Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How about your choice?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

Confused How about your choice?

Hey guys, greeting to all first.
    I am new here and want to seek some opinions here. My brother loves One Piece so much and he always like collecting something concerning this manga. So I am looking for something new for him as his Christmas gift. I just found 2 sets which seem to be good choices as following: http://www.tinydeal.com/6pcs-cute-on...6-p-12353.html and http://www.tinydeal.com/5-pcs-cute-o...4-p-11199.html . Which one would be better in your opinions? Honestly speaking, I've never seen this series/manga before, just know little about it. So I need your ideas and could you help me please?
    Thanks in advance.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Tengou's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How about your choice?

I would say the choice depends on your brother's age. The first set is a bit cartoonish in proportion, whereas the second shows more... ehum... anatomical precision. The second set looks very nice, I'll admit. What upcoming adolescent boy wouldn't like to have a bikini clad Nami on their desk? Heh, just kidding.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member MaiSiaoSiao's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

How bout asking him which OP character he likes the most and buying that character figurine for him?If its a present you dont want him to know untill xmas i think the 2nd one looks nicer.Even though they"re smaller in size.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kulugo's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

if i was your brother, this is what i would want. http://www.play-asia.com/Excellent_M...n-70-3zpv.html

and this also
    http://www.play-asia.com/Portraits_o...n-70-3x3u.html

edit: i have that set with the nami in bikini.. and they tend to get loose after some time, nami was bending forward, franky was top heavy and also bending forward.. so i gave it away.. if you want get the POP versions a little pricey but its quality..
    Last edited by kulugo; December 09, 2010 at 03:40 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Anduren's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Tengou, but I also think that for a true fan of One Piece the first set would be a classic no matter the age.

Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MaiSiaoSiao View Post
    How bout asking him which OP character he likes the most and buying that character figurine for him?If its a present you dont want him to know untill xmas i think the 2nd one looks nicer.Even though they"re smaller in size.
    My brother likes MONKEY·D·LUFFY most. But I still cannot find a good toy of this figure. Any good recommendations? For myself, I like the sweet deer (maybe its name is TONY TONY CHOPPER?), though I haven't seen this manga.
    Oh, I didn't notice the size. The second one is smaller than the first one? had expected that the second one would be bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduren View Post
    I agree with Tengou, but I also think that for a true fan of One Piece the first set would be a classic no matter the age.
    I also think that the first set is cuter.
    Last edited by seasonwind; December 10, 2010 at 01:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

wow, $11 each for the 2nd set? don't get that, i bought that for less than $5 each a few years ago. and i told you the rubbers on that set tends to get loose, look at the guy holding a cigarette he's bending backwards. the guy with the blue hair will bend forward since hes top heavy. im not saying these are fakes but ive seen fakes of this set, check the eyes carefully and the paint.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Out of the two sets; I would go for the first one. Sure it looks cartoonish but I think they look better than the figurines in the second set tbh.

As for a Monkey D. Luffy figurine; there are plenty to choose from lol. I like the look of the Strong World Movie figurine.

Take a look at Nightmare Luffy hahaha~ Not the kind of quality I would be interested in though.

Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bugzee View Post
    Out of the two sets; I would go for the first one. Sure it looks cartoonish but I think they look better than the figurines in the second set tbh.

As for a Monkey D. Luffy figurine; there are plenty to choose from lol. I like the look of the Strong World Movie figurine.

Take a look at Nightmare Luffy hahaha~ Not the kind of quality I would be interested in though.
    Wow, the first one is very cool~ U know where can get it?

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I just checked it out on Amazon.co.uk; it's a bit pricey. I didn't expect it to be THAT expensive lol.

What's your budget btw? I'm not much a collector neither do I have a keen interest in figurines, etc but you should take a look at this website. There are plenty of other OP merchandise/toys you could consider for a xmas gift. ^^

Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

the other one's probably fake.. POPs are pricey especially the limiteds and the old ones.. here's an example. http://cgi.ebay.com/MEGAHOUSE-POP-ON...item3f04cfdd8a
    originals have a toei sticker.
    http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Portr...ficial_sticker

you still haven't bought a gift?
    you might wanna check this out.
    http://www.play-asia.com/paOScore/19...n-15-zoro.html

Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, the same one http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...b-70-3tl2.html
    But out of stock.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, there are a lot of "fakes" out there lol. Cheaper material-use and a lack of quality detail which many seem to ignore...

If it's going to be used to "play with" lol than I wouldn't be too fussy about it in the end. If it's for a collection purpose only...well that's a completely different matter. I hope you found something nice in the end! Merry xmas and happy new year! xD

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Navid.'s Avatar
    Country
    Iran
    Post Thanks / Like

Not big on figures personally but the 1st set from the opening post definitely is the one I'd go for... They just have a lot more personality than the other figures and look unique.

Out of the 1st set, Luffy, Zoro and Chopper capture the characters feel and look the best I think.

- Even with my eyes wide open, I can't see a thing -

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast