Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: Who would win in an all-out brawl

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kensei takes it.

15 35.71%
  • Both take out the other/Evenly matched.

2 4.76%
  • Ichigo wins.

25 59.52%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ichigo vs. Kensei

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ichigo vs. Kensei

Ichigo against Kensei in a battle at Fake Karakura Town. Both are captain class vizards with melee weapon zanpaktou caple of energy blasts who do you think would win?

Note- They both have full knowledge of abilities only restriction being Ichigo can not go Ichigonator since he has no control over it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ichigo vs. Kensei

Quote Originally Posted by Mashiro_Luna View Post
    Ichigo against Kensei in a battle at Fake Karakura Town. Both are captain class vizards with melee weapon zanpaktou caple of energy blasts who do you think would win?

Note- They both have full knowledge of abilities only restriction being Ichigo can not go Ichigonator since he has no control over it.
    This is all depends on which Ichigo you're referring too. This new Ichigo is probably on the same level as Aizen is, which means he's even stronger than Yamamoto. As much as I'd hate to say it, he would probably defeat Kensei in his current state.

The pre-training Ichigo would get wrecked easily; probably even by Kensei's shikai.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Broken_Wing's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

This match would have been really interesting if Kubo actually had Kensei show some moves with his bankai...oh Kubo...

In anycase even if its pre-training Ichigo...the Vizard Ichigo in FKT could still cut Aizen in half with his power.

Based on pure feats "pre-training FKT Vizard Ichigo" still takes it. We've never seen Kensei defeat anyone above Menos...what can I say...
    Last edited by Broken_Wing; August 28, 2010 at 06:03 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member slmcknett's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kensei vs. Bankai Visored Ichigo = Probably Kensei.
    Kensei vs. Final Getsuga Tensho Ichigo = Ichigo. No contest.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Broken_Wing View Post
    This match would have been really interesting if Kubo actually had Kensei show some moves with his bankai...oh Kubo...

In anycase even if its pre-training Ichigo...the Vizard Ichigo in FKT could still cut Aizen in half with his power.

Based on pure feats "pre-training FKT Vizard Ichigo" still takes it. We've never seen Kensei defeat anyone above Menos...what can I say...
    Cut Aizen in half? No, the best he could do was slash his shoulder open. That's not even close to cutting him in half.

Kensei is a former captain, so even though we didn't see any of his bankai abilities, there's no reason to assume his bankai would be any less brutal than the other captain bankais we've witnessed. Kensei also has a hollow mask like Ichigo.

IMO any of the four ex-captain vaizards would've annihilated the former Ichigo.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by El Samurai Guapo View Post
    Cut Aizen in half? No, the best he could do was slash his shoulder open. That's not even close to cutting him in half.
    Well last time I checked he cut Aizen from his shoulder down to his waist. If we want to get technical he would have only needed to continue slicing down through the groin area to slice away half of his body. Similar to how Harribel cut Hitsugaya's Ice clone no?

Either way if we consider Ichigo going the easier route and slicing Aizen horizontally....he has already demonstarted that he can cut Aizen deep enough to slice him straight through horizontally.

Power to slice Aizen in half? Yes, I think so...

Quote Originally Posted by El Samurai Guapo View Post
    Kensei is a former captain, so even though we didn't see any of his bankai abilities, there's no reason to assume his bankai would be any less brutal than the other captain bankais we've witnessed. Kensei also has a hollow mask like Ichigo.

IMO any of the four ex-captain vaizards would've annihilated the former Ichigo.
    Well it would be a good match up I say...but nowhere near the slaughter your suggesting...

I dont know about you, but I say Ichigo can last Masked longer than the other ex-captain vaizards...not to mention his bankai has been shown to be sustainable far surpassing any one battle in length.

The ex-captain vaizards maybe more powerful in their bankai (which is still pure speculation) but Ichigo has decent feats in maneuverability and endurance which id say would make it a good fight and NOT a sluaghter against Ichigo.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

A determined Ichigo would have a decent shot. He wont have the same showing as he did against Aizen with all his mind fuckery...

You would need to consider the Ichigo that finally thrashed Grimmjow when Ichigo decided enough was enough but more than likely stronger in power...from the extra battles after that.
    [IMG]http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb57/Jonas64/Kilrik.jpg[/IMG]

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh sorry I meant pre-training Ichigo, I think Kensei would win though he seemed to be the most (in raw power) powerful of the Vizard captains maybe tying with Love.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SaintSheik's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think its safe to say that the current Ichigo isn't the one we're talking about here. That aside, I think Ichigo would win. After all, I'm basing this off of what we've seen minus the level of power through Ichigo's Hollow take over. Even though Ichigo's bankai may be seen as a glorified shikai to some, combined with hollowfication, we've seen much more power from Ichigo. Sure we can use the logic of Kensei being a former captain and an actual Vaizard but using logic in Bleach is a contradiction in it of itself.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SaintSheik View Post
    Even though Ichigo's bankai may be seen as a glorified shikai to some, combined with hollowfication, we've seen much more power from Ichigo.
    Come to think of it, Kensei's bankai appearnace seems very similar in style to Ichigo's.

1. He gets a new set of weapon(s) that are quite small.
    2. An appearnce of new clothing over his body.

After Ichigo, Kensei's bankai is the next smallest if not the same size as Ichigos... could the wrapped bandages be some sort of similar ability to Ichigo's reiatsu compression? Byakuya said that bankais were all massive in nature before Ichigo's...so that does make me wonder about Kensei's bankai...

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Broken_Wing View Post
    Come to think of it, Kensei's bankai appearnace seems very similar in style to Ichigo's.

1. He gets a new set of weapon(s) that are quite small.
    2. An appearnce of new clothing over his body.

After Ichigo, Kensei's bankai is the next smallest if not the same size as Ichigos... could the wrapped bandages be some sort of similar ability to Ichigo's reiatsu compression? Byakuya said that bankais were all massive in nature before Ichigo's...so that does make me wonder about Kensei's bankai...

Thats a pretty good observation.

Id say Kensei's bankai does look to be in the same size category of Ichigo's bankai. Does this mean the majority of his bankai reiatsu is compressed into his arms....?

Anyway I had some free time today...so here's something for the thread:

Vizard Bankai FTW!!
    Last edited by Waking_Dreamer; August 30, 2010 at 07:11 AM.

14. Thanks 8 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ssj4jw's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I always thought that when Byakuya said that bankai was massive in nature he meant that the bankai weapon is always larger than the shikai weapon. If thats the case then Kensei's bankai is still in the traditional lines of bankai as his bankai knuckle blades are clearly larger than his shikai combat knife.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Byakuya meant bankai's were harder to control because of their powers. Most bankai's powers have a wide range of effect. Learning controlling things like the weather or a huge samurai must take a lot training.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Charred's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Not to hate or anything, but this is kinda a silly poll to make currently.
    We have no clue about Ichigo's current strenght & know even less about kensei :|

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charred View Post
    Not to hate or anything, but this is kinda a silly poll to make currently.
    We have no clue about Ichigo's current strenght & know even less about kensei :|
    Well the creator of this topic already clarified that we're to discuss the former (HM/FKT) Ichigo, not the current one that's about to face off against Aizen.

You're right about Kensei though, we know even less of him, but judging what I've seen from his shikai I'd say he takes this. Tachikaze in shikai form already seems way better to me than the one-trick pony tensa zangetsu, who's strongest/only attack can barely scratch Gin's forehead. I don't see Kensei, as a shinigami, being any weaker than Gin, and Kensei's definitely stronger overall because he's a hybrid.

We've seen that Tachikaze can use invisible wind-lasers to cut enemies, charge up and fire a kamehameha-like ki blast, and make huge explosions when it stabs things. Add in the fact that his bankai will be 5-10 times more deadlier, and that Kensei has a hollow mask to amplify that even more and quite frankly Ichigo's screwed.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast