Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: What did they do to her?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Raped her

32 43.24%
  • Beat her

15 20.27%
  • Stole her soul

34 45.95%
  • Other (explain)

5 6.76%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What did they do to Rangiku?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

What did they do to Rangiku?

Hey guys,

I was hoping that we would get more info on what those men actually did to Rangiku, but it doesn't seem like we will get more info on that flashback...

http://www.cloudmanga.com/Bleach/415/

I read a bit on forums, and a lot of people are thinking that she got raped...
    I think it's really unlikely...

It's possible, but Kubo usually doesn't go that far...
    At worst, I think they beat her up...

Still makes me wonder why they did it, though?

Apparently, Aizen and his men took something from her...
    People are saying that this might be because they needed her soul for Aizen's Hogyouku.

But, if that was the case, shouldn't she be dead?
    I mean... in Soul Society... the Shinigami are pretty much only a soul, right?

So, if they get their soul taken, shouldn't they die?

What do you guys think?

PS:
    I think the answer lies in the lower-center panels, where we see the man holding something in his hand.
    What is it? Is it Rangiku's soul?!

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did they do to Rangiku?

Part of her soul was taken to create Aizens Hougyoku unknown to Gin that his was a failure maybe he merged it with uraharas Houg. the houg is created from hollow n shinigami souls but not all of it just the part with abilitys...and knowing Aizen he took abliltys from everyone in gotei 13

there is no chance of a rape storyline ..kubo wont even kill good guys or a town so no chance he do a rape plot.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, rape is not in KT's style. She probably tried to put up a fight against those Generic Shinigami guys so they wouldn't take her soul but she lost. Maybe she tried to protect someone but. Or maybe they just took smile out of her face and Gin was trying to get i back , but I'm 100% sure that violation was not involved. But we can be almost sure that she is not very special, cause her soul didn't satisfy Hog.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Xerneas's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

...Nobody's soul satisfied that thing. Only another Hogyoku did. I dunno how you can say she's not special when she had part of her soul (potential) stolen and still managed to become a VC. If she got it back she would probably be Captain level. Anyway I thought she was raped before this chapter, but Kubo made it pretty clear what really happened, and it wasn't that. Her stock has gone up a lot in my eyes cause I thought she was a loser before (Momo put her to shame against Halibabes).

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member sojiroseta98's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

dont u just love how Kubo will not allow death amongst the good guys (even something brutal like what Gin did to Hiyori) and yet Mr. Kubo sees no issue with hinting at RAPE in his manga for teens...talk about some messed up sense of logic

but hey as long as there's no gruesome deaths....a lil rape here and there never hurt anybody lol......oh man wow (thats sarcasm by the way i'm not that kind of sicko)
    "You can tame a dog with food, you can tame a person with money, but nothing can tame a miburo"
    "A man who can't uphold his beliefs is pathetic dead or alive."

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

So there are a lot of people (42% right now) who think she was raped?
    That's a lot more than I thought!

I wonder if we'll get the answer tomorrow, or after Aizen vs Ichigo's fight.
    I think that Gin might not be dead yet and that he might still have some word between Rangiku and him...
    We might get to know the story then.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member sojiroseta98's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    So there are a lot of people (42% right now) who think she was raped?
    That's a lot more than I thought!
    tho i did vote on the rape (lol), i really doubt any of us believe she was raped...this is Shonen not Seinen.....but i for one jus want to entertain the fact that Kubo is a sick man....and we'll never kno what he himself intended it to be....due to the audience that Bleach is directed at......but i'm almost positive he put that in there on purpose to mess with us....i honnestly doubt there'll be anything further on that...unless somehow Rangiku becomes a more main character....or Gin comes back somehow.....otherwise i think Kubo's twisted mind jus want to F**** with us (those who caught it of course) i think he just wanted to insert a lil R rating into his otherwise extremely PG anime to check if we're still paying attention lol

if he ever gets asked this question in interview you can be sure he'll give a politically correct answer...or something vague like 'up for interpretation'
    Last edited by sojiroseta98; August 24, 2010 at 07:31 PM.
    "You can tame a dog with food, you can tame a person with money, but nothing can tame a miburo"
    "A man who can't uphold his beliefs is pathetic dead or alive."

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member feisu-chan's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

the first time i read that panel, i thought rangiku was raped. That panel was so vague, yet suggestive that something that worse happened to her. I voted rape in the poll. However, I also agree that Kubo wouldn't go that far, and given that the rape thing is a sensitive issue, I don't think he wanted to put that in his Shounen manga.

Hopefully, next chapter we can get clearer answers. My second theory is that she was one of those that Aizen had experimented upon. Not all of her soul was taken, but probably just a part. She might be that tough so she had survived. And yes, I think this is a foreshadowing of a deeper story about Rangiku... or not... but yes, whatever the outcome of Rangiku and Gin's past would somehow be of a weighty factor in the storyline.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner undyingstorm's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Im guessing it was rape since its so vague. It'll probably never be touched upon, so kubo probably wants us to use our imagination.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity hakuthehedgehog's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

First I laughed at stole her soul option, and chose rape instead, but I think the more logical option is that part of her soul was taken, or that somebody close to her was killed to be offered for the Hogyoku.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member p1xel's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Aizen just beat her,beacuse i can`t think of other options in the pool...and i can`t imagine something better.Kubo doesn`t surprise us too many times,so just choose the easiest way.
    Though maybe it is somehow connected to the hougyoku experiments...i hope we`ll see the truth in the next chapter.

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

He used his hogyouku on her >.>

He was using his incomplete hogyouku to extract the souls of shinigami/people with high reiatsu in an attempt to activate it. She happened to survive.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arceus View Post
    ...Nobody's soul satisfied that thing. Only another Hogyoku did. I dunno how you can say she's not special when she had part of her soul (potential) stolen and still managed to become a VC. If she got it back she would probably be Captain level. Anyway I thought she was raped before this chapter, but Kubo made it pretty clear what really happened, and it wasn't that. Her stock has gone up a lot in my eyes cause I thought she was a loser before (Momo put her to shame against Halibabes).
    I don't think that's quite how it works lol..... Not to mention in bleach there is the concept of a soul's soul, if we are dealing with that then it might not be as simple as you think. Actually, that'd make even more sense considering the orb does transcend the ordinary physics of SS.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    He used his hogyouku on her >.>

He was using his incomplete hogyouku to extract the souls of shinigami/people with high reiatsu in an attempt to activate it. She happened to survive.
    Not so sure that is how that went. Aizen's orb was not dormant, it was incomplete or something along the lines of that. The seal the orb had came after it was completed.
    Last edited by kkck; August 26, 2010 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't really mean dormant, Aizen only said it was a failure. In chapter 416 he said he presented it with the souls of shinigami and rukongai residents with shinigami talent but it still wasn't satisfied. Given the context in chapter 415 of Aizen using the hogyouku on shinigami and then a collapsed Rangikuku my best guess is her power was extracted, presented to the hogyouku before Aizen used it on his minions.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

i think rangiku saw them and ask for food so that she can give that food to gin because gin is stubborn on that time and then thats why gin wants to become a shinigami to protect rangiku and to feed them both

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast