Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Zoro must had done something infamous during his 2 years of training?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Balearic Islands
    Post Thanks / Like

Zoro must had done something infamous during his 2 years of training?

His bounty is covered intentionally: http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/68833748/7

His bounty may have increased from from the origin 120million. It may also be how he got his eye injury. Also not to mention the Swamp Devil Fruit guy specifically said something like "So this is Zoro..." on the Sunny.

I doubt Zoro's bounty is higher than luffy's, but would definitely look forward to Oda drawing Zoro's training with Hawkeye~

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Zoro must had done something infamous during his 2 years of training?

This thread will probably be closed... or combined with the spoiler discussion... you don't post much... but you need to read the rules and regulations... 48 hours
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drakrami View Post
    His bounty is covered intentionally: http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/68833748/7

His bounty may have increased from from the origin 120million. It may also be how he got his eye injury. Also not to mention the Swamp Devil Fruit guy specifically said something like "So this is Zoro..." on the Sunny.

I doubt Zoro's bounty is higher than luffy's, but would definitely look forward to Oda drawing Zoro's training with Hawkeye~
    i don't think that's the case here ...if you look carefully you can see that franky's bounty also can't be seen so what now can we actually expect that he also did some s****y things during those past 2y ? ...

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

He can't have been doing something crazy or anything that would raise his bounty, since everyone thought they were dead.
    For 2 years, no one heard about anyone from the Strawhat.

The only exception was Brook, but no one actually knew that he was with the Strawhats.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

7. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Anduren's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    i don't think that's the case here ...if you look carefully you can see that franky's bounty also can't be seen so what now can we actually expect that he also did some s****y things during those past 2y ? ...
    Franky actually turned an international treasure into a mushroom cloud during the past 2 years

9. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Spaceman-Spiff's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope Zoro obtained the Nidai Kitetsu (The 2nd Generation Kitetsu) during his 2-year training.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

^If he did we would have already seen it though. He still seems to have the same three swords as before. Anyways, if zoro was with mihawk during the past 2 years then he could have very well caused some ruckus during training. As for franky, it would make perfect sense if he got a new bounty considering he turned a national treasure and its secrets into a big pile of rubble and seemingly terrorized an island under the guise of a sort of fire monster tiger.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bittman's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to say you're reading too much into it, but they sort of hid Luffy's updated 400mil bounty poster until it was shown here, though we'd had it steadily confirmed through Fake Luffy + Pacifista.

If any of the SH had a bounty increase, it would definitely be Franky or Zoro since most of the others have been on isolated islands, and those that weren't are either very good at remaining hidden (Robin) or weren't yet recognised Strawhats (Brooke). But Franky has blown up Vegapunk's lab (marked as a "treasure"), so it has a high chance he'll have a bounty update. Zoro on the other hand has been training with Mihawk, but whether he left the island or not is unknown.

Sorry readers: taking a break from my One Piece reviews. Though I love doing them, One Piece Reviews are actually not near the top of my to-do list. Perhaps one day I'll return and do them properly.

Spoiler: My one current One Piece prediction show

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member St Michael's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Considering Zoro's bounty got a raise, seems like the OP was right.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Aramix's Avatar
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

zoro's new bounty is 160mil. atleast mangahelpers says so in they release of chapter 614: http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/614/6 (Neptunes text)

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

So as we got the information that Zoro has new bounty we can think on how he got it.
    In fact I have only two thoughts:
    1. It's the most logical and maybe the most obvious. He had done something on his way to Shabondy Archipelago. Maybe defeated some middle-pirate crew on his way or tried to challenge someone strong like marine Vice Admiral.
    2. Maybe he got his bounty during Mihawk's training. Maybe it was something like final test and it was public, so he got some more fame.
    The last isn't really a good theory, but I think the first is still a posibility.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Anduren's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I kinda get the feeling from the reaction of Sentomaru that the Marines, after the events that took place in Sabondy and the war on the summit two years prior, thought that the "strawhats" as a whole was over/destroyed and Luffy may or may not be dead because of what Kuma did after the Tenryubito incident which is why the story in the cover pages are about how the "strawhats are back". More reason for me to think this is what the fake strawhats said about how they thought Chopper was the only survivor from two years ago meaning nobody has heard anything about the other strawhats since two years ago. Even franky being in Karakuri island was just a rumor of a sighting.

I could very well be wrong (personally I see a loophole in this line of thought), but what I'm getting at is, its possible the rise in Zori's bounty may have come from before the strawhats got separated. They didn't really find out about their bounty raise after Arabasta till they met Teach outside of Jaya anyways.

On the other hand, you could also argue that from the reaction of Caribou, he thinks Zori has done something during the time skip that makes him look like a nun. Anyways, until we get more info from future chapters, everything's just speculation.
    Last edited by Anduren; February 13, 2011 at 01:38 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

My guess is that he simply got it for being the "second captain" of Straw Hats

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Zoro had a bounty rise for a simple reason: He's the second in charge of Strawhats.

Government knew this and did not know ANYTHING about his whereabouts, but knew that was probably alive after separation at Shabondy. It was a little incentive for bounty hunters, hence that little rise.

I doubt He had a final public test because if that would be the case it wouldn't be so low the final amount. Knowing the strength of Mihawk and the historial that Zoro has, He represent a bigger threat than his master.
    I also doubt it's something about defeating anyone in these 2 years by the reasons posted above: It wouldn't make sense and Oda rarely makes those mistakes.

And Sentomaru knows that they are more powerful now than ever after seeing the monster trio, the amount increased would be also on Sanji if that would be the reason of this new bounty.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Calisto's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree with the OP, I think Zoro and Mihawk went wild.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast