Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast

Thread: J-Music Hangout / The J- Music Show

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Evec's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The J-Music Show!

AKB48, Itano Tomomi’s spotlight and new CD jacket covers released!

The Jacket covers for Itano Tomomi‘s Solo Debut Single “Dear J” have been revealed in ORICON STYLE on the 22nd. All 3 covers show different pictures of Itano’s face from up-close and each include different coupling songs and special movies enclosed in the DVDs.

Excluding temporary projects and songs released under different names, this is Itano’s first solo debut under Akimoto Yasushi, AKB48‘s founder. The song “Dear J” consists of up-tempo dance music and the MV includes a luxurious stage setting that has pulled out Itano’s charm.

The coupling music for Type-A is “Tunnel”, Type-B is “Stay by my side”, and Type-C is “Thank you”. The DVD included in each type includes not only an MV for the song but also another special video. Type-A: “Tomomi Itano Collection” Type-B: “Tomomi Itano Interview” Type-C: “Making of Tomomi Itano”

Also, in honor of this solo debut, Itano Tomomi has been chosen to become the new image character for the Samantha Thavasa Group.

Source: tokyofever

Hello

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: J-Hip Hop

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO PHOENIX View Post
    Can't go wrong with Back-On and Forces of Nature. I think that Chain and New World is probably the best fusion of J-hip-hop and rock anywhere. Hiji Suru Style by Forces of Nature (and Nujabes) will raise the roof off of any house. It also makes great battle music for a fanfic.
    Hey ZERO PHOENIX! Thanks for the awesome recs. I never heard or came across the Japanese band; Back-On before and I'm very impressed with what I've heard form them so far. New World is the one that stands out most for me. Other notable mentions would be: Drive, Grab and 50/50.

As for Forces of Nature; they're awesome. That "Hiji Suru Style" tune is the shiz! A fantastic record! I love the funky bass in it. It's definitely a jam! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by alice&uncas View Post
    Hey alice! I've heard of HIME before but I haven't liked much of her material tbh. There was another Japanese female rapper that featured in an international hip hop track with KRS-One which was really good. I can't remember the name of the track or the rapper but I'll definitely post it once I find it on the net!

Quote Originally Posted by Blai View Post
    I'm surprised, and sad, that noone has mentioned Nobodyknows+ which was the first Japanese Hip-Hop band I heard and Hero's Come Back the first Japanese song I learned by heart (along with Nagareboshi Shooting Star by Home Made Kazuko. Other songs by them I like are "Whats going on" and "Winds of Wind".
    Yo Blai!

It was used for the first Naruto Shippuden OP; I'm sure many are familiar with the song and have heard it before but haven't paid much attention to the actual group or have taken an interest in them haha. =P I quite liked "Innocent Word" and "Where are you from...?" from them.

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Aqua Timez releases “Mayonaka no Orchestra” PV!
    by kurumi on January 17

Pop-rock group Aqua Timez has just revealed the PV for their upcoming song, “Mayonaka no Orchestra”!

The song is currently being used as the ending theme for popular anime, “Naruto Shippuden”. Aqua Timez will be releasing the “Mayonaka no Orchestra” single on January 26th.

In the meantime, check out the PV below!

Aqua Timez – Mayonaka no Orchestra PV

Tip: Masamune

Source: tokyohive

Music Station announces their Top 50 Idols of All-Time
    by sanei

The Japanese music program Music Station recently held a special where they counted down the Top 50 Idols of All-Time based on their sales total.

The list spans several decades, and many of the idols on the list are still active even to this day!

Check out the list:

50. Hayami Yuu – 2,850,000

49. Asaka Yui – 2,970,000

48. Otoko Gumi – 3,000,000

47. Asaoka Megumi – 3,020,000

46. Hori Chiemi – 3,210,000

45. Finger 5 – 3,600,000

44. w-inds. – 3,700,000

43. Shinohara Ryoko – 4,050,000

42. Momoki Kikuchi – 4,110,000

41. AKB48 – 4,310,000

40. Kashiwabara Yoshie – 4,400,000

39. NEWS – 4,490,000

38. Ohta Hiromi – 4,560,000

37. Kanjani 8 – 4,570,000

36. Minami Saori – 4,750,000

35. Agnes Chan – 4,900,000

34. Oginome Yoko – 5,380,000

33. Shibugaki-tai – 5,430,000

32. Candies – 5,450,000

31. Shonentai – 5,480,000

30. Minamino Yoko – 5,630,000

29. Yakushimaru Hiroko – 5,850,000

28. Amachi Mari – 5,960,000

27. Kawai Naoko – 6,530,000

26. Wink – 7,490,000

25. KAT-TUN – 7,660,000

24. TOKIO – 8,190,000

23. Suzuki Ami – 8,830,000

22. Noguchi Goro – 9,500,000

21. V6 – 12,120,000

20.Kahala Tomomi – 12,190,000

19. Hikaru Genji – 12,220,000

18. Kondo Masahiko – 12,670,000

17. Tahara Toshihiko – 12,700,000

16. Saijo Hideki – 13,290,000

15. Pink Lady – 13,330,000

14. Koizumi Kyoko – 14,260,000

13. Kudo Shizuka – 14,870,000

12. Nakayama Miho – 14,970,000

11. The Checkers – 15,380,000

10. Sawada Kenji – 15,700,000

9. Hiromi Go – 15,780,000

8. Yamaguchi Momoe – 16,220,000

7. Morning Musume. – 16,700,000

6. Arashi - 19,140,000

5. SPEED – 19,530,000

4. KinKi Kids – 24,670,000

3. Nakamori Akina – 25,340,000

2. Matsuda Seiko – 29,510,000

1. SMAP – 32,310,000

With over 32 million sales over their 21-year history, SMAP has earned the #1 spot!

Congratulations to them and to all of the artists who made it!

Last edited by destiny4ever; January 18, 2011 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner pumpkin_so77's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Visual Kei

Definitely Malice Mizer and SID all the way.
    I love the intricate melodies and accompaniment in Malice Mizer and I love the lead singer's voice in SID, so strong and powerful.
    G.//

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

My friend is a HUGE fan of visual-kei and a song he recommended to me was Eliza from Vidoll. KHR has quite a bit of theme songs from visual-kei artists such as LM.C (BOYS AND GIRLS and 88) and SuG. Most of the videos for SuG has been taken down.

My preference for visual-kei seems to be colourful ones with a fashion sense similar to scene kids.

Grenze MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: J-Music Hangout

X - Japan is the best thing from the Japanese rock music groups, many come close, but still the drummer/pianist dude, rocks them all, I just wanted to say they are my favorite ban form Japan.

Beautiful songs, and good mixing of English and Japanese.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner alice&uncas's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    My preference for visual-kei seems to be colourful ones with a fashion sense similar to scene kids.

Then you must like oshare kei more than visual kei. One of my favorite oshare kei band is Himeyuri.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner 4thwioko's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Great ! I love versailles too, see my avatar, it's Kamijo, Versailles's vocalist..^^

what versailles song u like?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner alice&uncas's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4thwioko View Post
    Great ! I love versailles too, see my avatar, it's Kamijo, Versailles's vocalist..^^

what versailles song u like?
    The Revenant Choir
    Aristocrat's Symphony

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: J-Music Hangout

Here are the lists of all the J-pop/idols and J-rock artists who are confirmed to be safe from the earthquake.

Although you may be relieved, please continue to feel compassion for those who have died, are missing or lost their homes & loved ones.

12. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The J-Rock Thread

Here’s a thread to talk about anything and everything regarding Japanese rock.

Let’s start with some J-rock news:

From SYNC MUSIC JAPAN

Quote Quote:
    LUNA SEA / Release of Self-Cover Album! / セルフカバーアルバム発売!

Marking last year with their reboot after a 10-year break and successful 3-day lives at Tokyo Dome,
    the powerful rock band LUNA SEA is now releasing a self-cover album “LUNA SEA.” Commemorating the 20th year since their very first album “LUNA SEA” released in 4/1991, the 5 members fronted by RYUICHI came together after a long break of 10 years and prepared this self-cover album. The limited premium box includes rare bonus items selected by the members themselves.

“LUNA SEA”
    Release on 3/16/2011
    LIMITED PREMIUM BOX (CD+T-shirt+Cassette Tape): YIZQ-10048/B 10,000 yen (tax in.)
    CD+DVD: YICQ-10049/B 3,990 yen (tax in.)
    CD Only: YICQ-10050 3,150 yen (tax in.)

昨年、10年ぶりに活動を再開し、東京ドーム公演3Daysを成功させたロックバンド・LUNA SEAのセルフカバーアルバム『LUNA SEA』が発売する。同アルバムは、ボーカルのRYUICHIらメンバー5人が10年ぶりに集結し、20 年前に発売したインディーズ1stアルバム『LUNA SEA』(1991年4月発売)をセルフカバーしたもの。特典には、メンバーこだわりのレアアイテムを満載した。

「LUNA SEA」
    2011年3月16日発売
    数量限定PREMIUM BOX(CD+グッズ+カセットテープ: YIZQ-10048/B ¥10,000 (tax in.)
    CD+DVD: YICQ-10049/B ¥3,990(tax in.)
    CD Only: YICQ-10050 ¥3,150(tax in.)

LUNA SEA Official Website
    http://lunasea.jp

LUNA SEA avex Official Website
    http://avexnet.or.jp/lunasea/

LUNA SEA Official Twitter
    http://twitter.com/lunaseaofficial

LUNA SEA Official Myspace
    http://myspace.com/lunasea

LUNA SEA Official Facebook
    http://facebook.com/lunaseareboot

Since the above news is about one of my favorite J-rock bands, I thought I would post one of my favorite Luna Sea’s songs.

Luna Sea – Rosier

I also like the cover of Rosier by High and Mighty Color

Rosier (Cover) - High and Mighty Color

雅-MIYAVI- / WHAT’S MY NAME? WORLD TOUR 2011

From SYNC MUSIC JAPAN

Ever active in the overseas music scene as much as in Japan, MIYAVI is going on his world tour, “WHAT’S MY NAME? WORLD TOUR 2011.” Come out to his live to experience his unique world of music!海外でも精力的に活動する、雅-MIYAVI-。WHAT’S MY NAME? WORLD TOUR 2011での海外公演が決定。是非その目で彼の音楽に触れてほしい。

WHAT’S MY NAME? WORLD TOUR 2011 -EUROPE-
    3/16/2011 Barcelona, Spain – Apolo
    3/17/2011 Lisbon, Portugal – SanTiago Alquimista
    3/19/2011 London, UK – HMV Forum
    3/22/2011 Nantes, France – La Carriere
    3/23/2011 Lyon, France – Transbordeur
    3/25/2011 Lille, France – Le Splendid
    3/26/2011 Strasbourg, France – Laiterie
    3/27/2011 Paris, France – Trianon
    3/29/2011 Amsterdam, Netherlands – Melkweg
    3/31/2011 Brussels, Belgium – Botanique

MIYAVI Official Website
    http://myv382tokyo.com/

MIYAVI Official Myspace
    http://www.myspace.com/miyavi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In response to the damage caused by the March 11 earthquake (Tōhoku Chihō Taiheiyō-oki Jishin) and tsunami, Japanese rock performer Gackt launched a new donation fund called "Show Your Heart." Donations raised through the fund will be given to the Japanese Red Cross, the affected prefectures, and social welfare organizations.

Many Japanese celebrities and musical artists have posted messages on the official website showing their support:

•Kazuhiko Gomi
    •DJ Sinji
    •Hisanori Takahashi
    •h.NAOTO
    •Kenji Tamura
    •Shinya (Luna Sea)
    •Norika Fujiwara
    •Shigeru Izumiya
    •Hitomi (Moran)
    •Sizna (Moran)
    •Soan (Moran)
    •Ni~ya (Nightmare)
    •DAIGO (BREAKERZ)
    •Tomonori Jinnai
    •Ayako Ishikawa
    •Hiroki Yoshimoto (doa)
    •Go Ueki (PaniCrew)
    •Ai Haruna
    •Shuse
    •Hidehiko Yoshida
    •Yujiro Kondo
    •lovelife Black & FanFan
    •Kentarō Sekimoto
    •Makoto
    •Hiromu Takahara (Roen)
    •Mayo Kawasaki
    •Midori Matsuo (Fuji TV announcer)
    •Rie Hasegawa
    •Kōsei Inoue & Aki Higashihara
    •Ichiro Miyajima (Seiloo)
    •Michiko Hada
    •Eiko Koike
    •Tatsuya Kataoka
    •Yohey (PaniCrew)
    •Hilomu (formerly of RSP)
    •Kenichi Kaneda
    •Yukie Nishimura
    •Yasuko Mitsuura
    •Juichi Wakisaka
    •Hiroko Mima
    •Yumi Miura
    •Nami Otake
    •Atsuhiro Miura
    •Kayo Satō
    •Kazuki Nakajima
    •Wise
    •Minami Ozaki
    •Yui Okada & Yuka Okada
    •Nami Tamaki
    •MC USK
    •Maki Ohguro
    •Mizuho Hata
    •Takuto Iguchi
    •Daisuke Miyazaki
    The Japanese gaming website Hangame is helping to organize and host the donation fund.

Source: Natalie via Tokyograph

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GLAY contributes $240,000 USD to disaster relief
    by bazinga on March 14, 2011 at 7:33 pm

On March 14th, J-rock band GLAY donated 20 million yen (~$240,000 USD) to aid with the disaster relief through the Asahi Shimbun Social Welfare Organization.

Members TAKURO, HISASHI, JIRO, and TERU expressed, “In midst of the continuing aftershocks, we hope we can be of even a little help to the people who are suffering in the disaster … We will continue praying that the damages don’t escalate further.”

GLAY has actively done charity work in the past, keeping in mind the following message: “Is there something we can do for society, other than singing?“. Last year, they donated 93 uniforms (valued at ~$12,000 USD) to students at a middle school in the bankrupt city of Yubari, with TAKURO and TERU handing them out personally. When Miyazaki prefecture had a problem with foot-and-mouth disease, they donated 1 million yen (~$12,000 USD) through a local news agency.

Source: Nikkan Sports
    Last edited by destiny4ever; March 14, 2011 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

GACKT organizes charity “SHOW YOUR HEART” for the earthquake
    by bazinga on March 13

It’s been revealed that GACKT has organized an emergency charity, "SHOW YOUR HEART", to raise disaster relief funds for the 2011 Japanese earthquake.

As the representative for “SHOW YOUR HEART”, GACKT stated, “We decided to organize the charity as it was something that even we could start [in order to help]. We want everyone to lend us their strength. Although individuals may not be able to do much, if everyone works together, it becomes a lot of power. In this sort of time, we need to have the courage to lend a helping hand.”

On the “SHOW YOUR HEART” official webpage, many celebrities, including Shinya (from LUNA SEA), Fujiwara Norika, DAIGO (from BREAKERZ), and Haruna Ai, have left supportive messages.

Donations can be made through a direct deposit in Japan to the “SHOW YOUR HEART” bank account. The funds collected will be distributed to victims through the Japanese Red Cross and local community associations.

Source: natalie

X JAPAN’s YOSHIKI is donating his piano for earthquake relief
    by bazinga on March 13, 2011

On March 13th, it was revealed that X JAPAN’s leader, YOSHIKI, will be auctioning off his beloved “crystal piano” to aid in the disaster relief effort for Japan.

YOSHIKI, who normally lives in Los Angeles, flew to Tokyo in order to oversee his fashion show, as well as to record songs. He felt the tremors of the earthquake in his recording studio on the 11th. After watching news reports, he was shocked by the large-scale damage across Japan, and decided that he “must do something.”

The “crystal piano” has YOSHIKI’s logo engraved on it and according to experts, “is a priceless item.” His “crystal piano” often accompanies the star during their concerts all over the world. The entire sum raised from the auction will be given to disaster relief organizations, although detailed information will follow at a later date. The musician has also expressed an intent to collect disaster relief donations through his foundation, YOSHIKI FOUNDATION AMERICA.

On Twitter, YOSHIKI reassured fans, saying, “Thank you, everyone, for worrying about me. Although there are some friends I haven’t been able to contact, I’ve been able to reach all my family members. In order to support everyone, I am planning to extend my stay in Japan. LOVE YOU…”

♪ Welcome to the J-Music Show!! ♪

Hello everyone!! Welcome to the J-Music Show. I am Destiny your VJ and I will do my best to make your time here on the show as enjoyable as possible.

(I don’t know who the author of the fanart is, but if you know his/her name please let me know. I’ll love to give him/her credit for the fanart above)

It has been a while since we had a music contest here on the J-Music Show, so what about having another one very soon?

To nominate the songs for the contest you can post a J-song in any of the threads of this board (starting from now), or you can send me a PM with a link to the song, or you can post a link to the song in this thread.

I’ll check the nominees on Sunday and will start the contest on Sunday as well.
    Last edited by destiny4ever; April 06, 2011 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello destiny!
    So there is going to be a contest starting up right?
    Can I know some details, like if theres any category or more than one winners or is there only one winner for the entire contest?
    How many songs can one person nomination
    and just to confirm, I can just post the song in this thread right?
    Sorry, its my first time seeing this contest

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post
    Can I know some details, like if theres any category or more than one winners or is there only one winner for the entire contest?
    As long as the song is a J-song, you can nominate any kind of genre. The amount of winners depends on you guys, specifically, on the votes. I’ll create a poll with all the nominees and then you will need to vote for your favorite song.

Quote Quote:
    How many songs can one person nomination
    and just to confirm, I can just post the song in this thread right?
    One song per person, please. And yes, you are more than welcome to post the song you want to nominate in this thread.

Quote Quote:
    Sorry, its my first time seeing this contest
    No need to apologize, thank you! Thank you for asking those questions, Zeltrax!
    Since this isn’t the first time that we have a contest on the J-show, I just kind of assumed everyone knew the rules already. Sorry!
    Last edited by destiny4ever; April 07, 2011 at 08:39 PM.

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

the thing is..I never knew something like this happens in the forum

But now that I do, I'm ready to fight and nominate
    Anyway, since its my first time I hope to see more people entering, all shall bow to the greatness of jpop !
    Can I help spread the news ? (I'm already doing it tho)

Since the deadline is sunday(that's early), I have to make my choice quick but there's so many songs..
    There should be more songs up there too!

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast