Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: One Piece Characters Discussion & Predictions Thread

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Channy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece Characters Discussion & Predictions Thread

Im 100% positive that Zoro will have 2 forms of haki maybe 3 i mean cmon hes the future Pirate Kings First mate

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner RamaJaya's Avatar
    Country
    Estonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brandito42 View Post
    Im 100% positive that Zoro will have 2 forms of haki maybe 3 i mean cmon hes the future Pirate Kings First mate
    That's for sure, but I kinda doubt he has mastered any of colors yet. IMO during the time-skip Zoro was only focusing on swordsmanship, since that's what he asked Mihawk for ("Please, teach me swords").

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member MaiSiaoSiao's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RamaJaya View Post
    That's for sure, but I kinda doubt he has mastered any of colors yet. IMO during the time-skip Zoro was only focusing on swordsmanship, since that's what he asked Mihawk for ("Please, teach me swords").
    Maybe Luffy will teach him Haki one day XD

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheMoa's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe that Zoro already knows(not necessarily mastered) at least the color of armor. I mean, the greatest swordman in the world(Mihawk) have to knows this to cut through logia and increase the cutting edge. So in the basic trainning he must have taught at least the concept.

On sencond thought, Mihawk coudn't cut Buggy... maybe he just didn't want to. lol

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Freid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I've said this before somewhere on the forum. Contrary to the popular belief here that Smoker now has no chance against Luffy, I believe he is still able to fight equally with Luffy.

Just before the timeskip, Sengoku opted to step down from his post as Fleet Admiral on this page and Kong asked him if he could retain his title for the purpose of the training younger marines like Garp was doing with Helmeppo and Coby. On the very next page after Sengoku agreed to spend his remaining years doing that, we are shown Smoker request to be moved to G5 in the New World in which Ao Kiji replies that he was going to negotiate the transfer with Sengoku.

At the current level Smoker was on, the probability is that he would not survive in G5. He would probably have been killed and Ao Kiji hinted that it would be troublesome for him. Because of this, it would make sense that when the request was brought to Sengoku like we were told, Sengoku would not have approved of it. He instead would have probably decided to train Smoker until he was ready to go into the New World, to stay true to his word that he was going to spend his remaining years training young Marines. It would be similar to how Luffy wanted to continue his journey but Rayleigh told him that the incident in Shabondy would only repeat itself at the current level he was on.

If we put the fact that Sengoku agreed to train the younger Marines, with the fact that we were shown that Smoker wasn't ready to go into the New World just a page later, it can be accurately deduced that Oda is planning on having Sengoku train Smoker. Since Garp is training Helmeppo and Coby who are relatively important characters in the manga, Oda is probably not going to make Sengoku train a new character that we have not heard of and instead would most likely have him train someone important who is also still growing. Having Sengoku train Smoker would also be a good way to keep Smoker on the same level as Luffy since their relationship is supposed to mimic that of Roger's and Garp who were more or less equal in strength.

So to put it simply, Luffy was trained by Rayleigh which would have given him a major advantage over anyone that was not trained by someone of that calibre. Sengoku is no weaker than Rayleigh if not stronger. I think Oda intends on keeping Smoker and Luffy on around the same level like Roger and Garp, so it would make sense that Smoker was also trained by someone of similar strength to the person Luffy was trained by. Therefore I believe Sengoku trained Smoker over the two years which by all intents and purposes would make Smoker similar in strength to Luffy.
    Predictions: Smoker | One Piece
    Why So Serious?

6. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Freid View Post
    I've said this before somewhere on the forum. Contrary to the popular belief here that Smoker now has no chance against Luffy, I believe he is still able to fight equally with Luffy.

Just before the timeskip, Sengoku opted to step down from his post as Fleet Admiral on this page and Kong asked him if he could retain his title for the purpose of the training younger marines like Garp was doing with Helmeppo and Coby. On the very next page after Sengoku agreed to spend his remaining years doing that, we are shown Smoker request to be moved to G5 in the New World in which Ao Kiji replies that he was going to negotiate the transfer with Sengoku.

At the current level Smoker was on, there is absolutely no way he would have survived in the New World. He would most definitely have been killed. Because of this, it would make sense that when the request was brought to Sengoku like we were told, Sengoku would not have approved of it. He instead would have probably decided to train Smoker until he was ready to go into the New World, to stay true to his word that he was going to spend his remaining years training young Marines. It would be similar to how Luffy wanted to continue his journey but Rayleigh told him that the incident in Shabondy would only repeat itself at the current level he was on.

If we put the fact that Sengoku agreed to train the younger Marines, with the fact that we were shown that Smoker wasn't ready to go into the New World just a page later, it can be accurately deduced that Oda is planning on having Sengoku train Smoker. Since Garp is training Helmeppo and Coby who are relatively important characters in the manga, Oda is probably not going to make Sengoku train a new character that we have not heard of and instead would most likely have him train someone important who is also still growing. Having Sengoku train Smoker would also be a good way to keep Smoker on the same level as Luffy since their relationship is supposed to mimic that of Roger's and Garp who were more or less equal in strength.

So to put it simply, Luffy was trained by Rayleigh which would have given him a major advantage over anyone that was not trained by someone of that calibre. Sengoku is no weaker than Rayleigh if not stronger. I think Oda intends on keeping Smoker and Luffy on around the same level like Roger and Garp, so it would make sense that Smoker was also trained by someone of similar strength to the person Luffy was trained by. Therefore I believe Sengoku trained Smoker over the two years which by all intents and purposes would make Smoker similar in strength to Luffy.
    agree with everything you said, i think that your theory makes alot of sense and for me thats exactly what is going to happen!!!!!

I am just not sure about Smoker being training with Sengoku for 2 years!!
    why has it have to be 2 years ? why not only for example 1 ? :P

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Freid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jorped View Post
    agree with everything you said, i think that your theory makes alot of sense and for me thats exactly what is going to happen!!!!!

I am just not sure about Smoker being training with Sengoku for 2 years!!
    why has it have to be 2 years ? why not only for example 1 ? :P
    I agree. I actually originally stated that Sengoku would train Smoker until he was ready to go into the New World which could be a year or a year and a half. Afterwards, he would refine his skills in the New World, similar to how Luffy refined his skills once Rayleigh had taught him 'everything he knew'. This would also makes sense because chances are that post-timeskip Smoker would be familiar with the New World or at least more familiar with it than the Strawhats.
    Predictions: Smoker | One Piece
    Why So Serious?

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6