Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece Discussion & Long Time Prediction Thread

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member weird_pirate's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece: The New World

mayb chopper will look more uncute so like mayb??

Grand Secretariat 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope the physical appearance isn't too noticeable and different from the characters we fell in love with. I'd hate to see a less cute version of Chopper

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Aikidoka's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Akainu shouldn't be Fleet Admiral. From what we've seen so far the Fleet Admiral mostly does desk work. Akainu should be out there committing the acts of brutality to stay the monster we've come to view him as. It would be more effective IMO.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I get the impression oda intents to reboot the entire series with the timeskip so perhaps adding something to the title would fit.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not familiar with other manga series and how they did their timeskips...but this is Oda. He won't do anything just because someone else did it. Anytime there's been a time change in the narrative "A few days later/ago"...well, should be just about like that...just two years instead. No need to introduce new characters..no need to reintroduce familiar characters (except with a DON!).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Regarding Aokiji as Fleet Admiral, I think Sengoku has ulterior motives. This is a theory I've had in mind for a while, I think Sengoku has foreseen that one day BB will be stopped. And he knows that the day when that comes is the day when the Marines & Pirates form a temporary treaty in order to stop BB. Sengoku knows exactly how dangerous he is. That's why Sengoku placed Aokiji as Fleet Admiral because Aokiji is a pretty open-minded person. One of the reasons why Sengoku prefers Aokiji is because he was Garp's pupil. Garp was an open-minded person who doesn't always follow the rules. He disobeyed the order to kill Ace & Rouge. This is where Garp's influence on Aokiji lies. In other words, if they wanted to take BB down one day, they need someone like Aokiji at the top so both sides can cooperate. Aokiji respected Luffy a lot, just like Garp respected Roger & fulfilled his last wishes.

You know where I'm going with this, right?
    Luffy will obviously try & take down BB, but he would need the cooperation of the Marines to do so. From what we've seen at Impel Down & Aokiji's comments of Luffy's ability to make anyone into his allies even though they don't realize it, clearly foreshadows the partnership with the Marines.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it just me or did Rayleigh not really explain how the Conqueror Haki was going to be useful in battles against decently strong opponents? I mean yeah i get that it can take out all of the weaklings and save the user the trouble of physically taking them out. But i guess i just don't see much more use for it at this point.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    Is it just me or did Rayleigh not really explain how the Conqueror Haki was going to be useful in battles against decently strong opponents? I mean yeah i get that it can take out all of the weaklings and save the user the trouble of physically taking them out. But i guess i just don't see much more use for it at this point.
    Hence why it'll be the one Luffy gravitates to. Its the "most powerful" but all he said was, "oh, you have experienced this one". There's more to it.
    Gold Cobra

The Gold Cobra will slither unto us and turn all of our brains into Limp Bizkits.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    It's the basics. And not so many people has it, so it may be weird to be developed in other ways.

Anyway, I think it has to do with forcing things unlikely to happen to happen. And yes, I think Luffy luck has to do with this.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member hy4k's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

i dont necessary think conqueror haki is that useful in one on one battles. it's only use would be to intimidate people like shanks did. other than that it seems invaluable when facing armies

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hy4k View Post
    i dont necessary think conqueror haki is that useful in one on one battles. it's only use would be to intimidate people like shanks did. other than that it seems invaluable when facing armies
    Every time Luffy used the conqueror haki every body was shocked and scared. Even Admirals:
    http://haven-reader.net/index.php?mo...ge=1&next=true
    Just think about it. One Piece is a shonen battle manga. It's protagonist has the rarest type of power possible.
    OF COURSE it will be the most usefull and strongest type of haki for combat. Making people faint is just basic. Like the gum gum fruit gives you the basic ability to stretch but look what luffy was able to do with this kind of ability

13. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Aikidoka's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Like jimm says, it's only the basics so I wouldn't be surprised if Luffy came up with new and inventive ways to use it. Also agreed with Josl's comment -- Luffy's ingenious when it comes to his powers, so Conqueror Haki will definitely see much more than its basic use.

I also think Conqueror Haki's use is much more valuable in army settings than people think -- think of the WB War. Whitebeard could shrug off pretty much all the fodder attacks that came his way, but I'd bet that they at least contributed something to his eventual defeat. If he had been in "peak" condition (even with the sickness), he probably could have fought Akainu on more equal grounds.

That's where Conqueror Haki comes into play -- take out all the annoying fodder first so you can concentrate your max abilities on the deadlier opponents.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Skyrius's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There's already been a whole argument over the uses of Conqueror's haki here:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63701

XD But to reiterate, think about Water 7 and Enies Lobby and Shabondy. Getting rid of cannon fodder quickly is essential in timed events. Likewise, Luffy's level of haki has been shown to be enough to take out New World pirates allied with Whitebeard and elite Marine soldiers from HQ (yes, yes, they're still cannon fodder, but it's the thought that counts). Besides, as Law's pirates mentioned, when Rayleigh unleashed his Conqueror's haki, a couple of them almost fainted. So if it can distract a stronger enemy for even a second, at a high stakes, high level battle, a moments hesitation is enough to turn the tide.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Is there any real doubt that Smoker won't be promoted to at least a Rear Admiral once he eventually is permitted to transfer over to the G-5 Marine base in the New World?

I would like to say that he will end up being a Vice Admiral, but we don't know if any of the Vice Admirals will be promoted to Admiral. And in all likely hood there won't be any promoted. Plus Smoker himself has stated that there are those weaker then him who hold higher positions. So that could also play a bit of a factor in him chasing promotions, since he really doesn't seem to be into that. I also expect Smoker to not use his Jute anymore, seeing as how it was broken by Hancock. And i think after two years in hard NW conditions he will be strong enough to use the Haki of Armament.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Geez's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know whether Tom (water7 arc) has been executed or just tossed in impel down ?
    Well, if he was in prison, he might have seized the opportunity to escape like the other level 6 and be on his way to FI... just random tought, sorry if it's stupid !

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast