Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 756 by cnet128 , Bleach 592 by cnet128
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece Discussion & Long Time Prediction Thread

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kaiser Will's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

One Piece One Piece Discussion & Long Time Prediction Thread

Moderator message by: Kaiser Will
    Sorry zerocooldx, but I'm taking away your thread for a higher purpose.

Since chapter 597, we all know that One Piece is going to have a time skip of 2 years in the story. So, this thread will be used to make discuss the past chapters and try to imagine in a long term, future predictions.

Here we will have more of a parallel about One Piece before and after the time skip, what passed and what are your thoughts for what's coming up next.
    This thread will be more like a general discussion about the future, everything can go here, but to discuss character related topic more deeply go for this thread. And to make your thoughts about the brand new locations and adventures come here to make them.

But remember to keep the conversation clean and nice, and since it's a wide topic, please try to stay on topic. Respect others users thoughts. No line posts. No flaming and bashing. Respect the forums rules.
    Last edited by Kaiser Will; November 13, 2010 at 12:38 AM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

One Piece: The New World

Source: Link

"Oda will be taking a month (4 week) long break after Chapter 597. Chapter 598 and on will be called One Piece : The New World.

So i guess part two of One Piece is going to begin in a little over a month. And there will most likely be a time skip, and the characters might also become/look a bit older. Although this is just speculation at this point. But the wait is obviously going to a real big pain, but once One Piece returns it should be better than ever. Which in-itself sounds utterly impossible.

This thread is designed to allow people to discuss their hopes, dreams, and aspirations for the now inevitable part two of One Piece. Also feel free to discuss how everyone will or might change, including none Straw Hat members. Such as The Marines, The World Government, The Yonkou, The Supernovas and etc. Basically discuss whatever you feel will be relevant to One Piece: The New World.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

3. Thanks 9 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member zozo96's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece: The New World

Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    But the wait is obviously going to a real big pain, but once One Piece returns it should be better than ever. Which in-itself sounds utterly impossible.
    You got that right! At this point, I don't think OP can be better. I just hope it doesn't get worse. Let us believe that Oda can at least maintain the quality of OP.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow the break is finally confirmed.
    3 issues without it, quite painful. I'm hopping for a big chapter.

So yeah hitting the bell 16 times should mean at least 16 weeks of training before the rendez vous. I can't see them training or doing other stuff for only 16 days, so it has to be weeks or months (can't be years ><).
    Last edited by Gats; August 24, 2010 at 05:05 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh God... Part of me just died... I will be strong... I will be strong... I WILL BE STRONG!!!

Guess I'll have to settle for the anime for a while... and I hope that the Animators put the CP9 mini arc in right after the war ... (A bit off topic I know)

So, I hope this chapter is at least double the size, and closes some cliffhangers... and at least we know why, Oda temporarily stopped the cover stories...

I hope Koby get's stronger... We will see Aokoji as a Fleet Admiral... Crocodile, Buggy, Kidd, and Blackbeard will be contenders... Law will probably get into the NW the same time as Luffy or maybe a wee bit before

Bonney must be important to part 2... there is no way she can be caught at the very end of part 1... just to have some lame side story...

Garp, may train marines at East Blue, near his home town... just a guess

Akainu, will be in charge of the New World Marines... I just got a gut feeling about that

Hopefully the CP9 come back, with a full Lucci turn around... imagine a nice Lucci, or at least less imposing

If Buggy isn't a contender, he will be a Shichi...

And I guess the intro of chapter 598 will be worth it... it will be Narrative ending on 597 and a Narrative Opening on 598... but I want an Epic Intro by Luffy...
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I will be in a comer for 4 weeks. I hope because of the long break the next being a New Manga so to speak like DBZ it will be over 25 pages that would be nice.
    all spelling mistakes are copyrighted to mars0103

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lee-tyme7's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow this is big news, a time skip huh? A whole month without OP that's a long time. It's the last week of August so by the time we know it Halloween will be around the corner. I'd never imagine this day would come because 500+ chapters and it still going but I guess Oda need a long vacation too. He deserved it. Maybe 2 week of planning and 3 week vacation. lol!

Love is like a hurricane.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Rowel's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats what I predicted in the "What would One piece part 2 be called?" thread.

One piece : New world, sounds best.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member hy4k's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

hopes

-dont introduce too many new charcters. there are enough already
    -the return of some old favourites
    -a major timeskip resulting in huge changes to the workd
    -each of the strawhats getting exponentially stronger with completely new looks
    -zoro takes over as captain for a bit
    -buggy for shichibukai

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

So if there will be a time skip this means

- new bounty if all SH crew left their training islands after they finished their training and set out to meet luffy
    - each SH crew will meet someone from their past in their search for luffy
    - so if there will be a 1 month hiatus so how many OP day/months/years it will be for the time skip.?

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Skyrius's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well after what, 13 years, I personally believe that Oda deserves a break. Of course, part of me is going "AAAHHH!! NO ONE PIECE FOR A MONTH?!" and crying but I will persevere! *determined* On topic, I don't have any expectations that I don't already know Oda will totally go above and beyond. If there is just one thing I want confirmed, then it's Bon-chan's fate. T_T I REFUSE TO BELIEVE THAT HE'S DEAD! Phew, anyways, the one other thing I really want to see is Coby and Helmeppo's development. I'm still convinced that at the end of the manga, Coby and Luffy will be like Garp and Roger cept on better terms XD. So I really look forwards to
    it.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Chris215's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Crying Re: One Piece: The New World

So sad about this... BUT...! if it means a timeskip for the training it's for a good cause! The next chapter is already of epic proportions in my mind!

P.S. i want to know if Bon Clay is ok... (i strongly believe he is! BB kicked Magellan's ass before he had a chance to kill Mr.2)
    TRY MY ONE PIECE CHANNEL
    http://veetle.com/v/4ea948a7a7a2c

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Oni_James's Avatar
    Country
    Catalonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Now we finally know what Oda meant when in Strong World he said "This is Luffy's last adventure as a 17 year old boy"
    ざわ...ざわ...

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member chrizzl's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

wow one month with out one piece what am i to do
    well i just wanna c how much the story move on when we get it back like was there this anticipated time skip or is it just that Oda is taking a very well deserved break and gunna continue as if basically it was normaly 1 week time period
    anyway in ODA we trust!!!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Cyber34's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm guessing that both (assuming he survived against Brownbeard)Basil Hawkins, and Eustass Kidd will join the Schicibukai seeing as how they have made a smooth transition into the New World. They probably will do it to get the marines off their case and search for One Piece with less to worry about.

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast