Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How will Oda handle the timeskip?

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How will Oda handle the timeskip?

The basics abilities will be shown when they fight and defeat Kuma.
    The "special moves" with each particular character in the next arc.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member jacke12's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

i dont understand how will Brooke become stronger maybe with new SKULL JOKES

Welcome to the Happy train! Enjoy your Ride.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Bigall's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Me I don't know what Oda will reserve us, but I believe that chapter 600 will be memorable in an epic way...
    I believe that's when the team will finally gather for good. Oda won't show much of the Straw-hats training. I'll bet he will do a small description of the important events of these two years without much details, and then the story will proceed...

Usop will certainly change, but it's weird to imagine him all buffed. Considering he's a snipper, shouldn't he be more like stealthy or so?

I can't imagine the other character change? What do you think he'll change. Franky will change but still be the same. Brook is a skeleton, so how can he change? The most important change that the characters will experiment are a grow in mentality, power and experience... The rest might just be clothing and one or two tattoos...

Even so, it will be epic for sure because it's Oda's One Piece
    "If Dragon Ball had a son, it would be called One Piece..."

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jacke12 View Post
    i dont understand how will Brooke become stronger maybe with new SKULL JOKES
    I think he will learn apoo's musical fighting stile. If you recall, apoo is capable of fighting using his music to fight, he actually cut kizaru into several pieces and made him explode with sound alone. I think his ability to turn his body into musical instruments is fruit related but turning into instruments would not make them dangerous weapons. In that sense, I think that part is an acquired skill.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member DaoneLuffy's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope that everyone will come back with a slightly older look to them. Luffy learning haki is a must for his character's developement. My only problem right now is how much of a waste I think ace was - no disrespect to the Ace lovers out there. But I am disappointed in him, now that we see what the players at the top powers are. No haki advancement or training and he was sitting with whitebeard for at least 2 years. I could understand crocodile and buggy but Ace showed his haki from when he was 10. He couldn't release his handcuffs or use the Kings haki once while sitting there, even rayleigh uncuffed hisself and took off the collar with his haki, sorry for the rant. Luffy is gonna annihilate the first person who gets in his way when he comes back on the scene.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Ace != Rayleigh != Luffy

What are trying to make out of Ace? He was still pretty much a rookie, a strong one though, far from his own prime. His two decades older brothers [Marco/Vista] weren't even able to use much against Akainu. Nor was Whitebeard shown to be able to fully utilize his haki abilities. Having the COQ doesn't make somebody king of the world. You are comparing Rayleigh to Ace here, someone who's got whole decades to master haki, someone who wasn't weakened/restricted by the handcuffs. Luffy on the other hand will have 700days ~ 17k hours just to learn the everything possible about his potential of haki usage.
    Firm but Fair

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member wrstljr's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oda will introduce everyone in a new mature fashion, only to then have Luffy swoop in the same ridiculous, semi-retarded, hilarious and adventurous self and the crew will rejoice.

We will rejoice too.
    My Review of Zetman! Try this one out...despite the Lame Name its a great read...

http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34132

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tret16's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

actually, when it comes to the handcuffs, they were made of seastone which makes Devil fruit users lose all there strength and feel like a helpless child, Rayleigh doesn't have a devil fruit so the handcuffs had no effect on his strength or anything of the sort so you can't really use that as a reason to show how weak he was... If you noticed, as soon as the cuffs came off he was basically as good as new right away.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ace != Rayleigh != Luffy

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    What are trying to make out of Ace? He was still pretty much a rookie, a strong one though, far from his own prime. His two decades older brothers [Marco/Vista] weren't even able to use much against Akainu. Nor was Whitebeard shown to be able to fully utilize his haki abilities. Having the COQ doesn't make somebody king of the world. You are comparing Rayleigh to Ace here, someone who's got whole decades to master haki, someone who wasn't weakened/restricted by the handcuffs. Luffy on the other hand will have 700days ~ 17k hours just to learn the everything possible about his potential of haki usage.
    Not quite sure ace would be considered a rookie by OP standards. He was evidently young and far from his prime but by the time the story had began he already had made a name for himself, made it all the way to the NW and became one of WBs commanders. Ace was by no means a rookie IMO.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member joshua019's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LordUriel View Post
    I think Oda is smart...I doubt we will see a progression or an instant flashback. Those will occur in action, when they fight someone really strong and they need to take out their triumph card.
    I'm expecting that we wont see them together until the end of the next chapter, and we will see first bites of the world in 2 years. Mugiwaras will be all in cloaks that cover them all, only to take them out when they are on the Thousand Sunny. <3
    As you say Oda is smart but it seems like he is increase the pace lately... OP is more than 10 years already it wud probably take 10-15 years more but if he wud follow his original pace it take 20-25 more years...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member DaoneLuffy's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Ace was no rookie my friend, he wasn't a rookie when Luffy saw him in Alabasta, he was already a commander of Whitebeard. He took down pirates in the new world for whitebeard and made a name for himself there as well as the other seas. All i'm saying is that he was next to the strongest man in the world, whitebeard was rearing him to be the next PK, yet compared to the big boys he falls short. He learned nothing in the new world, didn't develop or show his haki like we expected. Rayleigh is showing luffy the basics, someone from whitebeards ship had to talk to him about strengthening himself. He ran after blackbeard and got his ass handed to him, Luffy went through hell and back to get him, and all he does is fire techniques when he got free, and he is already aware that he has the Kings Haki, Come On Man.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member El-Thor's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

OMG !!!!!!!!!!! THIS is how Usopp will look !!!!!!!!!!!

Devil Fruits I want to see in OP : Tako Tako no Mi : Model Giant Octopus | Mythical Zoan : Model Griffin

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Brunei
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ace != Rayleigh != Luffy

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post

ace is not a rookie like comment KKCK. even blackbeard crewmate cannot beat him. How u even know whitebeard not able to fully use haki abilities??? he already use it against akainu, and bang him to the ground. You need to read one piece once more!!
    Last edited by kanmati; September 07, 2010 at 01:50 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member oddlucks's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I got answers for this thread questions, he expose some sketchy about new design
    here http://mangahead.com/Manga-Collectio...eek-1-Raw-Scan
    Last edited by oddlucks; September 07, 2010 at 04:20 AM.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

^ I am not quite sure what that is.I saw every drawing in the link but all of them were from old chapters.

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast