Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Separation Serial (Anime New Data)

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Separation Serial (Anime New Data)

I just watch the newest episode. I've to say that so far Nico Robin has the best story, plot wise and a really awesome animation as well. Usopp as always the funniest XD

Anyway, I thought to make this thread to discuss about the things that anime are giving to us. I really doubt they are non cannon just because Oda is working close with the people in charge of it and also because I doubt they take such a big risk to make a story of the mugiwaras where they could just simply make something not related (like Old Japan episodes) without so much issues involving future.
    Last edited by Aikidoka; August 24, 2011 at 05:58 AM.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Separation Serial (Anime New Data)

Well, usually filler that risks... so I doubt this time it will be different
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Oda works with the anime team. So even if he didn't write that stuff himself (and he probably didn't), it's very likely that he gave his approval of it. Otherwise he wouldn't let them do as they want it, if it contradicts his own plans for it (just like with Rayleigh in Buggy's flashback).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think he "works with the anime team".

We know he gave some little information to them, for example (from SBS) he told the animators to not call Rayleigh the captain in Buggy flashback.

But I doubt he ever gave more information than that anything crucial.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fox666 View Post
    Well, usually filler that risks... so I doubt this time it will be different
    It's about The Mugiwaras return! I doubt Oda will let that out of the manga at some point.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ratatosk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

There are a few details that I doubt they made up.

The interesting bits were Robin's story, where it gave the information that the government has been building the bridge since the Void Century, the anime team couldn't get away with just making that up. Nami's rope with knots in that you tie or untie to control the weather is straight out of some scandinavian myth or fairytale or something, and therefore has Oda the viking-obsessive written all over it. I really can't see that not turning up in the manga. So he must have given the anime staff a few details. It's surprising there's been no SBS questions asking about this by now, unless he just chose not to answer them..
    But do those Revolutionary Army dudes with hats/helmets shaped like animal heads remind anyone of when Garp first appeared?

They really need to animate Enel's adventures on the moon at some point, at first they just seemed like silliness, but I'm pretty sure the little mechanical guys came from the same island Franky's on right now, i.e. Vegapunk's homeland, so there's something suspicious going on there.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Dasbones's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatosk View Post
    They really need to animate Enel's adventures on the moon at some point, at first they just seemed like silliness, but I'm pretty sure the little mechanical guys came from the same island Franky's on right now, i.e. Vegapunk's homeland, so there's something suspicious going on there.
    While that would be a nice tie-in, Vegapunk's island is snowy, the island the little moon-men were created on was a tropical island.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

And then everything will be connected and I'll fear and admire Oda. O_O

And the name of Usopp island can't be made up neither, I'm quite sure they asked for it. Same with the fact that the island "eats" people.
    Also, I found weird that in the manga you can see the revolutionaries talking directly with Robin. I found as something curious that most of the anime stuff kinda "ended" , while Robin story seems confusing and needs an end, something else to be said about it. And didn't showed Robin in the same scene than the manga.
    I don't know, everything about this chapter seems suspicious.

So we now need to know about Zoro and Brook. Can't wait to see those.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Dasbones's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Oda is holding off Zoro's story for the manga, that's just my opinion.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dasbones View Post
    While that would be a nice tie-in, Vegapunk's island is snowy, the island the little moon-men were created on was a tropical island.
    Yeah, it's not the same island. Plus, while it's pronounced the same, the name of the island ("Karakuri"?) is written differently.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Estonia
    Post Thanks / Like

The latest episode with Zoro showed us, that the shadowy figure wasn't alone. They're just regular monsters, which will put all theories, that place some relevant major character there, to rest. The beasts completely overpower Zoro, which leads me to think that Zoro cannot beat them without help from Perona.

The relationship between Zoro and Perona is quite neutral or even good. And the facts that Perona is a scout-type and Zoro gets lost all the time suggest them to be a good team.
    I can imagine Perona's ghosts helping some Strawhats find their way out of a maze or something.

Brook's half of the episode was quite disappointing. We saw nothing new.

By the way, the list of episodes given by wikipedia says that the next episode will be a flashback special of Luffy x Ace brotherhood. The few pages we saw during the Marineford arc surely cannot make one full episode, so they're bound to add in something new... I hope.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels it finds darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." - "Reaper Man" by Terry Pratchett

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Ohhh, I expected a lot more of Brook, actually. Something funnier.

Anyway, I liked Zoro part. These beasts made me wonder if:
    1) Are result of a Devil's Fruit
    2) Were trained by someone
    3) Are hidden or they're actually shadow-like.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member BetaRuler's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a good reckoning we should see some more Mugiwara stories after Marines vs Whitebeard war too... But for now...

I think that Brookes part seemed disapointing because it wasn't Oda writing his dialogue XD I swear Brookes always hilarious in the manga and I miss him the most of all!
    Zoro's part actually made me laugh though, and I'm surprised they didn't save him for last!... (I kind of hate it when they save him for last like he's meant to be special anyway)
    So I said this with a belief that my opinion actually mattered at least by 1 iota!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Obviously zoro will learn some type of training method from the beast. Reminds of an episode of samurai jack I'm sure the animation team spoke with oda about the story. I will take all the past few episodes as canon.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ratatosk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah, I miss Brooke. They waited so long for their musician and then he wasn't even around that long before the crew got split up.

There's a lot of room for Ace flashbacks to be fleshed out a bit with Gomu-Gomu-Fail moments, even if it is filler it will be funny. Probably quite easy to do, considering they'll be running round a random forest which could be anywhere, so they won't need to give too much info. From the preview it's got Ace's boat in too, which was one of the most under-used awesome things in One Piece, so I'm happy.. they might even show his cover stories looking for Blackbeard. I'm probably getting my hopes up for nothing here though.

I'm not that worried about the new opening (assuming there is one) showing things that are going to happen, I just hope they don't lay it on too thick with the foreshadowing; it's better for the story if certain events come as a surprise.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast