Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: One Piece Characters Discussion & Predictions Thread

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ThEwOrLdEndSwItHmE's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

WSJ Pirate New Shichinukai & Yonkou?

As we all know 2 years have passed in the one piece world. Im sure everyone realizes the world outside of the SH not just the SH themselves has changed.

Aside from the upgrades to the SH powerlevels and possible everyone else...Im certain the world govt. has replaced the missing warlords and someone has risen to the rank of Yonkou to fill in Whitebeards spot.

So theories and predictions alike are welcome, do you think some known characters have filled these spaces and if so who? If not do you think new characters have filled the roles? Or do you think they are still empty

Moderator message by: Kaiser Will
    Moved to the right board then merged with this thread, remember to search before making a thread
    Last edited by Kaiser Will; October 03, 2010 at 02:19 PM.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    He wept with all six eyes, and the tears fell over his three chins mingled with bloody foam. The teeth of each mouth held a sinner, kept as by a flax rake: thus he held three of them in agony
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member St Michael's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Shichinukai & Yonkou?

Given that the Yonkou are still called by "yonkou" (even if WB died) , it can be assumed that there is a new one.

For the schichi .. dunno. Maybe they want to suppress the remaining ones .. (if it's not already done )

I think that Buggy has become one personally.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner IreneLing's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Which new image of Mugiwara members you satisfied the most?

I wonder if this kind of thread existed here?I'm sorry if it is.
    For me should be Nami , she looks mature. and Robin too.

Please search before making a new thread, it might already exist! Also, remember the rules, character discussion should be done in the TOK board
    Last edited by Kaiser Will; October 03, 2010 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Thread merged

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece Characters Discussion & Predictions Thread

I think Usopp got the best change so far, and I like Zoro new scar. Franky is the most noticeable changer and I think that in level of strength is quite clear Luffy got the best.

Anyway, I think the cooler change was for Sanji. :P Those eyebrows are EPIC.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ChiiChoh's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LordUriel View Post
    I think Usopp got the best change so far, and I like Zoro new scar. Franky is the most noticeable changer and I think that in level of strength is quite clear Luffy got the best.

I agree with you, Franky got quite big. Zoro's eye scar was pretty expected since he was training with one of the best swordsmen alive.
    Akemi Rossy Miyagusuku Pinto<3

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner kingasas33's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

lets rate new appearance of SH crew

what u think about SH crew's new appearance , about scale 1-10, can u rate their new style and look?????

nami n robin with smoking hot style,
    luffy with new scar
    sanji with new hair cut (usually left eyes covered)
    chopper with new hat
    ussop with matured looks and

rest still not revealed.....

Thread merged! Please search before posting a new thread, it might already exist.
    Last edited by Kaiser Will; October 05, 2010 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Thread merged.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Kurosaki-Kakashi's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Franky is kinda huge now i wish they will fight with some pacifista so he can show us his power up lol
    I think the most cooler is Zoro but i also like ussop's changes he looks more like a pirate now !!!
    About the world it's sure that the other character changed in two years, Koby has certainly trained his Haki and would be able to use it now !!!
    But if we compare with the others Supernovas Luffy should have the best power up !!!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member scandalous''s Avatar
    Country
    Suriname
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: lets rate new appearance of SH crew

In terms of looks, to me luffy is the biggest dissapointed. He just got a scar.

Robin = hotter than before I like it.
    Nami = I love the long hair and hotter than before.
    Sanji = well, he's changed a little, too bad he's still wearing the suit.
    Usopp = Awesome, I love the look. Seems pretty confident and cool.
    Chopper = chopper
    Franky = Well, he looks pretty cool, but the arms just bother me in some way.
    Zoro = Really awesome! Love the scar and the outfit.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tret16's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: lets rate new appearance of SH crew

Luffy= got to agree with scandalous, not impressed with the scar. should have most deffinitly added something else.

Zoro= i like it, he seems alot more matured and also his clothes suit him.

Sanji= i agree, could have used a different suit but i like the facal hair, makes him seem more older and actually his age.

Nami= well the hair was a given and i like it, but damn i like how she's "matured" in other way's also.

Robin= i feel that she has changed the most and that's just from her putting her hair back and changing the way she normally dresses. She also looks like she's learned alot while being with the revolutionary, more then what i think they wanted her t learn.

Usopp= i gt to admit, i'm a little disappointed but i do see a good change in usopp, mainly in his hair and attitude. more confident.

Chopper= ya the hat doesn't really do much, i feel Odo cheaped out on him a little.

Brook= well there wasn't much he COULD do really since brook was already old and matured and also only BONES.

Franky= i like the change in appearence but i also have a problem with his arms... they seem way too big. it's goin to slow him down.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Aikidoka's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if this goes here, but it is the One Piece Characters thread, not just SHs.

Just something little, but I was looking through old chapters and noticed how Blackbeard's beard is way bigger than it was when he first appeared back in Jaya. It's slowly getting scruffier. So I'm guessing by now Blackbeard's beard has grown to the size that the real Blackbeard had. Maybe he even has it in braids now; I've always wondered why Oda never used that for his apparent favorite real-life pirate.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aikidoka View Post
    Not sure if this goes here, but it is the One Piece Characters thread, not just SHs.

Just something little, but I was looking through old chapters and noticed how Blackbeard's beard is way bigger than it was when he first appeared back in Jaya. It's slowly getting scruffier. So I'm guessing by now Blackbeard's beard has grown to the size that the real Blackbeard had. Maybe he even has it in braids now; I've always wondered why Oda never used that for his apparent favorite real-life pirate.
    ahhhh

i like this idea

Quote Originally Posted by LordUriel View Post

is anyone else disturbed that sanji's face is assymetrical?

that's why he covers up one eye all the time.. he's feeling insecure about his weird eyebrows
    Last edited by hyper_megaman; October 08, 2010 at 12:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Knaktak's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not that sad about Luffy, the scar is a really big change, since it covers "half" his body. But i would like to see him wear a captains cape or some sort. It will make him look more like a captain. And i think almost all the rookie captains wear one?

I was a bit suprissed by the goaty on Sanji's chin. It's....hmm.... I don't know.
    He probably did it to make him feel more like a man, since he was on Okama Island.

I hope Tony Tony Chopper will have more control over his rumble transformation.

Usopp looks more like a warrior now. In a weird funny looking cheap way. Don't misunderstand me, I'm a big fan of Usopp.

I think Kobi will have a higher Marine function by now.

Buggy will probably have a massive crew since Impel Down. And will have taken up his live as a captain.

I think Bon Kurei isn't dead! If not he will join Luffy's crew, since their bond is pretty strong. And he would be a great character on the ship. Think about how much Sanji and Zoro will be annoyed by him...Priceless...

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    I think Bon Kurei isn't dead! If not he will join Luffy's crew, since their bond is pretty strong. And he would be a great character on the ship. Think about how much Sanji and Zoro will be annoyed by him...Priceless...
    Yes, it would be really great to see him on the ship, cause he was one of the Luffy's best friends. And all the crew liked him.

It would be interesting to see all Supernovas of the Luffy's generation and also Shichibukais.
    It would be interesting to see if someone of Supernovas changed or got caught or became some really major and important character.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member St Michael's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Characters improvement.

This topic is a brainstorm.

I want us to discuss what could be the evolution of the many characters in OP. I mean those who can still improve (I don't see Garp improving his fighting skills during the timeskip) ..

This week's partial G2 gave me this idea , I bet that a LOT of known characters have become stronger in 2 years , learning new tricks or attack

Let's see if we can guess some stuff that Oda will introduce.

edit : Ok I'll start.

We saw that Sanji seemed to use Diable Jambe against the pacifista this week. So I guess that he invented a better attack. Maybe embuing his whole body with fire , even if I wouldn't like it that much.

I red a pleasant idea on the chapter discussion topic earlier , about Kidd , who would use his power to manually turn the log post to gain some time. Even if it would be a non fighting ability , it would be pretty cool.

Even if he told that he already mastered his DF at Alabasta , I think that Crocodile has improved his skills during the skip. Maybe he can now drain the humidity in the air with his hand , momifying his foe from medium/long range (that would take some time like Ground Death obviously , but hard to dodge) Air Death ? :P
    Or maybe some mix between Spada and Sables , some tornado that would slice you in pieces. Something awesome like that.

I hope that Franky got beam , machine guns or a package of missiles. In short some heavy weapons.
    Still in the SH , maybe Brook uses his music as his main weapon (that's what is pointed in the chapter) but it would be nice if he could developp a super speed from his weight. A bit like Luffy G2 but with a sword hidden in the guitar or something..
    Last edited by St Michael; October 23, 2010 at 04:37 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Characters improvement.

Tashigi- learns to use flying attacks, but she still has to get much stronger to have any chance at fighting Zoro.

Chopper- Has greater knowledge of medicine, biology, chemistry, anatomy...etc.

Zoro- greater level of proficiency in all his sword styles (one/two/three), tames the "wild child" shunsui, learns to play a more defensive game (Mihawk did say power without finesse was useless in his first appearance) [I think this is big for him, since he gets damaged alot in his fights]

Kidd- learns to create semi-sentient robot golems out of metal junk.

Smoker- learns to use haki to some extent to replace the need for a jutte

Sanji- learns to make the attack cuisine for his crew, combines newkama kenpo into blackleg style, overall faster/more durable/stronger kicks.

Brooke- More musical abilities than putting people to sleep, I'm expecting some offensive stuff.

Franky- greater efficiency of cola use, more ranged options (though his coup de vent is still pretty strong)

Robin- Greater stealth/assassin abilities, since she hasn't really used them.

New Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast