Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece Discussion & Long Time Prediction Thread

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Rosebullet Teacher's Avatar
    Obsessively checking the One Piece spoiler page
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece Discussion & Long Time Prediction Thread

I want to see how shanks got on Rogers ship, since he was still apprentice level.

Roger went into the Grandline, travelled a bit, came out then re-entered on his Pirate King run = i dont think Shanks or Buggy were with him for the first run cos then Buggy wouldve known who the Straw Hats original owner was. Plus everyone on the Roger ship looks older & more worldweary like theyre amused by Shanks&Buggys innocence compared to them who are having a second go through(once again now, & with feeling!).

Im expecting something Shanks did made Roger want him to see the world so he brought him along & maybe thats why hes never tried to change the world in a big way since thats the world the man he admired created & he has no desire to blemish it

FuS
    Is Pandaman scared of the New World?

Word my boys independent hip-hop video check it out if thats your bag Illite MC - Trolling www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GaGXuQNvWU

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Jorge, if it were like that, then he would have died, and his ability wouldn't be logia. Countless times, BB was burned, cut, stabbed, punched, etc, but he was never scarred or never had aftereffects

Geez, What I mean is, maybe Oda said "haki", but the translators took it as the Co Haki, and Oda was saying ambition/spirit. On the site I go to, it calls it spirit. Besides, does it really mater anymore? Within the time skip, he probably learned haki if he didn't already know it, cuz I just can't see BB as that powerful if he gets owned by a logia admiral or something.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Geez's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Re: One Piece Discussion & Long Time Prediction Thread

Well, for quite a long time I have these thoughts about One Piece... some weird coincidences that needed to be cleared. These are only hypothesis and i'm aware that they can be totally wrong

First of all, this "Weather Accident" is nothing like luck to me. I am pretty sure that someone in Gol D. Roger's crew made this happen. And if that's actually true and Raftel a real island impossible to reach, it would explain how these people are able to go anywhere they want despite the elements. The gift to hear all voices may have turned Gold Roger in a natural log pose, thus capable to guide his ship in the wildest seas.

I have read somewhere that Oda built the name Loguetown from "prologue" and "epilogue". We can assume it's about Roger... A same place, two different times : a start and an end (which created another start ). What if Oda cooked the same thing for Raftel ?
    I always thought that Raftel was a place that contained the ruins of the old kingdom, the one that fell during the void century. Maybe an intact city. And, like Atlantis, which technology was also hyper advanced, the city have been hidden in a precise purpose, becoming a place normally impossible to reach.
    Besides, since a few weeks, some people began to speak about Davy Jones because of the data book and it made me think about Pirates of Caribbean (ok it MAY not be the best reference here... lol). In the movie, they went to the end of the world to find Davy Jones' locker and in order to get outta there, they had to flip their boat upside down.

Two ideas crossed my mind :
    1- the end of the world in One Piece would be in fact the same place that starts it : Reverse Mountain. This idea reminds a lot the "loguetown thing" Oda thought about.
    2- If Raftel is there, it has to be under it and upside down. The gravity issue explains why Reverse Mountain is like this. It also implies that Raftel is not on Grand Line, and thus explains the magnetic field problem.

Edit: Since i posted it, i thought about it and added 2 ideas :

1- For me, the void century is a war that occurred between the fallen kingdom and another one (or a coalition) now represented by Marijoa. That's why, the better place to hide the old Nobles enemies' city is there, at the opposite of the world.

2- Now it may look stupid but in every Pirate story, there is a treasure. To reach this treasure, there is most of the time a treasure map with a beautiful " X" on it. I wondered whether we saw it in One Piece, in any kind of situation and there I found it ! The four canals that "push" water from Reverse Mountain form a big giant "X". It might be a coincidence... an artful coincidence
    Last edited by Geez; November 04, 2010 at 11:28 PM.

5. Thanks 36 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Finale's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I predict in chapter 666, which will occur right after or near the wrap up of fishman island, that we will see Magellan again and he has become a vice admiral. Garp said that was as high a rank he needed to do what he wants and that would let him pursue the escaped convicts, in a sense trying to clean up the mess that was made at ID. He will have a rivalry with Smoker since they are both after Luffy.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member johnnyb7's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that Dragon and Garp are going to have to confront each other at some point considering they're in direct conflict. When Dragon tries to overthrow the government I think this may happen, along with this I think Garp's going to be killed. I know this is dark, but I don't think they're going to have Dragon be a perfectly just character fighting to save the world from the evil government. While the world government is obviously horribly corrupt, overthrowing it will mean he kills thousands and thousands of marines and world government officials to do so. I think Dragon will kill Garp, and when Luffy meets Dragon he'll kick his ass. My own predictions, I could be wrong I know but something between Dragon and Garp has to happen, and I can't imagine him ignoring Dragon or joining him by any means.
    One Piece Predictions
    Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member fistsofrage's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Since dragon seems to be the strongest guy in the world, it would be awesome if he turned out to be the final villain.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Oro-jackson5's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fistsofrage View Post
    Since dragon seems to be the strongest guy in the world, it would be awesome if he turned out to be the final villain.
    This hasn't been proven yet, but he is the most wanted man in the world..
    i kinda doubt hes going to be a villain (i wouldn't want him to be one)
    Hes helped luffy in louge town.. and he took Nico Robin under his wing..

When the revolutionarys make their move, i think the straw hats are going to find out about the void century and more about the government.. and this will prob be near the end of the series.. I think the straw hats will find One Piece first and then this will lead up to the final battle between the REVOS and the GOVERNMENT and every notorious pirate willing to join.. White beard war x2......
    ]

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oro-jackson5 View Post
    This hasn't been proven yet, but he is the most wanted man in the world..
    i kinda doubt hes going to be a villain (i wouldn't want him to be one)
    Hes helped luffy in louge town.. and he took Nico Robin under his wing..

When the revolutionarys make their move, i think the straw hats are going to find out about the void century and more about the government.. and this will prob be near the end of the series.. I think the straw hats will find One Piece first and then this will lead up to the final battle between the REVOS and the GOVERNMENT and every notorious pirate willing to join.. White beard war x2......
    me nither..i totally won't accept if dragon is bad in the end ....speaking of the void century i'm really curious what events could have occurred for the WG to erase it from history...definitely very suspicious....i guess this is second on my most awaited things to be reveled....of course first i want to see what one piece is and if the 2 are related to each other (which i think it is)that would be great

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the One Piece is the True Story about the "Void Century". Simply every single Information that Roger and his crew gathered while crossing the GrandLine and then hiding it. I guess knowing the truth about that part of the History really fits to be the "greatest Treasure" in the World.

12. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Boomi's Avatar
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Geez View Post

First of all, this "Weather Accident" is nothing like luck to me.I am pretty sure that someone in Gol D. Roger's crew made this happen.
    I'm not familiar with the common assumptions (1st post in the one piece forum hi all xD) so forgive me if I'm about to tell you somethin everyone knows...but in Loguetown when Dragon saved Luffys ass he changed the weather didn't he? First he Zeuslightninged Buggy etc...

Agewise I think there is no problem with Dragon beeing on Rogers Ship at that time.
    Last edited by Boomi; November 16, 2010 at 01:57 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Geez's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boomi View Post
    I'm not familiar with the common assumptions (1st post in the one piece forum hi all xD) so forgive me if I'm about to tell you somethin everyone knows...but in Loguetown when Dragon saved Luffys ass he changed the weather didn't he? First he Zeuslightninged Buggy etc...

Agewise I think there is no problem with Dragon beeing on Rogers Ship at that time.
    I forgive you 'cause it was not my point lol At the time, i dind't know there was a Raftel thread, so i was just saying that if there is an island impossible to reach and if it's because of the weather around it, it would not be a problem since Roger's crew seems to control weather

About Dragon, his past is total mystery... so you could be right !

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hokageji's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

i predict elbaf right after this atrc...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Channy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hokageji View Post
    i predict elbaf right after this atrc...
    Yes i agree i definitely think that there will be an Elbaf arc in the next 2 to 3 arcs and in this arc Usopp and Luffy will meet Dorry and Brogy again with Kāshī and Oimo as well not sure if it will be a big arc or even if there will be a antagonist in the arc all i think is Elbaf soon hopefully

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DEATHBOTT's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

doubt elbaf will be so soon because ussops dream (or part of it) would be over to soon before the end of the series

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Organizized's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

The one plot-related idea/prediction I have for the Elbaf arc is Big Mom will be somehow involved. Mostly because I think that Big Mom is literally a giant. Just something that stuck with me as I thought of it.

I don't agree that Elbaf will be right after Fishman Island, though. I'd like to think there's gonna be another couple of arcs in the New World before we get there. But that's also probably because I'm hoping for Big Mom to be there, and I don't want Oda to force the Yonkou on us too soon.

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
Thread Closed
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast