Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Akagami no Shirayukihime

Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity segua's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Akagami no Shirayukihime

Title:Akagami no Shirayukihime a.k.a. Red-Hair Princess Snow White, Red-Hair Snow White Princess or Red-Hair Snow White
    Genres:Shoujo, Comedy, Fantasy, Romance
    Author: Akizuki Sorata
    Artist: Akizuki Sorata
    Publication: Hakusensha (Serialized in LaLa DX)
    Start Date: 2007
    End Date: Ongoing
    Number of chapters at review: 18
    Number of chapters read by reviewer: 18

General Overview:
    A girl with red hair, named Shirayuki, has attracted the attention of the local prince. Wanting to make her his own, the local prince sent his messager to tell Shirayuki to prepare herself. Knowing full well of how lewd the local prince was, Shirayuki decide to flee into the neighboring country. That is, until she stumbled upon a certain someone.

Category Ratings: (1-10 scale)

Art: 10

The art style is very elegant. As simplistic looking as it is, there are a lot of details.

The line art is superb. The layout out is well organized. Each character seems to be consistent in that their proportions are well drawn.

Of course being a shoujo manga, there are a lot of young characters.

Plot: 8

The story started out a bit hasty for my taste. But after the first few chapters, things started to pace out well. I'm just surprised as how much details has been provide in just 18 chapters. Akizuki Sorata sure did do a good job of building up the plot. I'm sure that if the author had wanted, she could've ended the story in chapter 17.

Characters: 8

The story built up the characters well. Through the interactions, it helped revealed how each character were like. Again, I'm just surprised at how much details the story dished out within these first 18 chapters.

Theme: 10

The desire of people cannot be underestimated nor hidden. It'll be there however faint it might be. This makes verbal communication difficult at times because one doesn't know how to properly convey emotions through words. As clumsy as we are, we do things that appears naively.

Originality: 7

Somehow, I'm kind of noticing that there has been a couple manga that seems to make red-haired woman play a significant role. One example would be Nakaba from Reimei no Arcana and Kushina from Naruto.

The beginning sort of reminded me of the story of Snow White on the poison apple. Interesting how Shirayuki and Snow White share a the same name eh? (No dwarves?) The role was a bit switched between the princess and the prince.

Overall: 10

Delightful read. The beginning was sort of awkward because it was too quick. From chapter one onward, the story panned itself out pretty well.

I would recommend it for those looking for a light-hearted novel.

Spoiler: Scenes from Akagami no Shiroyuki show
    Last edited by segua; June 21, 2010 at 07:35 AM.

(Please read from right to left.)

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Kimai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Akagami no Shirayukihime

this manga is really worth to be read i tell you...

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply