Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece Discussion & Long Time Prediction Thread

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece: The New World

Are we sure that the name of the manga will change ? To me, this is not necessary at all since One Piece is still the main goal of the crew's travel.

I'm looking forward to seeing what has changed in the world during the SH's trainings : marine ranks, new world pirates, Shichibukai, Pacifistas etc...

The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Nothing indicates that the manga's name will change, it's just assumption.

Even the manga version of Dragon Ball didn't change the name despite the several timeskips. DBZ is for anime (and a way to say "part II" for us), just like Naruto Shippuden (created by the animators and some of us use it for the same purpose : "part II").

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsuga View Post
    Nothing indicates that the manga's name will change, it's just assumption.

Even the manga version of Dragon Ball didn't change the name despite the several timeskips. DBZ is for anime (and a way to say "part II" for us), just like Naruto Shippuden (created by the animators and some of us use it for the same purpose : "part II").
    Well the name change to "One Piece: The New World" would make sense because this is going to be part two of the One Piece manga and its basically all going to be centered around the New World.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    Well the name change to "One Piece: The New World" would make sense because this is going to be part two of the One Piece manga and its basically all going to be centered around the New World.
    "It would make sense" doesn't make it true.

I guess that, like the other mangas, the animators will give a new name to the anime, probably a title like yours (we'll call it OPNW or NW), but I don't think the mangaka himself will.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

If the rest of the story was not a part of the " One Piece " manga but of " One Piece: New World ", it wouldn't be the same manga. It would only be a new manga which continues the other, just like with Prince of Tennis.

One Piece staying One Piece is what actually makes sense since the title refers to the Pirate King quest which is far from ended in the 597th chapter of " One Piece. "

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsuga View Post
    "It would make sense" doesn't make it true.

I guess that, like the other mangas, the animators will give a new name to the anime, probably a title like yours (we'll call it OPNW or NW), but I don't think the mangaka himself will.
    Yeah i wasn't really referring to the actual manga itself being renamed. But everything other then the manga that involves OP most likely will have a name change and the way its referred to. Kind of like how with Naruto everything but the manga has Shippuden titled in it now. And the people are most likely going to refer to the manga as One Piece:_______ and whatever gets chosen when they talk about the manga. But the actual manga title probably won't change.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Skyrius's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hm, name change or not, I don't think it matters XD

Although, just to note, isn't the only time a manga name changes when it changes magazines, right?

Anyways, going back, am I the only one who thinks that the biggest change isn't going to be about Luffy's crew (granted, they will all have matured and grown) but rather the state of the world itself? I mean, Blackbeard with a 2 year leave, Whitebeard dead, Sengoku and Garp stepping down, Smoker going to the New World. I can't help but feel that the biggest haul over is going to be the One Piece world status quo itself.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oni_James View Post
    Now we finally know what Oda meant when in Strong World he said "This is Luffy's last adventure as a 17 year old boy"
    and here i was getting shut down by the idea of a timeskip a couple months ago because of this line lol

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Geez's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyrius View Post
    Anyways, going back, am I the only one who thinks that the biggest change isn't going to be about Luffy's crew (granted, they will all have matured and grown) but rather the state of the world itself?
    You're right and I think that's really refreshing for the manga!
    In 2 years, many things can happen on Grand Line: Return of Enel and his "army", RA new moves, Moria's reappearance (yeah i like the invisible lion guy theory ) but imo the most intriguing thing is how the WG will handle the ex lvl 6 prisoners.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lunatic Scream's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I predict:
    Fleet Admiral Akainu. Sure Aokiji was recommended, but given the Gorousei's view on things, Akainu's the truly effective marine. The marines will have been transformed into a cold-blooded ruthlessly efficient pirate killing organization under his leadership.
    Vice-Admiral Coby.
    (Admiral Smoker?)

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatic Scream View Post
    I predict:
    Fleet Admiral Akainu. Sure Aokiji was recommended, but given the Gorousei's view on things, Akainu's the truly effective marine.
    Actually, we don't have any damn information on who the Gorusei would prefer as the next Fleet Admiral. I bet we'll know in one month. Let's wait.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Wolf D. Arius's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont think the Gorusei would hold Akainu "on the line", if you know what i mean. Hes more valuable as a fighter, hunting down everybody who is a thread to the WG and the Nobles.

GreeTz Wolf

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Sengoku also was a powerfull fighter before. I don't know why transfer such an powerfull individual to "bureaucratic" jobs, however they do so.

Fleet Admiral is who control the marines, and Akainu as the leader would represent the brutality it evolved after the death of Whitebeard. The marines now must do something about the New World islands left by Whitebeard, and the pirates inspired by his last words.

Aokiji, on the other hand, would represent that the marines become more lazy and slow...?
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Skyrius's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

In my personal opinion, Aokiji becoming Fleet Admiral wouldn't so much be "lazy" as remaining status quo. He's not ruthless like Akainu, but shows the same determination to stop pirates as Sengoku does. However, he has a sense of morality and honor, which would be essential to stop the Marines from becoming complete monsters in the eyes of the readers. Also, I think having Aokiji become Fleet Admiral has the most potential for the story in the long run. Having Akainu, who's so set and single-minded kind of forces Oda's hand to write in a certain way.

Well, I could always be wrong, but that's just my take XP

16. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Since marines are the bad guys, why not put "the baddest" (akainu) at charge? would make sense, btw aokiji might be a lazy guy, but giving orders and thinking strategies and such he could be really good.

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast