Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: Manga Page "Options and Subscriptions" Suggestion

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Xman's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Manga Page "Options and Subscriptions" Suggestion

Heya,

1st, the Manga Page update list is very awesome

But, I would like to add some suggestion. and I'm sure you have seen it in alot of websites before....

Well, It would be awesome if you can you add a slot in the Options and Subscriptions section at Manga pages, where I can add a number of the last chapter I read/download...

It would be nice to track which chapter I finish. because you see, I read alot of Manga and I lose track of new chapters and the chapters I finished so far

P.S. it could be added anywhere, you could say you can put a slot into My Action sections :>
    Last edited by Xman; March 22, 2010 at 04:00 AM.

Intl Translator 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner AoiKage's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Manga Page "Options and Subscriptions" Suggestion

Hmm, you're not the only one with a bad memory for chapter numbers!
    Everytime I feel like start reading something I put on hiatus again I end up giving up because I don't know what was the last chapter I read

As a solution, I started writing the number of the last chapter I read for every series I follow (except for the WSJ series, my memory is not so bad yet ) on my own, since I don't think this is an important feature and I guess the admins probably won't spend their time to implement such feature just for dumb people like me. ^^

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I would have to copy and past every Manga name and stuff. at that point, I think I lost the point of having My Favorites list D':

よろず屋 / Yorozuya 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Nimloth's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd rather make the system remember the last chapter number you read automatically ;}

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nimloth View Post
    I'd rather make the system remember the last chapter number you read automatically ;}
    Well, that would be way harder than an empty slot that can updated with a number.

よろず屋 / Yorozuya 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Nimloth's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Xman View Post
    Well, that would be way harder than an empty slot that can updated with a number.
    Not really.

Storing latest_chapter_read for every user for every manga as a field that requires making an admin input, a form to store, etc is roughly the same or less work than making the system remember it for you.

And that is pretty much my official take on this -- if this is to be created, it will be made properly by the system to remember on its' own -- not manual input fields for all manga.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nimloth View Post
    Not really.

Storing latest_chapter_read for every user for every manga as a field that requires making an admin input, a form to store, etc is roughly the same or less work than making the system remember it for you.

And that is pretty much my official take on this -- if this is to be created, it will be made properly by the system to remember on its' own -- not manual input fields for all manga.
    I got your point, but I think that would required an Online Veiwing for every manga and each chapter, sometimes you find a link for another website OV/Download, or maybe you checked that chapter in another website before opening the link from MH. and you want to update the last number you got.

Banned 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

i usually bookmark the chapter, the subscription also need to forum user to pay money in mastercard and paypal. very troublesome.

New Reply