Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Heaven vs. Hell similarity?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member kenjiIkichiha's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Heaven vs. Hell similarity?

Is Kubo trying to make one? Because that some people are mentioning that the Royal King is like God, so if Aizen dies, maybe there's a final villian in the shadows could be Satan? Because Seiretei (sorry for spelling) and Hueco Mundo are kinda opposites..I know that Hueco Mundo doesnt have a ruler, but as well as the Royal King is living another dimension, maybe the final villain can be living in the seperate dimension as well. Leaving Aizen or Barragan is there to control Hueco Mundo..and maybe (i'll like to call him "the Monarch" or whatever lol) hiding in the shadows...he could have his "royal guards" which are probably strong Vastolordes...what do you think? Ichigo and the Soul Society taking on the Hell's royal guard and the final villain?
    Last edited by kenjiIkichiha; August 26, 2010 at 01:29 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Heaven vs. Hell similarity?

isn´t this a christian way to think of heaven and hell or do they also exist in buddism where shinigami etc originate from?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

If you're talking about hell, it exists in Bleach. It was shown veeeeeeeery early on. It is seperate from Hueco Mundo. Not to go in depth, but I don't think we'll see anymore Vasto Lorde. And most people think the next enemy will indeed be from hell. Heck maybe Aizen will make a return from hell, or something like that. Wouldn't surprise me.

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Considering that Hell will be shown in a non-canon movie, I don't think Kubo is going to explore it any deeper in the manga. Hueco Mundo is more akin to a place where lost souls are trapped. Hollow were never supposed to be sinful in life, only one hollow was so evil in life that he went to hell, they are beings tied to the earth by regret, sadness, or fear. Orihime's brother is the perfect example, he was a good person in life but became a hollow because he couldn't say goodbye to her. I've seen nothing in the series to suggest any subtext about sin, redemption, and transcendence. From the Substitute arc to the Ichigo vs. Aizen fight Bleach has been about overcoming your fears and insecurities, doing your best, and overcoming the challenges you face in life.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member NinjaPenguinator's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm watching through the first episodes now, and it was explained how Shinigami sent most souls to 'heaven' (SS) and hollows were sent to 'hell'.

If kubo wants to change or modify or explain it better than that, I wouldn't mind.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaPenguinator View Post
    I'm watching through the first episodes now, and it was explained how Shinigami sent most souls to 'heaven' (SS) and hollows were sent to 'hell'.

If kubo wants to change or modify or explain it better than that, I wouldn't mind.
    Wrong, it is explained most souls go to Heaven or Hell, however hollows can not control who they are, when they are finally killed they are decided upon where they go dependent on the life they lived.

Rapist goes to hell.
    Non-rapist doesn't.

No matter if they were turned to hollow or not.

Really doesn't matter though kubo doesn't explain anything and when he tries to instate a plotkai he contridicts what it was said in previous chapters. He used to be awesome, bleach used to awesome, awesome backgrounds, characters etc. Until SS ended, then it went full retard.

WHO EVER SAID ESPADAS GO FROM 1-10?

Kubos gotten to the point long ago his idea of a background is a white screen.
    Last edited by Cizuz; September 06, 2010 at 04:36 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Richo's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cizuz View Post
    Wrong, it is explained most souls go to Heaven or Hell, however hollows can not control who they are, when they are finally killed they are decided upon where they go dependent on the life they lived.

Rapist goes to hell.
    Non-rapist doesn't.

No matter if they were turned to hollow or not.

Really doesn't matter though kubo doesn't explain anything and when he tries to instate a plotkai he contridicts what it was said in previous chapters. He used to be awesome, bleach used to awesome, awesome backgrounds, characters etc. Until SS ended, then it went full retard.

WHO EVER SAID ESPADAS GO FROM 1-10?

Kubos gotten to the point long ago his idea of a background is a white screen.
    thats wrong iirc. there is the real world, SS, HM, Royal dimension and the dangai and its hollow equilavant. People die in the real world and become souls and shinigami helps them to go to SS where they stay another 60ish years and then be reborn into the real world, note that only souls with no spiritual powers do this since shinigami can become 2000 years like the head captain. Souls that not make it to SS will become hollows and go HM and start their cycle of evolution there or become purified. When a hollow is purified by a shinigami it goes to SS and continues its cycle there however if a soul during its stay in the real world has sinned so vigirously it will be sent to hell instead of SS.
    We do know hell exists but we do not know if an actual heaven exists and how someone could get there since even hell sets standards to its inhabitants which has been shown.
    Personaly I believe there is no real heaven in the bleach universe, Bleach is described as a savage universe where even the "peacefull" SS is corrupted.
    The only possibility for heaven is the kings dimension and its trusted gaurd where the most pure shinigami go to.

New Reply