Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Juuki Ningen Yunbol by Takei Hiroyuki

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Juuki Ningen Yunbol by Takei Hiroyuki

I for one am very interested. Shaman King was pretty good for pretty much a generic shounen series (which happened to be inspired by one of the greatest series of all time (if not the greatest, Hajime no Ippo has number one pretty solidly), JOJO'S BIZARRE ADVENTURE). Some of the action scenes are soo good. The one gripe i would have is that he made an enemy that couldnt really be beaten, which pissed me off to no end considering the inconclusiveness of the ending. However, this series looks really different. It is a steam punk series (wikipedia it) but we know little about it. Hopefully, it will have the same kind of crazy over the top action that Shaman King had and at the same time have the varied fighting styles that one finds in Shaman King.

Modified it to put in the title of the new series. ~ WL

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone at all interested in Takei's(shaman king mangaka) new series?

isnt it about like a painter or something

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

here is the description: The adventures of a boy named Nakaga Washiro, who can 'paint' destruction and creation

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

It is being overshadowed by Obata's manga, that's for sure.

I haven't checked out Shaman King, and I probably won't check this one out either.

I hope a group would pick it up.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I know a group is going to pick it up. It just sucks that Takei is being considered such a second-tier mangaka even after Shaman King was such a big hit (despite its ending). The premise sounds interesting enough. I just hope the premise is enough to carry the series past the initial cuts. Hopefully jump readers will catch on. Even if people didnt scanlate it, i would do it myself just to prove that it is worth it.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Post Thanks / Like

when does it come out

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

in two weeks

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member barbapapa's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Which group would that be then?
    I'm somewhat interested in it, mostly because of the steampunk theme.

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Maxy Barnard's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I anticipate this like a small rodent anticipates the most awesome piece of cheese in the world

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kyuzo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Interested in Takei's(shaman king mangaka) new series? (Juuki Ningen Yunbol)

I'll help scanlate it if no one picks if up for sure, I think this series should be very good. I also think that it won't be too over-shadowed by blue dragon considering that series really is promotional for the videogame and not intended to last very long. (i.e. more than a year) Plus Takei has always been able to garner popularity. SK lasted a long time.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Gret's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Interested in Takei's(shaman king mangaka) new series? (Juuki Ningen Yunbol)

I want to try it out. So can someone please help scanlate it? Thx in advance.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the people that do shaman king will do it (mankin-trad). Hopefully other groups will do it. I would like to have a hand in it even if it is small

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member manu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Mankin-trad isn't exactly fast... though i guess they get their lax attitude from Yoh xP

The mangaka has already one me over with Shaman King so I'll be steadly supporting in spirit who ever does this seris but has there been previews of the art ? Steampunk seems like a big venture from Shaman King so I"m not sure what to expect.

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member barbapapa's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuzo
    I'll help scanlate it if no one picks if up for sure, I think this series should be very good. I also think that it won't be too over-shadowed by blue dragon considering that series really is promotional for the videogame and not intended to last very long. (i.e. more than a year) Plus Takei has always been able to garner popularity. SK lasted a long time.
    That doesnt make a whole lot of sense.
    Look at all the Dragon Quest games there have been, and look at how many manga series it spawned. I dont think a lot of those followed the game-stories strictly. Its just a franchise thats been created with a general outline. Mangaka or game creators can still do with those what they want.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kyuzo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by barbapapa
    That doesnt make a whole lot of sense.
    Look at all the Dragon Quest games there have been, and look at how many manga series it spawned. I dont think a lot of those followed the game-stories strictly. Its just a franchise thats been created with a general outline. Mangaka or game creators can still do with those what they want.
    True, but those series weren't meant to be promotional they came after the games, this one is a promotional game launch manga. And, DQ mangas aren't quite up there overshadowing Naruto if you ask me. And, yes BD is turning into what you could call a franchise but its all centered around the xbox game as that's what came first then they decided to do mangas to promote it. xbox is big in the US but not in Japan so they decided to try and bring its popularity up with BD, thus they decided to get a promotional tie in with jump to acess the their target audience. It's all a marketing scheme if you ask me and I know nothing about the mangas author so I can't judge its plot, Obata always delivers though so the art will continually be good at least.

New Reply
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast