Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How will Oda handle the timeskip?

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How will Oda handle the timeskip?

Quote Originally Posted by tret16 View Post
    1. I got to admit, i'm more interrested in seeing how Usopp is goin to turn out. Like i have said before in a previews thread,all that fat has got to go somewhere, and i think that it's goin to play a big part in his muscle mass. I think that's the main reason why Oda made it a point to make him fat right before the timeskip and then also made a point to make Usopp say that he was goin to workout to get stronger. So i'm ready to see a much more buff Usopp and also like kkck said, more heavy duty shots and also new weapon to go along with those shots.

2. The way i see Oda getting the crew back together is that they will infact all meet up a SA and then find out by the ones guarding the ship that they could stop them from taking the ship. This will lay a good ground for the crew to get reaquinted and also get there names noticed once again after such a long abscence from the marnes eyes.

3. I believe that throughout the entire ordeal of getting there ship back, we are goin to see bits and pieces of each strawhats training which i think is what Oda needs time to think about...
    you do know that fat can't get converted into protein (or muscle), don't you?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tret16's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    you do know that fat can't get converted into protein (or muscle), don't you?
    and you do know that you need water to be able to form muscle and fat has a hell of alot of muscle... i know alot about working out and muscle building. can we please stay on subject instead of trying to nit pick at small details that most people don't know a thing about please...

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.cloudmanga.com/Wanted_Oda...o_Tanpenshu/4/
    I think we might see the country of wano. Here is what it looked like 500 years ago. It'd be interesting if more of ryuma's life is revealed.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that it'll be nice to see everyone return back in the order they left Shabondy. Zoro was the first to leave i think so he'll b the fist to come back and wait for the rest of the crew. Then one by one they all come back in the order they left with Luffy being the last member to join up.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I think zoro will be the first to leave for shanbody due to finishing his training early and also be the first one there but in turn he will have left for SA 6 months before the deadline.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tret16 View Post
    and you do know that you need water to be able to form muscle and fat has a hell of alot of muscle... i know alot about working out and muscle building. can we please stay on subject instead of trying to nit pick at small details that most people don't know a thing about please...
    How the hell does fat contain a lot of muscle, they're 2 completely different things. You may know a bit about working out but you evidently don't know a lot about human biology. You do need water to form muscle but you also need proteins and the source comes from drinking water not fat. Whatever, cba to argue further.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    How the hell does fat contain a lot of muscle, they're 2 completely different things. You may know a bit about working out but you evidently don't know a lot about human biology. You do need water to form muscle but you also need proteins and the source comes from drinking water not fat. Whatever, cba to argue further.
    Fat doesn't form muscle like many people think, however it aids in the formation of muscle in two ways. It provides the body with more weight, AKA more stress on muscles and more work is done for the same weight training, and two it keeps heat in like insulation, causing you to sweat more and oddly muscles need heat to heal at a more rapid rate.

When you work out, you muscle literally rips leaving small bands of empty rips, what happens here is your body then repairs that area by filling those areas in with more muscle(Which needs actual protein and nutrients to grow) and that's actually how muscle grows. You damage muscle, causing small openings or rips which your body fills with new muscle adding mass. Fat doesn't directly help muscle growth, but indirectly. People don't "convert fat to muscle" but instead fat "acts as a catalyst to healing and stress on muscle". If you ever noticed, the strongest guys in the world are fat fat fat. Because they are fat there body is always under more stress then other people, you can't see there muscle but it's there, and a lot of it to. take myself for example, I used to actually struggle with my weight, was 280~ and I would drop 60 pounds, then gain it back cause after losing I had it in my head "Don't need to exercise anymore" and gained it back. I got up to 300 and said fuck it, now at 200, but even when going to the gym, me as a 280 person who NEVER exercised could do more leg press then anyone there. I leg press around 800 when I started, and when I was down to 220 I was hitting 1200~. People who were there that exercised for years doing legs etc could barely get 600-700. Regardless if you notice, most fat people, look at their legs as an example, most of them have NO fat around there calfs, and there legs are huge still, and it's all muscle, due to carrying around their weight constantly.

So the argument you both are having is kind of moot, both people are right, both are wrong.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I was under the understanding that fat = lipids = proteins. In that sense, ussop's fat is nothing but raw material that will eventually turn into muscle.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I was under the understanding that fat = lipids = proteins. In that sense, ussop's fat is nothing but raw material that will eventually turn into muscle.
    lipids aren't proteins, they are 2 different things >_<

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    No both cell structures are very different and fat doesn't actually go away. The only cell in your body that does not go away is fat. When you are born, you have the same amount of fat cells you have when you are older, unless you get fat. Fat absorbs and grows, and fat cells expand to an enormous amount, however when they get to there limit THAT is when they divide. When you burn fat, you never lose any fat cells, you lose only what they have stored. People that are fat before have the major problem that they can gain weight back so much quicker because the body is already used to fat, and so many more cells to absorb and grow.

To quote a doctor

""Muscle and fat are two separate and distinct types of tissue," says Cedric X. Bryant, Ph.D., chief exercise physiologist for the American Council on Exercise. "Muscle can't turn into fat any more than wood can turn into metal. But as muscles shrink because of inactivity, fat can fill the space where the muscles used to be, giving the mistaken impression that the muscles have turned to fat.""

However fat can aid in growing muscle as it acts as an insulation blanket and more stress to body while exercising. That is really it.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cizuz View Post
    Fat doesn't form muscle like many people think, however it aids in the formation of muscle in two ways. It provides the body with more weight, AKA more stress on muscles and more work is done for the same weight training, and two it keeps heat in like insulation, causing you to sweat more and oddly muscles need heat to heal at a more rapid rate.

When you work out, you muscle literally rips leaving small bands of empty rips, what happens here is your body then repairs that area by filling those areas in with more muscle(Which needs actual protein and nutrients to grow) and that's actually how muscle grows. You damage muscle, causing small openings or rips which your body fills with new muscle adding mass. Fat doesn't directly help muscle growth, but indirectly. People don't "convert fat to muscle" but instead fat "acts as a catalyst to healing and stress on muscle". If you ever noticed, the strongest guys in the world are fat fat fat. Because they are fat there body is always under more stress then other people, you can't see there muscle but it's there, and a lot of it to. take myself for example, I used to actually struggle with my weight, was 280~ and I would drop 60 pounds, then gain it back cause after losing I had it in my head "Don't need to exercise anymore" and gained it back. I got up to 300 and said fuck it, now at 200, but even when going to the gym, me as a 280 person who NEVER exercised could do more leg press then anyone there. I leg press around 800 when I started, and when I was down to 220 I was hitting 1200~. People who were there that exercised for years doing legs etc could barely get 600-700. Regardless if you notice, most fat people, look at their legs as an example, most of them have NO fat around there calfs, and there legs are huge still, and it's all muscle, due to carrying around their weight constantly.

So the argument you both are having is kind of moot, both people are right, both are wrong.
    THANK YOU, you saved me the trouble of explaining it myself... i infact have a book specifically for working out and also how the muscle work and what they look like... It even mentions that the best way for muscle building is that your muscle needs to rip and then heal. And i didn't say that fat held muscle, i said it held water which is a vital way of building muscle. thanks for your explonation cizuz, it saved me alot of trouble

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner GomuGomuNo's Avatar
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Oda will not show us how they trained the 2 years immediately. The story will go on and maybe luffy uses haki -> then he explains to his nakama and there will be many flashbacks from everyone when they use their new skills.

hope you know what i mean

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

ya pretty much everyone is thinking that they are only goin to show flashbacks of there training throughout the retreival of Sunny Go. When each of them is fighting there respective enemy's they are goin to show a small part of there training to show how they got that strong for this type of situation...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member p1xel's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Re: How will Oda handle the timeskip?

I think there won't be long retrospections beacuse there already is a 4 week break.Everybody is waiting for the meeting,so retrospections will be after it.Oda is a master,so we shouldn't worry

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Estonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I think it will be gradual.

I see that all of the Strawhats are shown improving in one way or another, but for some chapters the story WILL FOCUS on other characters (for example Pacifistas encountering the other guys, the Shichibukai and what they're doing,the Supernovas and their adventures, Blackbeard and his campaign in the new world - maybe have a battle with one of the three Yonkous etc.).
    All of that with weekly/monthly timeskips as the narrator says (three months later, this happened) and something similar.

Then The New World is set up better for the adventure of Strawhats and they'll meet once again, foreshadowing some of the tasks they need to use their new powers for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels it finds darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." - "Reaper Man" by Terry Pratchett

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast