Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Thread: J-Music Hangout / The J- Music Show

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The J-Music Show!

First of all, I would like to apologize for the problems and the inconveniences caused by the previous poll. Gomen guys!

I’ve created a new one, here’s the new link. Thank you for your patience and understanding! And may the best J-song win!!
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Chibi Onihime 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Iceiphoenix's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok~ I voted on the new poll now, and it worked!

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Here are some news about the J-Music world:

Ranking of J-rock bands voted by Recochoku users

by Shiso

Recochoku held a survey in which they asked, “Which J-rock band do you think of as God?”, and the results were just recently announced.

1: X JAPAN

2: L’Arc~en~Ciel

3: B’z

4: UVERworld

5: RADWIMPS

6: BUMP OF CHICKEN

7: ELLEGARDEN

8: Janne Da Arc

9: GLAY

10: BOΦWY

Source: BARKS

Miyavi Collaborates With Good Charlotte Japanese entertainment
    Thanks to xaosmx and idolvk for the info! Source: natalie, tg

From JpopAsia

Miyavi is making a guest appearance on a song by American pop-punk band Good Charlotte, it has been learned. The song is "Like It's Her Birthday" from the band's upcoming album "Cardiology," which goes on sale in Japan on October 27, ahead of the U.S. release. On September 7, the song will be available as a digital single in Japan.

Good Charlotte apparently has a lot of respect for Japan, so they were looking for a cool artist to collaborate with. Their record label's staff recommended Miyavi after seeing his concert in New York, so the band's members watched his concert videos and went to a live performance. They decided to go forward with the collaboration, and on August 26, Good Charlotte and Miyavi met in person for the first time in Tokyo.

Miyavi remarked that he was initially offered just to do a solo part, but he ultimately ended up doing the whole song. He also expressed his desire to work with Good Charlotte again, if an opportunity arises.

Details of Miyavi's new album "WHAT'S MY NAME?" were also revealed on Friday.

BoA To Star In Hollywood Dance Film Korean entertainment
    Thank to xaosmx and Mikii for the info! Source: boashouse.com

From JpopAsia

BoA will be making a surprise appearance on a Korean drama titled "Athena: Goddess of War," which is a spin off of the hit drama "Iris." In the episode which will be filmed in mid-August, BoA will star as a singer who gets taken hostage by terrorists while preparing for a show in Japan. Jung Woo Sung acts a guide for BoA who is a charismatic top tier celebrity in Japan. Athena is a high budget drama comparable to Iris and is shot in places like Japan and Europe. Taking part in an episode with top Korean actors and actresses including Cha Seung Won and Soo ae, this may provide a glimpse into BoA's role as main protagonist in her Hollywood dance film.

Versailles’ New Official Member And New Single

Thanks to xaosmx and Uruhaversailles for the info! Source: shatteredtranq,ohp

From JpopAsia

It seems that after Versailles’ tour final yesterday on Shibuya C.C. Lemon Hall the band has got a new official member. His name is masashi and he has been acting as a support bassist for few months now. masashi used to be a member of such bands like ALPHA, Ash, RED Carpet and CODE, but lately he has been mainly supporting Versailles and kozi.

Furthermore, the band is going to release a new single on October 27th. It will be entitled 「DESTINY-The Lovers-」and will come in 3 types. All types will include the same CD with 3 songs, but will differ when it comes to bonus.

The DVD tracklists:
    ★ Limited Type A:
    1. 愛と哀しみのノクターン (Ai to Kanashimi no Nocturne)
    2. Amorphous
    3. 月下香 (Gekkakou)
    4. Serenade
    5. ASCENDEAD MASTER
    6. God Palace
    The live footage comes from Versailles World Tour 2010 “Method of Inheritance”-JUBILEE- at JCB Hall (2010.4.30)
    ★ Limited Type B:
    1. DESTINY-The Lovers- PV

To pre-order the single and support the band:
    ⇒ 「DESTINY-The Lovers-」[w/ DVD, Limited Edition / Type A] (2500 yen)
    ⇒ 「DESTINY-The Lovers-」[w/ DVD, Limited Edition / Type A] (1500 yen)
    ⇒ 「DESTINY-The Lovers-」[Regular Edition] (2500 yen)

ORANGE announces more tour dates & album info

by Novaforever

Rock group ORANGE RANGE had previously released their tour dates for the “ORANGE RANGE LIVE TOUR 010-011 ~orcd~” that will act to promote their new album, but now they have finally released the second half of their schedule.

The concert tour will start in Okinawa on November 17th and will tour the country once before turning around and touring again for an additional 26 concert halls. Big fans can attempt to get tickets ahead of the general public on September 13th, when a lottery will be held through the official site.

Besides releasing the full tour information, ORANGE RANGE also revealed the full track list for their upcoming album, “orcd.” The new release will come out on October 20th and will have many of their new singles on it, such as “Utourusanu, ” “ya ya ya,” and their Orion Special X CM song, “Five Mic.” It will also contain a bonus limited song of “Koi no Merry go Round ~Sekai Metsubou Ver~“, bringing the total tracks on the album up to 12. The limited edition version will come with a DVD that features the PVs for “Utourusanu,” ya ya ya,” and “Insane.”

ORANGE RANGE「orcd」Track List:
    01. ya ya ya
    02. giga palooza
    03. Utourusanu
    04. Gekkaraifu (月花雷符)
    05. Konya wa tonight
    06. Ima Sugu My way
    07. Kaze Tomorazu
    08. Koi no Merry go Round ~Sekai Metsubou ver.~
    09. 2 Getsu Bori no Holiday
    10. Sakura
    11. Insane
    12. Five Mic

“ORANGE RANGE LIVE TOUR 010-011 ~orcd~” Live Hall Tour Pt. 2:

Spoiler show

Source: Natalie

175R to stop their activities as a group
    by Shiso

The four member rock band, 175R (Inago Rider), has announced on the 6th that they will stop their activities as a group after their live concerts in December. They said on their official site, “We have decided to take a break from group activities after the live concerts in 2010. None of the members are negative about this. Next month, it will be the 12th year since our debut, so it’s time for each member to improve ourselves. We have not decided when to come back or anything, but we only have gratitude for you. Thank you so much.”

They also say that this is not a case of disbandment, and even if each member goes on to participate in individual activities, they will still be active as a member of 175R.

Their “last” live concerts will be held in four different cities, and the schedule is below:

175R『Thank you!Hello! TOUR 2010』

12/16 Tokyo – SHIBUYA-AX
    12/21 Nagoya – E.L.L
    12/27 Osaka – BIG CAT
    12/28 Fukuoka – DRUM Be-1

Source: Oricon Style
    Last edited by destiny4ever; September 06, 2010 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post

by Shiso

Recochoku held a survey in which they asked, “Which J-rock band do you think of as God?”, and the results were just recently announced.

No surprise that X Japan is on top, I guess, though I never really liked any of their songs :x I'm kinda sad that abingdon boys school isn't anywhere on this list >< But a big YAY for UVERworld!! \o/ I'm excited to see if the Gundam 00 tie-up for "Qualia" can bring them their second ever weekly #1 just like it did for "Hakunaku mo Towa no Kanashi" *crosses fingers*

I voted for HOWLING in the poll

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Your best Friend 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by saladesu View Post
    No surprise that X Japan is on top, I guess, though I never really liked any of their songs :x I'm kinda sad that abingdon boys school isn't anywhere on this list >< But a big YAY for UVERworld!! \o/ I'm excited to see if the Gundam 00 tie-up for "Qualia" can bring them their second ever weekly #1 just like it did for "Hakunaku mo Towa no Kanashi" *crosses fingers*

I voted for HOWLING in the poll
    I haven't even heard of them what kind of songs do they sing?
    me's sad too, was a bit surprised, but it seems I do not know that much about which band is popular in Japan Uverworld is good, rest is acceptable ^__^

great thing you voted for Howling

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Fruits Punch Samurai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted BBB Banana's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Really ? X-Japan are probably the greatest Japanese band on a world level. Hide Matsumoto their guitarrist is most of the time placed in lists of the greatest guitarrists ever. There's no surprise that they are first.

They were the begining of Visual kei and a great revolution to J-rock adding various hard rock, metal and punk elements to japanese music.

You should check them out

12. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

While it is true that I’ve heard of L’Arc~en~Ciel and BUMP OF CHICKEN (from the Oricon charts and because I’ve read news about those bands), the only band that I’m musically familiar with (from that ten-top list) is Uverworld. So I was glad to see them as part of that list. And as saladesu mentioned it, it is sad that abingdon boys school wasn’t part of that list. Their music is great so I was just as surprised as you naruto-nii.

Thanks to the fact they ranked # 1 and thanks to your comments BBB Banana ^_^, I’m now very curious about X Japan. I’m going to start looking for info about them and to start listening to a couple of their songs.

More news about the J-Music world:

Thanks to xaosmx and badeth from the info! Source: jnews1
    From JpopAsia

Arashi is releasing another new single, “Dear Snow“, on October 6th! “Dear Snow” is the theme song for upcoming movie, “Oooku” (will be released on October 1st), which stars one of their members, Ninomiya Kazunari.

“Dear Snow” will mark Arashi’s fifth single release of the year.

The track list is below:

<Limited Edition> + DVD (Video clip for “Dear Snow”)

1. Dear Snow

<Regular Edition>

1. Dear Snow

2. Unknown As Of Yet

3. Dear Snow (Instrumental)

4. Unknown Track (Instrumental)

lynch. releases their PV, “JUDGEMENT”
    by Sujin on September 8

J-rock band lynch. will release their new single, “JUDGEMENT” on 9/22. The single will have two songs, “JUDGEMENT” and “DAZZLE”. There are two versions, one with a DVD that will have the PV’s for “JUDGEMENT” and “A GLEAM IN EYE”.

lynch. will finish off their last indies tour, THE JUDGEMENT DAYS with three shows this month and the last show on 12/19.

Today they released the full PV of “JUDGEMENT”. Check it out.

Exist Trace announces new album

by Sujin

Exist Trace, the only (actual) female visual kei band, will release a new album on November 3 called “TWIN GATE”. The album will contain 10 tracks with four new tracks including old ones: KNIFE, unforgive you, RESONANCE, Owari no nai sekai (Never-ending World), VANGUARD, Orleans no shoujo (Orleans’ little girl).

The band will also start their one-man tour in November.

Tip: neika
    Last edited by destiny4ever; September 08, 2010 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

While it is true that I’ve heard of L’Arc~en~Ciel and BUMP OF CHICKEN (from the Oricon charts and because I’ve read news about those bands), the only band that I’m musically familiar with (from that ten-top list) is Uverworld. So I was glad to see them as part of that list. And as saladesu mentioned it, it is sad that abingdon boys school wasn’t part of that list. Their music is great so I was just as surprised as you naruto-nii.
    Thanks to the fact they ranked # 1 and thanks to your comments BBB Banana ^_^, I’m now very curious about X Japan. I’m going to start looking for info about them and to start listening to a couple of their songs.
    lol yeah, me's the same Most of these bands are new to me and I will make sure to check on a few of them. what you're saying about X Japan does seem interesting, I'm curious to see if they are really worth Number 1

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Ho, a new single from Arashi again. Big Arashi fan I may be, but I'm kind of skeptical. 'Troublemaker', 'Monster', 'To be free', 'Love Rainbow' and now 'Dear Snow'. This is their first time ever releasing 5 singles in a year! o_o 'Love Rainbow''s first days sales today were bigger than 'To be free' and 'Monster' so it looks like they'll be able to overtake AKB48 and monopolize the top 3 again this year with the 4 they've put out, what more do they want! Not just that, the quality of their singles haven't even been that great this year :/ How long can they last like this if they don't put quality over quantity ><

abingdon boys school... As much as I love them too and think they're great, they don't seem to sell very well, idk why 'From dusk to dawn' (latest single) only sold around 30k copies iirc. Even Takanori on his own as T.M.Revolution fares way better ('Naked arms/Sword summit' has sold 90k in just a month).

And about X Japan... Idk but I didn't like the lead singer's voice. Very hoarse and strained sounding. Kinda like Remioromen but possibly worse. An acquired taste perhaps, haha XD I didn't really find their melodies very catchy either, but perhaps its just me ~___~

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Morigan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello everyone =)

First of all I want to thank Destiny for this thread, I like the news and that we get to vote a J-Song ^^

So I finally got time to check it out and vote. I actually voted for Houkago Tea Time - Fudepen ~Ball pen~ by Mio Akiyama, because it was new to me and I really liked the song.

Quote Originally Posted by BBB Banana View Post
    I love DOES they are my favorite J-band but they are not very famous and it's hard to find their songs because if you search for Does there are lots of unrelated results.
    I love the DOES so much. If you're interested in ever getting a CD, they just released a best of CD called "Singles" and it features Shura, Donten, you can get it at yesasia. If you didn't know it yet, I also recommend 世界の果て(sekai no hate), i'm sure you'll like it ^^

by Shiso

I'm surprised, but not unhappy with X Japan on top =) Also happy to see Radwimps and Ellegarden =))

Source: BARKS
    <hr noshade size="1">
    Miyavi Collaborates With Good Charlotte Japanese entertainment
    Thanks to xaosmx and idolvk for the info! Source: natalie, tg

From JpopAsia

Miyavi is making a guest appearance on a song by American pop-punk band Good Charlotte, it has been learned. The song is "Like It's Her Birthday" from the band's upcoming album "Cardiology," which goes on sale in Japan on October 27, ahead of the U.S. release. On September 7, the song will be available as a digital single in Japan.
    So wanna know how that will turn out =) I love miyavi and I liked Good Charlotte back in their early days. But for some reason, I just can't see their styles together yet, but maybe I'll be positively surprised =DDD Also I can't wait for Miyavis new album ^^

Thanks to the fact they ranked # 1 and thanks to your comments BBB Banana ^_^, I’m now very curious about X Japan.
    Some of my favorites from X-Japan are "silent jealousy" and "endless rain", which I would recommend from their older songs. They have some live vids on you tube, and since it's early 90s, the outfits of X-Japan are really interesting =)

I think they did a newer song called "iv", but I didn't like it as much as their original stuff they did with Hide. It just didn't have as much energy as their old songs.

Spoiler: Little "Ghost" Story about X-Japan (not scary though)^^ show

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Fruits Punch Samurai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted BBB Banana's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting story about Hide. He is a true legend he even has his own museum.

In this past two years me and my friends who have visual kei and j-rock based bands allways do a small event in homage to Hide at the local bar on the day of his death where all local j-based bands come an play Hide or X-japan songs.

It's been actually a sucessfull event and the owners keep inviting us to do more events like this.

Here's a video from last event. This band is actually really good. Just an event between friends

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Des-chan, I'm curious to know when you'll be closing the voting poll? ^^

Come on MH'ers, vote for Tabiudo by Ketsumeishi!!!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Morigan View Post
    Some of my favorites from X-Japan are "silent jealousy" and "endless rain", which I would recommend from their older songs. They have some live vids on you tube, and since it's early 90s, the outfits of X-Japan are really interesting =)
    Thank you so much for those recommendations, Morigan. I listened to both “silent jealousy” and “endless rain”. Both are great songs, but my favorite is “silent jealousy”, I love that song! And about the outfits, I completely agree with you, they are very interesting.

In this past two years me and my friends who have visual kei and j-rock based bands allways do a small event in homage to Hide at the local bar on the day of his death where all local j-based bands come an play Hide or X-japan songs.

It's been actually a sucessfull event and the owners keep inviting us to do more events like this.

Here's a video from last event. This band is actually really good. Just an event between friends
    I think it’s very cool that you and your friends play X-Japan’s songs at a local bar. . The show looked really fun in the video. I bet you guys have a great time during the events. Thank you for sharing that video with us! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by ~Buggy*Fly~ View Post
    Hey Des-chan, I'm curious to know when you'll be closing the voting poll? ^^
    I’ll be closing the voting poll tomorrow. I’ll write a post indicating the exact moment when the poll will be closing and no more votes will be taken into consideration to decide the winners.

I’ll be closing the poll in a couple of hours, so you still have some time left to vote for your favorite J-song. ^_^ To vote click here.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; September 10, 2010 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

shit, someone please vote for Howling

the song's from X Japan are average, nothing yet that would amaze me. Maybe the music's not type, but I will listen to a few more to be sure

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Morigan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting story about Hide. He is a true legend he even has his own museum.

Yeah, I also heard that there are big memorial ceremonies in Japan, too I liked your video, and like Destiny said, it's so cool that you guys organize these concerts. That must be a lot of work but also lots of fun ^^
    Oh, and is the singer of the band Japanese? I couldn't really tell from the video. I'm impressed by her Japanese vocals

Thank you so much for those recommendations, Morigan. I listened to both “silent jealousy” and “endless rain”. Both are great songs, but my favorite is “silent jealousy”, I love that song! And about the outfits, I completely agree with you, they are very interesting.
    I'm glad you liked it! I also got introduced to X-Japan by a friend who recommended "silent jealousy" and it's also still my favorite X-Japan track :-) It's a very emotional song ^^

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    the song's from X Japan are average, nothing yet that would amaze me. Maybe the music's not type, but I will listen to a few more to be sure
    Could well be a matter of taste I know some people who are just not into that type of music. Looking at their skills and talent they're definitely a great band I think ^^

New Reply
Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast