Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 756 by cnet128 , Bleach 592 by cnet128
New Reply

Thread: Jumbor by Takei Hiroyuki

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Jumbor by Takei Hiroyuki

Jumbor
    By: Takei Hiroyuki
    Genre: Mecha, Sci-Fi
    Serialized In: Ultra Jump
    mangaupdates

Genber Diode, representative of the World Constriction Project disrupts a gathering of world leaders to announce plans to destroy capitalist society and construct a new world using the mysterious heavy machinery mechas called Jumbor. What are the Jumbor, who is the World Construction Project, and what are their plans for the new world? A rewrite of Takei's canceled Jumbor series from Weekly Jump, rebooted for Ultra Jump.

By the mangaka of Shaman King and Ultimo
    Last edited by Kaiten; August 20, 2010 at 01:57 AM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Scanlator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member andysislands's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [New] Jumbor by Takei Hiroyuki

(And here I was going to make a topic later tonight... beat me to it)

This chapter took forever to do. So many, many hours. Hopefully you all enjoy it!

We'll be releasing a HQ cover for Ultra Jump for the Aug issue at some point too. There is a couple other extras too (like the Baru Bowl!), and we might do something with that soon too.

Ultra Jump for this month has been shipped, we'll be working on it early next week. Hopefully a bit faster this next time around!

Upcoming Chapter Info:
    Jumbor Chapter 2: 52 pages long
    Jumbor Chapter 3: Color page (maybe cover too?)
    That huge Hiroyuki Takei fan, who's has been around for a long, long time....

4. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ¬Bol's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I have just read the first chapter, I liked it a lot. The plot seems really good.
    °__°

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

After some delay... Jumbor Chapter 2 is released! Yay!
    http://www.mankin-trad.net/news/jumb...-released.html

Since team member BadS had too much time on his hands he did a full SFX page, the ads in the margins, and a partially translated TOC. If you want us to keep doing them, let us know in the comments in the link above (no registration needed, just don't sound like a bot).

We'll keep going with Chapter 3 (cover only, no color page). But even if we are falling behind a bit, it's ok. We got a plan. And we are also doing some of Takei's latest interviews as well. So, look forward to those as well!

7. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you a lot andysislands and mankin-trad

I enjoyed chapter 2 a lot. I can't understand that WSJ readers haven't give this a chance. The art aside, the story isn't a copy paste from shaman king. The first two chapters gave us an impression of what story and action we may expect. I liked the second chapter more than the first one because it gave a decent explanation about Genber, Jumborite, etc...

Love this a lot too
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jumbor by Takei Hiroyuki

Why aren't people reading and discussing this? I always find it strange that this manga is in a seinen magazine while you have the feeling that you are reading a shounen from WSJ (yeah, his previous work shaman king was part of it)...

The EM design on that double page was awesome. I like the details in all that machinery and I definitely look forward to this fight. I don't expect it to be difficult, I expect this fight as an opportunity to see the potential of Baru the shovel. Great reading but sadly only monthly
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, some people might not be reading it since it wasn't picked up by the big online readers. Of course Mankin-Trad has fast downloads and ad free, full scale online reading on the website... But whatever.

Two mistakes were cleanned up, and a version 2 of Chapter 3 is up on the site.

We are a little bit behind, but we will catch up soon. Jumbor volume 1 comes out next week, and there should be some info on Shaman King Nation sometime after that. So everybody should go out and buy it (you are already on the internet, so... you are almost there!). I am!

Also, a sort of spoiler, but not really. Chapter 5 is looking to be the best Jumbor chapter Takei has ever done. Just saying, it's looking good ahead for those who are reading it now!

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, so it's been a while since I did a Jumbor chapter. And Jumbor chapter 5 is finally out. So we are a bunch of chapters behind, but that's fine. We'll be working on these chapters in-between our Shaman King Flowers releases. It gets really good once we get around chapter 15 or so, and it maintains it's strength to it's current chapter (29). Ultimo has been going down hill for a while, but Jumbor got stronger, which is good.

So hopefully monthly releases for Jumbor... but Dit can only do so much in a month. (If you want to translate Jumbor, let me know!)

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome! Can't express how happy I am to see this series get picked up again.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So did you guys drop this...? Again...? I was really looking forward to reading it finally.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nope, not dropped. We are just focusing on our Shaman King Flowers releases first. Chapter 6 is in process, it just takes a bit longer to clean since we are still using the Ultra Jump scans. We'll be swapping to the volume scans in the next few chapters, which should speed up that process. Plus I'll be trying some other stuff to speed up our releases. Hopefully that works out!

Don't worry, the only time we drop something is when it get licensed in English.

New Reply