kaien's dead body, he is probably younger than even hitsugaya.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel like Kuukaku and Ganju would have at least VC potential if they went through the shinigami academy since without any shinigami training they can both use kidou of sorts.

One of you said that Ganju didn't even have a zanpakutou, that's completely understandable. It's standard for one to be issued a zanpakutou in the shinigami academy. The only shinigami we know of having a zanpakutou prior to shinigami academy (discounting Ichigo) is Kenpachi, who has just a generic looking beat up sword, but according to Zangetsu, there is a zanpakutou soul that resides within, simply Kenpachi is too obcessed with his power alone to hear its cries.

Anyways, I feel like Shiba clan lost some of it's nobility since they no longer had any of the family in the shinigami. Kaien was a genius of almost the same caliber as Gin and Hitsugaya (finished the academy in 2 years, Gin and Hitsu in 1 year), so had he had time to progress he likely would have had captain potential.

Shihouin clan apparently was still noble at the time, but Soi Fon stated that if Yoruichi and the shihouin clan shield thing (used to take down sogyoku) were found aiding the cause of the ryoka, the clan would lose nobility. However, since the ryoka intentions were were right in the end, I'm guessing it didn't lose nobility.

Kuchiki family is obviously still a noble family. Ginrei was a captain 100 years ago, and Byakuya is a captain now, so they don't look like they will be losing nobility. There was the issue of Byakuya marrying somebody of non-noble blood, but they still seem to be one of the top noble classes as Byakuya still walks around with the attitude that he is superior.
    Current Theories/Beliefs for Bleach:
    -Barragan and Halibel arn't goners yet-Confirmed
    -Ukitake has an absorb and redirect type shikai (think baby nel vs. Dardonii's cero)-Confirmed
    -The VL army/group that Aizen supposedly has doesn't exist-Pending/Waiting for confirmation on Wonderweiss
    -The Vizards have ulterior motives, by ulterior I mean they arn't just going to be goody-two-shoes and help out the SS that betrayed them just to get back at Aizen-Pending

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Ganju did carry a funny sword, dunno if it was a zampakuto though. I would think a zampakuto is not something which you would have to be issued in order to have one though.

BTW, where was it said hitsu graduated the academy in 1 year?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

nice to see my thread finally got some hits

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Ganju did carry a funny sword, dunno if it was a zampakuto though. I would think a zampakuto is not something which you would have to be issued in order to have one though?
    ganju had an interesting little blade weapon, it was like a hatchet mixed with a sword, i would imagine it has a proper name.

if ichigo and issin do indeed turn out to have ties toi the shiba then the story would have to bring kukaku and ganju back in. kukaku seeems like she has the ptential to atleast be low tier captain level, and ganju has the potential to be stronger next time we see him, better techniques involving earth manipulation maybe? because fireworks wont cut it at this stage.

i think the shiba have a big mystery to still show us, i still think something crazy made them loose nobility that they all must have taken part in. with the shiouin, yoruichi abandoned them to help urahara escape and he was accused of basicly killing 4 captains and 4 vice captains. if that doesnt drop a families nobility then i dont know what else could.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm surprised no one has yet to still think about one of the other two families. Hello....Yamamoto Shigekuni Genryusai? Did anyone think maybe oh I dunno, he's from a noble family? Just a thought.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

^People have been suggested the possibility of yamamoto being a member of the 4 noble families for many years now. Thing is, there is no real evidence to make an argument in favor of that.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

thats the first i've heard about yamamoto potentially being from nobility, based on his gruff personality i might not guess that myself.

does anyone else have any idea who else might be from the two unknown families? maybe unohana, we still dont know a single thing about her past.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

What bout Aizen...could be a disgraced family..and he on rampage from been kicked out n doesnt like how the SS are upselfs abit n bend law.. also nobles ment to have higher reistu then normal shinigami ..

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I think there was an omake that implied aizen was a human once. The one with hitsugaya's birthday and whatnot.

New Reply