Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Who's behind Gantz and Aliens

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gantz is against Aliens/Robots, and Aliens/Robots against Gantz; Earth is a battlefield

21 29.58%
  • Aliens are Gantz too, and Robots are a new threat to Earth

5 7.04%
  • Robots/Aliens are unknown and Gantz is working for Earth

11 15.49%
  • Aliens/Robots innocent, Gantz bad....

3 4.23%
  • It's all a game.

15 21.13%
  • I give up.

16 22.54%
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who is behind Gantz and Aliens

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Who is behind Gantz and Aliens

Let's get our clues together:

Sebastian is suspicious
    Aliens linked to human history and culture
    Gantz is man-manufacturd
    Normal Gantzers are always confused
    We don't know who's pulling the strings.
    The new robots look like they were inspired by terminator and alien movies.

"Heh whatever" -Nishi
    7Seeds Best Manga Ever.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Eksh's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who is behind Gantz and Aliens

If Gantz is preparing the human race to survive the Katastrophe:

- The invasion isn't directly related to Gantz [The aliens invading weren't the ones who created Gantz, if they wanna invade Earth they wouldn't train warriors to stop them]
    - It could be that if the theory is right, the good aliens may also come to Earth and help the human race survive

If the invasion is indeed of the ones who are behind Gantz

- My theory here? The aliens that all the Gantzers killed in their missions? Those were.. The good guys, yep. The aliens couldn't invade with the aliens on Earth, and after the final misson they could finally do whatever they want. In the end the Onion Kid was the one supposed to save Earth, you'll see! I'd say this is the theory for now, considering most of the aliens didn't attack the Gantzers before they were attacked..

Those are my 2 theories, though I prefer the second. Sebastian imo stands for the first one though, because he didn't care about killing people,maybe he was some kind of an alien spy reporting to his allies?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Gantz is not necessarily man-made. It was built by men, yes, but there is a good chance that aliens designed the technology. Katastrophe was on a timer. That means either Gantz initiated the attack or was in some way able to predict it. Assuming the robot meteor things traveled through space to come to earth, it's plausible that Gantz could track them and predict their arrival.

The aliens killed thus far by Tokyo are unlikely to be the good guys. Onion aliens, sure. Maybe. Oni aliens, Vampires and Nurarihyon? No fucking way. Some aliens even fought each other (dino mission). The aliens are mostly likely not working together, and so they can't be the 'good guys'. I'd like to see the aliens we've met with so far take on these robots. 95% would be slaughtered. The aliens didn't attack the Gantzer's because they had no idea who or what they were until they started shooting.

Gantz did not actually train warriors. It collected humans and sent them to fight aliens in order to raise money and influence governments. You can't call Tokyo's Gantzer's "trained fighters" when only two of them have ever used a H-gun, and none of them have flown a bike.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's implied Gantz was a betting game, and that could be partly true.
    It could have been a lie though.

Vampires and Oni aliens knew something and saw Gantzers as enemies. Other aliens wondered why Gantzers were killing them. Later it's revealed Gantzers emit signals which make Aliens want to kill them. Inconsistent, yet the ending was supposedly being planned long ago. Oku had to make some changes and left some holes through out Gantz. I wonder if he did that for the ending to work.

Nothing has really been revealed, only planned by Gantz. One theme I see is helplessness of people. All the Tokyo Gantzers are trying to keep their loved ones alive. No one knows what's going on.

Possibilities:
    It would make sense that Gantz is still in control of the Gantzers and they will all be summoned and informed of how to do something by say Sebastian. The vampires are the enemies with the aliens.

Or Sebastian could be the villian and/or introduce the main villian (vampires?) if someone is actually controlling Gantz.

Gantz could be out of control and complete chaos will ensue.

Edit in response to post below:
    That does appear to be the case. Gantz's sole mission is wiping out aliens. But all that glitters is not gold.
    Last edited by cassaruby; October 01, 2009 at 10:10 PM.

"Heh whatever" -Nishi
    7Seeds Best Manga Ever.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I think its just as simple as Gantz is against all aliens so the aliens are forced to be against Gantz.

Obviously not all the aliens are innocent as many have claerly tried to kill lots of innocent people that weren't involved with Gantz, but also, many aliens have no idea what's going on when Gantzers come to get them and don't understand why there are being attacked.

And that's why I don't think Gantz is good either. It seems to just be set on exterminating all the aliens on Earth regardless as to whether or not they are a threat to humanity.

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.
    <%M3J> Though I wouldn't mind Sari dominating me.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Eksh's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

@ Damura - The aliens know about the hunters. In the Nuri mission it was stated that the aliens are getting a "Hunter Signal" from the Gantzers, just like the radar shows alien signals, so the Aliens knew what's coming.

@ cassa - I think It's rally a betting game, but this was the "excuse for the humans". After all, if the bad aliens are behind Gantz, they wouldn't tell the professor how to build a "device that will help them destroy the human kind" right? They probably suggested the betting and the prophit it'll gain to the company to make the professor actually listen and do as his daughter "said"

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

The hunter signal has not necessarily been in effect every mission. It could be thought of as a means for Gantz to ensure that everybody fights. The 'elite' from all over the world watch these fights and gamble on them. It is possible that the signal is only used when necessary. The 'hunter signal' provokes aliens into attacking, but it doesn't show the aliens the Gantzers exact location (which is why Nuri struggled to locate Reika), and it doesn't tell them why they need to fight. Some aliens know about hunters (Oni, Vampires). Other aliens do not (Onion, Tanaka).

- Onion Alien
    - Tanaka Alien
    - Tae Alien
    - Dino Alien (some of them)
    - Vampires

None of these aliens were compelled to fight. We've only had proof of the Nuri aliens having an urge to fight.

Anyway my point is that Aliens don't necessarily know about Gantz, and they are probably not always compelled to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by cassaruby View Post
    It's implied Gantz was a betting game, and that could be partly true.
    It could have been a lie though.
    Unlikely to be a lie.

1. No reason from a writer's point of view to lie about this.
    2. There was an explanation given in the story to explain why it was being revealed ("no one will believe it anyway" + "most governments and influential people are in on Gantz"), supported by the lack of security in the Gantz factory.
    3. It was advertised as a big reveal of Gantz's true purpose.
    4. Gantz, at least the gambling side of it, was shut down days(?) before the world was invaded by giant robots.
    Last edited by Damura; October 02, 2009 at 01:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Amnesiac's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

My speculation:

1 - The robots belong to some big bad aliens that routinely attack other civilizations. (maybe they need extra planets, maybe they need some kind of resource, or maybe they just don't want other civilizations to get technologically advanced)

2 - Over the centuries many alien refugees came to earth, some of them would be the source of the nano machines that lead to the existence of the vampires.

3 - A rebel group sent to Earth the information of gantz tech so that maybe we would be able to repel thee coming attack. (marked by the katastrophe timer)

4 - The ones who ended up receiving the information (the german company) used the alien tech to make pointless hunting games, ironically probably many times against aliens that would have helped them fighting off the invasion.

5 - The big bad aliens arrive, and the Earth is fucked.

Then Sebastian would be a herald of the invading forces. Maybe he was the one who distorted the use of gantz tech into hunting games.
    Last edited by Amnesiac; October 03, 2009 at 02:48 PM.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kaliayev's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@amnesiac

Mine would add that some of species that were attacked capitulated/became fervent followers, make a few changes to number three (I see gantz as more of a universal force than the creation of a single species. That is, the destructive entity and gantz play out the cliche scenario of good, relatively, vs. evil with various species throughout the universe. With each planet, gantz would adapt its equipment to the technology and body-structure of the dominant species. So far, gantz has been losing, though, as always, there's something special about humanity. XD), and remove number four. While you and I have similar outlooks on the situation, outlines such as these, which promote the idea that gantz is ultimately benevolent, make it difficult to reconcile the defense of the human species against whatever destructive entity underlies the invasion and the targeting of possible refugees during missions. In my mind, with my scenario, the best solution I have is that gantz gave the dominant species of each planet one opportunity to defend their respective native planets, and after the subsequent failure and exodus, said species of refugees were exempt from further assistance. While it would make some sense to seek an alliance with those who have been wronged by the destructive entity than to actively hunt them, gantz supports, while following specific rules, a merit-based reward system, which would necessitate the hunting of the refugee species in order to increase the equipment acquired by the representative hunters of the planet's dominant species. Of course, your speculation that the technology simply fell into the wrong hands, or at least was partially manipulated by the wrong people, solves that problem as well.

p.s. I wouldn't be surprised if Nishi, upon encountering the underlying destructive entity, decided to play the role of turncoat.

p.p.s. Didn't vote because mine shares elements with several of the options, yet is too ambiguous to satisfy any.
    Hello, Dave. Is that you, Dave?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Tumerking's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I give up. I've had many many predictions about Gantz and they've all been dead wrong. I've learned to just sit back, let Oku do his thing, and enjoy the ride.

Gantz is my crack

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Mushashi's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

yeh im pretty much agreeing with tumer, but the way the story is going i think that the aliens and robots are from another planet, gantz in an underground organisation who was originaly trying to fight the alians back in the shadows. although with this theory there are a few flaws, firstly if all gantz needed were more warriors why when the gantzers die they dont just bring them back from there memories like the option for when 100 points is reached, i guess we will have to sit back and let oku do his thing

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Amnesiac's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kaliayev View Post
    p.s. I wouldn't be surprised if Nishi, upon encountering the underlying destructive entity, decided to play the role of turncoat.
    Haha neither would I. Offering powerful equipment in return would seal the deal quite nicely.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Damura View Post
    The aliens killed thus far by Tokyo are unlikely to be the good guys. Onion aliens, sure. Maybe. Oni aliens, Vampires and Nurarihyon? No fucking way. Some aliens even fought each other (dino mission). The aliens are mostly likely not working together, and so they can't be the 'good guys'. I'd like to see the aliens we've met with so far take on these robots. 95% would be slaughtered. The aliens didn't attack the Gantzer's because they had no idea who or what they were until they started shooting.

Gantz did not actually train warriors. It collected humans and sent them to fight aliens in order to raise money and influence governments. You can't call Tokyo's Gantzer's "trained fighters" when only two of them have ever used a H-gun, and none of them have flown a bike.
    smart post, alot of good theories in this thread

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Surreaoland's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Demura, nice analysis there.

I want to elaborate that I do not think Gantz is a 'gambling game'. The CEO of the manufacturer was:

1 - Lying. He could arrange for reporters' deaths, but perhaps he does not direct the purchased Gantz balls, etc. Maybe he created the technology and could not manage it, which is the reason he would not expose truths when they'd endanger his reputation.
    2 - Superficial truth. He created the Gantz from an alien source (perhaps it was via his daughter) and created a secondary purpose for it that's founded upon the alien's purpose as a superficial motive. We have the CEO's motive revealed, but I wonder about the alien's motive who potentially manipulated him.
    3 - Alien director. He is an alien and deceived the reporter with a valid story that is consistent with human naure: Greed, utilizing beneficial technology ruthlessly for wealth. His true purpose will be unveiled in due time.

I'm very excited to see which one is correct, though, or if there's an alternate possibility.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Aland Islands
    Post Thanks / Like

It's God, or someone whose technology is powerful enough to duplicate his powers.

Think about the powers/traits of Gantz:

1. Resurrection.
    2. Gives out rather vague rules that you must follow or face horrible punishment.
    3. In the end, gives a great reward to those who follow said rules.
    4. Seems to hate demons (aliens) on his territory.
    5. Writes his commandments in a list like I am here.

Perhaps Sebastian is God, or was hinting that someone using advanced could be indistinguishable from God. If you had nanotechnology infesting everything, you could pretty much cause/control any actions.
    Last edited by gantzaccount; September 10, 2010 at 05:12 AM.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast