Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Story after kyoto

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Red Hannya's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Story after kyoto

Am i the only one think kyoto will be peak of story for this manga?
    Seimei so famous, enemy after this will like huh who is that? even samoto nura traitor is unknown name.
    What the story after this? Japan unification? War with western mafia/gangster youkai or chinese triad youkai and then alien youkai from other galaxy or youkai from other dimension?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Koshi_Inaba's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Story after kyoto

Sanmoto Gorozaemon may be an unknown name for you, but not for the Japanese and I don't think Seimei will suddenly just die in this arc, especially since he hasn't yet make darkness rules all of Japan.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Judging by what we've learned so far, you don't get more powerful ayakashi than creatures such as Hagoromo Kitsune, Seimei, and Tsuchigumo. As Rikuo currently stands, he's close now to reaching the xenith of his abilities. In addition, the only lingering plot thread is who exactly killed Rihan, which will be the focus of the manga after the Kyoto Arc ends. The author could introduce more plot threads, but I doubt it. I see the following arc(s) being where Rikuo deals with Seimei before focusing on the Nura saboteur.

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Considering Sanmoto Gorozaemon consider himself king of youkai, I could easily see him trying to make other factions of youkai to submit under his rule. There could be a huge battle between factions who agreed with him and those who disagree with him. It could end with an epic battle with every youkai in Japan as participant. If it does that would be awesome, the last time I saw an epic battle between every youkai in Japan is the final battle in Ushio to Tora and the awesome Takashi Miike movie: Youkai Daisensho
    Last edited by Koshi_Inaba; August 27, 2010 at 10:48 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Red Hannya's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

um, yeah. Give angket to 100 or more otaku if they know seimei and sanmoto. I am sure majority say yes for seimei and majority say no for sanmoto. like countless manga or anime has seimei but how much has sanmoto? probably can be counted with finger
    once turn to batle manga it is hard to be back. so even if normal day story coming they will be short and just as interval between another batle. pity that is
    is there still other famous youkai out there left to become next boss?

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hannya View Post
    um, yeah. Give angket to 100 or more otaku if they know seimei and sanmoto. I am sure majority say yes for seimei and majority say no for sanmoto. like countless manga or anime has seimei but how much has sanmoto? probably can be counted with finger
    once turn to batle manga it is hard to be back. so even if normal day story coming they will be short and just as interval between another batle. pity that is
    No problem, I just ask a friend of mine who live in japan to do that, he does a lot of things like that anyway. Please, stop referring to everyone who read manga as "otaku". A lot of people in Japan are only casual reader of manga and not an "otaku", stop generalizing. I've been in Japan few times and the term otaku can be really insulting to people.

A lot of people who read Mago are actually interested because in it because it brings up a lot of obscure Japanese mythology not because theye're "otaku". Sorry to say this, but the fact that you called Japanese people who read as otaku and you underestimate the knowledge that Japanese people have of their own mythology, already shows me you don't know anything about Japan other than manga or things you've heard in the media. Sanmoto Goroazemon comes from Japan's mythology, just because he hardly appears in Japanese media, doesn't mean they don't know him.
    Last edited by Koshi_Inaba; September 01, 2010 at 05:50 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hannya View Post
    The only other famous youkai I can think of are Yamata no Orochi, Ookami and the four cardinal creatures (Suzaku; Genbu; Seiryuu; Byakko). There's also the possibility of the Nura clan facing Onmyouji (maybe another clan?), creatures from other mythologies, or dare I say it, GODS !

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Sama_al_Azraq's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Some of famous youkai that comes in mind :
    - Ootakemaru : Said to be as strong as Shuten-douji and Tamamo no Mae. But he's from Touhoku, and it's Toono territory so I guess not.
    - Akuruou : Ezo hero Aterui who depicted as youkai by Yamato empire, but he also comes from Touhoku so maybe not.
    - Kijo Momiji : Dairokutenmaou's granddaughter
    - Chirizuka Kaiou : King of tsukumogami, a great pile of garbage turn into youkai.
    - Fuguruma Youbi : Queen of tsukumogami, book-carrying chart turn into youkai.
    Well, there's more, but I think I'll stop here. It's not like they'll appear in the manga anyway.
    There's also another Kitsune or Tanuki youkai, but making them boss will make it repetitive. Shiibashi can also ask permission for Gegege no Kitaro to make Kitaro a boss ( for Kyuushuu maybe?), although it will only feel like a cameo/homage arc.

Although I think after Kyoto arc, the story needs to have a break for awhile and not immediately goes to another war. And I'm hoping Rinko become a regular character in the story, so I want to have more ordinary day story. Probably also tell story of other characters that only become backgrounds right now, so the story won't be only about Rikuo, Rikuo and Rikuo. The love romance aspect also need development story, even a bit (although in the omake for valentine where Tsurara and Kana gave Rikuo chocolate and Yura ate the chocolate with gramps can actually say that there's really no actual development there/In the data book the chocolate Torii gave to Senba is included in Senba's belonging, so I think it's canon).

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it will be very boring if they go back to ordinary life story. The beginning of the series is pretty boring and especially the Kiyo Cross Group are all bland, boring and add nothing to the story. It would also be weird if after an extremely life threatening battle like this it's suddenly going back to school life and a new enemy appear, it's too random, seems like padding and seems forced. Not to mention Nurarihyon said that Rikuo will be named Sandaime after Kyoto, he will be busy leading the clan.

It would be good for Mago to enter it's final arc instead of going overboard like too many shonen series. It would be good to explore other character, but most the time the action-loving fandom are always wanking and bitching about going back to Rikuo, blah blah blah.

Seimei should not be defeated immediately, I think there should be a time skip where he prepare to execute his plan and during that time Rikuo prepares to do battle against him. It would be good to see a grown up Rikuo trying to rally other group to do battle against Seimei or Sanmoto, a little bit diplomacy and travelling to parts of Japan instead of battling. There's a lot of way to extend the story and make it plot driven without forcing to go back to school or just too many battles.

For romance, considering I hate Tsurara and Kana but somehow doesn't feel Rikuo and Yura will be a good couple, I really hope Shiibashi introduced a strong women warrior who is not the stereotypical clingy, jealous, or annoying girl, like Tsurara or Kana.
    Last edited by Koshi_Inaba; September 03, 2010 at 08:11 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Harlett's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

When I began to see the story between the Supreme Commander and Youhime and the appearance of Kitsune I thought that this whole story would have been perfect to the end of the manga because the importance and strength that Kitsune has gotten

But apparently is just the beginning of something even greater, is obvious: The issue of the reincarnation of his son. And this make me remember when Asakura Hao was born. Hao was the enemy to be defeated in Shaman King and a many things happen before that the final battle occurred.

Quote Originally Posted by Koshi_Inaba View Post
    Seimei should not be defeated immediately, I think there should be a time skip where he prepare to execute his plan and during that time Rikuo prepares to do battle against him. It would be good to see a grown up Rikuo trying to rally other group to do battle against Seimei or Sanmoto, a little bit diplomacy and travelling to parts of Japan instead of battling. There's a lot of way to extend the story and make it plot driven without forcing to go back to school or just too many battles.
    I agree.
    The thing is than Seimei thought in a possible harmony between light and dark, ayakashi and humans so maybe Rikuo wants to make him believe it's possible, again. So there will be future battles for the ideologies that they have about the coexistence. There will be chaos in many places as Kyoto and the Nura Clan will have to maintain the order that youkais can cause against human.

Anyway the main plot of this is to find coexistence between humans and youkai

About the school days come back again... well... Sandaime or not, Rikuo still want to have a normal life as much as might be possible to him so is possible see him again with his friends and the Kiyo Cross Group

Quote Quote:
    There's also the possibility of the Nura clan facing Onmyouji (maybe another clan?), creatures from other mythologies, or dare I say it, GODS !
    Gods? I don't think. But another clan is possible or maybe not a clan, a simple group too.

And romance, romance...

Quote Quote:
    For romance, considering I hate Tsurara and Kana but somehow doesn't feel Rikuo and Yura will be a good couple, I really hope Shiibashi introduced a strong women warrior who is not the stereotypical clingy, jealous, or annoying girl, like Tsurara or Kana.
    I hate to admit it but it would be interesting to include some other girl. Maybe can be Rinko or someone else to add to the little harem that Rikuo already has. Among a youkai, a omnyouji, a human we need a mixed blood as he.

Quote Quote:
    The love romance aspect also need development story, even a bit (although in the omake for valentine where Tsurara and Kana gave Rikuo chocolate and Yura ate the chocolate with gramps can actually say that there's really no actual development there/In the data book the chocolate Torii gave to Senba is included in Senba's belonging, so I think it's canon).
    A Omake for Valentine? Really? I didn't know about it!
    Last edited by Harlett; September 12, 2010 at 10:13 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Sama_al_Azraq's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

The valentine omake is omake for vol 9 that released on February. It's out of topic, so I put spoiler tag.
    Spoiler show

Quote Quote:
    The only other famous youkai I can think of are Yamata no Orochi, Ookami and the four cardinal creatures (Suzaku; Genbu; Seiryuu; Byakko). There's also the possibility of the Nura clan facing Onmyouji (maybe another clan?), creatures from other mythologies, or dare I say it, GODS !
    There's a possibility for Yamata no Orochi, although I don't know if it can be considered as youkai. By Ookami do you mean Amaterasu? Or other Amatsu no kami or Kunitsu no kami? Or the wolf in game "Ookami"? For cardinal creatures, add Kouryuu for the center part. They more like holy beast than youkai though.
    I don't know about gods, it will be too far-fetched... Maybe if the series continue long enough, it will reach that level, but that just weird. Instead of gods, there are still lots of human turned deity that can become enemy. Taira no Masakado for example.
    Quote Quote:
    I think it will be very boring if they go back to ordinary life story. The beginning of the series is pretty boring and especially the Kiyo Cross Group are all bland, boring and add nothing to the story. It would also be weird if after an extremely life threatening battle like this it's suddenly going back to school life and a new enemy appear, it's too random, seems like padding and seems forced. Not to mention Nurarihyon said that Rikuo will be named Sandaime after Kyoto, he will be busy leading the clan.
    The bangaihen and omake pictured Rikuo in school, and the time-line is after Kyoto arc finished. So he will definitely back to school. His ordinary life is one of the thing he (his human part) wants to protect anyway.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Minamoto Yoshitsune? Isn't there a legend where he was taught by the Kurama Tengu?
    Also the idea of human's turned deity is interesting too...

But it is kind of hard to imagine this manga after Kyoto...

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

^No it's not. Whatever happen later, two things is certain: Rikuo will uncover Rihan's death and he will fight against Sanmoto Gorozaemon. Why is it so hard to imagine?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Finale's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a feeling we'll see Tsuchigumo again. Also Rikuo hasnt completely pacified Ukiyoe Town yet so im sure that will come into play later.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I think after Kyoto we'll get one final arc when Rikuo's about to turn thirteen. That's when Sanmoto Gozaemon will strike. One final challenge for the control of the Nura clan.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast