Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Gantz Forum fan manga

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member UNICOMICS's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Gantz Forum fan manga

Hello my name is unicomics I'm new in the forum, I've been visiting as a guest to find out info about gantz and predictions and all that stuff so i thought i would sign up. I am a big fan of gantz and it has been offered before but I was thinking to start up a fan manga based on the forum members and such. I have done a forum manga before on another forum and it everyone liked it and I got up to like 160 pages worth with it.

so yeah basically what I am asking if you guys or gals would to be in the manga as a real character. so yeah let me know if your interested or not.

edit:

I made this with 3D programe

Uni
    Last edited by UNICOMICS; August 25, 2010 at 03:04 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz Forum fan manga

sweet sounds cool, i vote to be kei kurono. just kidding ^^
    I would love to see some cool looking aliens

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a few sweet ideas for aliens but if you have some alien designs that would be awesome too. I want to try and re capture some stand alone missions like in the first two Gantz phazes and play with the idea of more than one team of Gantzers and stuff maybe even dare to make new weapons maybe. if need be ill start the ball rolling (no pun intended) by having the first gantzer enter the world of Gantz.

heres the first page
    Last edited by UNICOMICS; August 26, 2010 at 09:52 PM.

4. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity warbandit66's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a pretty neat idea. How exactly do you plan on going about converting those willing into characters?
    Jiraiya: His hair are the best

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

well i will base it off either avatars or sigs basically oh ill do it how ever you would like to look like in the manga

Last edited by UNICOMICS; August 28, 2010 at 06:59 AM.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

As for a alien design something of the build like nurai's final form. Having like a devils face, Sort of like Oni boss true face, but i didn't like his mouth, nurai's was alot better.
    Another type of aliens. little aliens, With like 4 arms and are small, up to waist height.

As for weapons, perhap a kind of bomb or a throwing weapon that has razor blades on the sides, so like a little gantz ball with blades at the side of it and spin. Having the blades extend like the sword would be cool, The sword is prob the coolest normal weapon in gantz.

Are you going to have someone who already knows about gantz in the team? I personally thought that kyou from the osaka team was smart, he knew how to make the x gun into a scaner gun to see how many points.

Cool pics so far I'm really liking this so far its interesting, Checked a couple of your drawings on deviantart. I like the fake film noir, good job! It will be interesting to see how some people die. If i come up with any idea's i'll let you know.
    Last edited by 102jayday; August 29, 2010 at 05:09 AM.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

How long did it take you to come up with these pages?

Also, where is this set? Tokyo?

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 102jayday View Post
    As for a alien design something of the build like nurai's final form. Having like a devils face, Sort of like Oni boss true face, but i didn't like his mouth, nurai's was alot better.
    Another type of aliens. little aliens, With like 4 arms and are small, up to waist height.

As for weapons, perhap a kind of bomb or a throwing weapon that has razor blades on the sides, so like a little gantz ball with blades at the side of it and spin. Having the blades extend like the sword would be cool, The sword is prob the coolest normal weapon in gantz.

Are you going to have someone who already knows about gantz in the team? I personally thought that kyou from the osaka team was smart, he knew how to make the x gun into a scaner gun to see how many points.

Cool pics so far I'm really liking this so far its interesting, Checked a couple of your drawings on deviantart. I like the fake film noir, good job! It will be interesting to see how some people die. If i come up with any idea's i'll let you know.
    I have a idea ready for the first alien i just need people to say they want to be in it now then i can get this started erm. when people want to join i dont want back stories and stuff like that because i can do that myself and it makes it more fun me and hopefully for you (and anyone reading it) and it makes it hard to predict as well. as for weapons i have a few good ideas for that and I hope everyone will like them. Thank you for looking at my DA page glad to hear that thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Damura View Post
    How long did it take you to come up with these pages?

Also, where is this set? Tokyo?
    it takes me roughly a hour to do

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Do a tall, lanky black guy + a chubby guy with a lot of facial hair.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well allow me to be the first to volunteer to be apart of this gantz team. Do you need any info on looks? Or how my attitude is? Names Jay, nickname is JD Slayer(I could see gantz doing that >_> ).....people from senior school years called me that lol.

This lady
    http://www.mangathat.com/gantz/70/GT196
    or
    This lady
    http://www.ourmanga.com/Gantz/131/12-001

Looking forward to the next pages
    Last edited by 102jayday; August 29, 2010 at 09:32 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

God what can i say.....
    its awesome that someone wants to do gantz manga if any help you can count with me im a fan of gantz

Scanlator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jide's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see someone doing a fan manga for Gantz, it will make the break between chapters more bearable and interesting. If you’re willing to you can add me to your character roster if you wish. Based on my display pic I’m around 6ft high and have a slim build.

So will the pages be hosted on your DA account or here?

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

the pages will be hosted on my blog that you can find through my DA and ill will post the pages from there onto here and im glad you want to be in the manga ill be posting some more pages in a few moments so look out for your character

also i am glad to do something like this because it has been bugging me for months to do one and so now i have a good reason to do so

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, well its made me feel like writing again ^^ I use to write stories all the time but i just stop from uni....
    Justin beiber copied my hair style, my hair was like that before he was born >_> and everybody now is like ooo you have justin beiber hair. Im short than most i think just under 6 foot, well normal height, i tend to look like my avatar light yagami. My cousin who watched death note said i should put on a school uniform and have a red apple when a cosplay shot lol...
    Yeah we all have to wait 2 more weeks for gantz now >.>
    Last edited by 102jayday; September 01, 2010 at 06:49 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UNICOMICS View Post
    Hello my name is unicomics I'm new in the forum, I've been visiting as a guest to find out info about gantz and predictions and all that stuff so i thought i would sign up. I am a big fan of gantz and it has been offered before but I was thinking to start up a fan manga based on the forum members and such. I have done a forum manga before on another forum and it everyone liked it and I got up to like 160 pages worth with it.

so yeah basically what I am asking if you guys or gals would to be in the manga as a real character. so yeah let me know if your interested or not.
    Oh, oh, I want to be a character! Or at least make my avatar into a character (it's Kyo from Samurai Deeper Kyo).

I say this should be set in Las Vegas, Nevada, and aliens could be comprised of the different figurines and statues you see in the area. (The vegas Statue of Liberty could be one). Maybe even an alien that's dressed up like Elvis Presley.

From the window in the apartment you can have a famous landmark in vegas visible like the stratosphere.

New Reply
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast