Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece Characters Discussion & Predictions Thread

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kaiser Will's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

One Piece One Piece Characters Discussion & Predictions Thread

Moderator message by: Kaiser Will
    Sorry JA1024, but I'm taking away your thread for a higher purpose.

Since chapter 597, we all know that One Piece are going to have a time skip of 2 years in the story. So, this thread will be used to make long time predictions about character related appearances.

Like, their new looks, clothes, techniques, styles and more. And, of course, their new enemies and allies. But this thread is only to discuss character related topic, if you wanna discuss others things, like islands and adventures, go for this thread.
    For a general topic come to our Discussion & Long Time Prediction Thread.

But remember to keep the conversation clean and nice, and since it's a wide topic, please try to stay on topic. Respect others users thoughts. No line posts. No flame and bash.
    And let's have fun.
    Last edited by Kaiser Will; November 13, 2010 at 12:36 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

One Piece: Characters New Appearances

As we should know, One Piece is going through a time-skip.

One thing that interests me is the Strawhats' new appearances.

I can vaguely describe my predictions in my head, but what i really want to see Usopp with dreads like his dad.

Anyone have any predictions?
    Last edited by JA1024; August 27, 2010 at 05:03 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Skyrius's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece New Appearances

This is just me, and the rows of One Piece figurines sitting on my cabinet (yes I'm a nerd, hush), but I've always wanted to see Luffy with one of those captain's coats that hangs over his shoulders (like the Marine's).

Of course, not all the time since it isn't practical, but maybe during some epic fight scenes (or epic scenes in general) to add some flair.

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece New Appearances

Other than my Usopp theory, I could imagine Nami with longer hair, Luffy with a goatee like in the one-shot, and Sanji crossdressing at night.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tret16's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece: Characters New Appearances

i'm interested in seeing how big usopp will be... With his intense fighting workout that he is most likely goin to be getting while on that island combined with the amount of fat he has, he's goin to be a beast in my hands, and add in the dreads which i never thought about untill i read JA1024's first post. I think i could see Luffy with a SLIGHT goaty. I could see Zoro with more deffined mustles and a new sword to replace the only unoriginal sword he has left. Nami could possibly stay the same, she seems content with her looks and is only focused on learning more about the weather... I think the girls will most likely stay the same in all appearences... Sanji i think will get a new outfit and also change his hair. Franky will most deffinitly change since he can rebuild himself. For the others i don't think much else will change really... Chopper seems to stay his size and form unless he changes it to the yeti typ form. and brook is kinda only bone so nothing can really change.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Luffy: now with a beard shaved like Shanks and a little longer hair like Ace or Roger.

Zoro: I don't know. Because of the color, he should stay with a hair like his own. He won't have green facial hair either. Would Zoro looks cool with a cape?

Sanji: Long blonde hair, anyone? And keeping the left eye covered.

Nami: Not very sure.

Robin: She won't have any significant change, since she is already 28.

Franky: He will rebuild his body... no idea, that will be a surprise!

Brook: He is just bones, so there is nothing to change at all, is it?

Chopper: He shouldn't change at all.

And Usopp will look like this:

Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

8. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member skullshuriken734's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

ok ussopp being the "sniper" of the crew wont necesarily NEED muscles but i could see him possibly getting more muscle tone at the least but super saiyan status haha (funny tho) but more of what luffy has now (a scrawny look with a muscle tone whenever he fights)

Zoro will stay the same but he will unlock his own DARK KI

Sanji will possibly have longer hair i can see that (definitely new suit tho)

Nami will need an upgrade to her weapon

Chopper will of course age two years (which could be a big deal for him since he is the "child like" character)

Franky 2.0...done

Brooke will look the same...maybe get sunglasses haha (like he used to have)

Robin bout the same but maybe more fur like clothing

As for Luffy will remain same look but perhaps add a coat or replace raggedy shirts with somethin else (ps more muscle tone too)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Chopper was the same with 8 eyes than now with 15. So I don't think he would change at 17.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

We will probably get some ponytail hairstyle in crew.. It can be anyone ;p Probably beside Chopper, Farnky and Brook.
    I really want to see Zoro in some coat.. Not black but still I want some change in his looks. I hope he wont look more similiar to Mihawk- I dont want to see any Zoros goaties or facial hair...
    Last edited by vagabond87; August 28, 2010 at 05:09 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Organizized's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think changing the characters too much is a good thing. Luffy showing up all matured and with super-saiyan muscles would ruin the character in my opinion.

Oda did draw an older version of Luffy in the first version of Romance Dawn, though:

I agree with Fox666 on Luffy's appearance. A little stubble on his chin (kinda like the above picture) and a little longer hair. Maybe a little more muscle, but nothing even close to Goku-like (yuck).

13. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Skyrius's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Dang, I just realized how much Luffy looks like Shanks in that picture XD My first thought even was "Shanks?!"

That would be neat though. Luffy with longer hair....hmmm *imagines*

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

A short beard would be cool.

I imagine everyone with a fully covered cape when they meet again and uncover in front of Thousand Sunny with cloth of the place they have been too. Except Sanji and Chopper, probably XD
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member givensp's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

truthfully I really don't see the SH changing at all but if they do have a change in appearance it will only be slight because if they changed to much there personalities would be changed to and I don't want that since I like the way they are

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Why would their personality need to change if their appearance changes? Sure a big change in appearance might come with a change in personality but doesn't need to.

With Luffy, Ussop and Chopper we might see the biggest changes I think. That would be at least logical since they are the youngest but I can also imagine that Chopper for example grows a few centimeter is totally happy about that and than sees the changes of the others
    Franky might change quite a bit at least it would be easily possible for him but actually I don't think that he will change that much in appearance. Sanji might indeed get somewhat longer hair. Zoro might get so new scars.
    Taking a look at how Nami changed since chapter one I can only hope that this progress has already stoped before the timeskip. Otherwise it would be pretty difficult to maintain balance.
    Robin is actually already pretty old so I don't think that she will change much. The same goes for Brooke.
    I could imagine some kind of beards with some characters and it would be totally hillarious if Brooke would grow a beard as a testamonial to his will to go on.

The panda-bears rocking all over the world!

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I expect Luffy and Usopp to become taller and to look older.
    I'd really like Luffy to look like the pic posted above and Usopp to look like his father (more muscular & dread locks).
    As for the others, I don't want them to change physically. Maybe a change of clothes.

New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast