Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: What is your favourite Video Gaming Platform?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Playstation 3

9 20.93%
  • Playstation 2

9 20.93%
  • PSP

3 6.98%
  • PC

10 23.26%
  • Xbox

0 0%
  • Xbox 360

2 4.65%
  • Nintendo Wii

2 4.65%
  • Nintendo GameCube

2 4.65%
  • Nintendo DS

5 11.63%
  • Other

1 2.33%
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Favourite Video Game Platform

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Favourite Video Game Platform

A simple yet very interesting thread I think, don't you? I'm curious to know what video gaming platform the majority of you sway towards and why? The reasons for your choice(s) and what makes them more fun/enjoyable than other ones. Maybe, you've had bad experiences in the past with other games console and prefer a newer one now or maybe it's due to the graphics quality and superior games available to play. Please keep these discussions/comparisons civilized and no bashing please. Arigatou~

I'll hopefully get a voting poll up which will include the most popular gaming consoles...that way you guys can vote for your favourite and from there we'll see where this thread will take us lol. Enjoy!
    Last edited by Iceiphoenix; September 10, 2011 at 07:24 AM. Reason: Changed prefix

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner JackelJack's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favourite Video Game Platform

Well right now my favorite is the ol' nintendo Gamecube. It's had so many good games on it, ones I grew up with as a kid. Plus I don't really have money to spend on a wii right now. >..<

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Roflkopt3r's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

PC, definitly
    I'm quite into the topic of eSports, and this very much is a PC phenomena outside the US. Playing a game well without Keyboard and Mouse seems impossible to me. Unsurpassibly good aiming in shooter games via mouse, keyboard-mouse combination in real time strategy and the countless available keybinds in role play games are very important to me.
    Apart from that, internet multiplayer and huge communities first arrived on PC, which kinda bound me to this platform. Consoles are still kinda funny to play with some friends from time to time as the skill differences aren't so huge - as my private friends didn't spend as much time on online gaming as I did, playing with me doesn't make alot of fun to them since the gap in experience naturally grew kinda big, while I'm not very good with consoles
    I'm not very active in social networks actually - my contact to real friends remains in reality and ICQ - so the gaming community is kinda fun to me as well, especially when it results in a travel through germany to spend some days on a LAN with guys I never met before ^^

For anyone who actually thinks that ego shooters are well playable with controllers:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diPonkYH0iU
    This is something one couldn't pull off with a controller, simply because mouse movement speed is 100% controllable, other than just pushing a stick. It can be almost instant.
    Last edited by Roflkopt3r; October 17, 2010 at 10:05 PM.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure about how to answer this question. Gamewise I have to favor wii. I enjoy games like mario and zelda. I do think that PS3 is by far the best of the current platforms out there however in general their tittles don't appeal to me. It has many war-gun related games (which wii desperately needs) however most of them are played basically the same way and have little to no variety overall. I do enjoy dynasty warriors though, I'd love to be able to play that regularly. With x-box I am a big fan of halo, it is solely for those games I'd like to get it.

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hard to say. Either the PS or PS2. I am a HUGE RPG nut and for me, there is nothing better than a game that gives you 40+ hours for your investment. The Saturn and the PS were excellent systems for RPGs, but I never had a Saturn and I think that even though the PS2 only got three Final Fantasy titles (not counting XI), it still trumped the PS. Growlanser definitely put it over the top.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Gecko Moria's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

I voted for Nintendo Wii. Personally, I don't own any gaming consoles apart from my computer (which I hardly play on anyway since my internet lags terribly) but my friends, almost impossibly, seem to have nearly every console ever created and I always enjoy playing Super Smash Bros. on the Wii best.

Wii Sports is also quite entertaining as well, but I understand the PS3 and Xbox 360 are branching into that "exercise while gaming" field as well with PlayStation Move and Kinect so there is room for competition.

Thanks to ~Coffee~ for the avatar and signature.
    Everything is possible: The impossible just takes longer.

One Piece|Gecko is bored, go post something~|The Tennis Thread

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Burkina Faso
    Post Thanks / Like

Wii. Great for our family. Anyone can play and enjoy.
    Last edited by ichigo20; November 21, 2010 at 12:55 PM.
    Support open source. Use VLC media player

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member steelwingcrash1's Avatar
    A place where KHR is number one - in my heart and mind!
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Uhm, I was having a hard time choosing between PS2 and PSP, but I chose the latter because of its portability. I can still play even when go to work, unlike PS2 which needs to be assembled first.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner AL_Briton's Avatar
    Country
    Honduras
    Post Thanks / Like

I had to go with the PS3 literally, i had the 360 and the PS3 but since a never actually used the 360 i end up selling it. It so much better than the 360 without mentioning the great exclusives like uncharted< little big planet, MGS.
    And now with the move it beats the wii cause its games are HD
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic138827_1.gif

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AL_Briton View Post
    I had to go with the PS3 literally, i had the 360 and the PS3 but since a never actually used the 360 i end up selling it. It so much better than the 360 without mentioning the great exclusives like uncharted< little big planet, MGS.
    And now with the move it beats the wii cause its games are HD
    I know I voted for PSP but I can't help imagining saving my work salary to buy a good XBOX. I once saw my nephew playing it and I can't help admiring the very definitive graphics. Are there any good games in the Xbox, though?

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Roflkopt3r's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you guys who like consoles over PC play shooter games as well on them? I just cannot imagine to do so regulary, the controlls are just way too bad to do so

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm really not that fond of shooter games, but I did have a couple of those CD's on my PS2 way back then. I guess it was manageable, but playing CS of course in the PC was definitely a lot better.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I like many games. They give me a fun and enjoyment. My favorite games are Play station III. The main feature that distinguishes the PlayStation 3 from its predecessors is the only online gaming service, PlayStation Network, which contrasts with Sony's former policy is based on video games online games. PlayStation 3 was first published 11th November 2006 July 2010 in Japan, Sony has announced two new PS3 Slim size, 160 GB and 320 GB .

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Consoles:

#1 = SNES

some of the best, innovative, unique, and best plot+story (RPG) games ever! NES has great games too, but they're much harder and simplier too.

#2 = a tie between NES and PS1

and that's about all I've played, lol, old school gamer, the newest console I got was PS1, lol.

my progression:

Atari -> NES + Apple II computers -> SNES + GB (the original!) + MAC computers -> PS1 + PC computers

----------------------

and of course PC games are great, but this is quite pointless to mention about, as of course PC games are great, there's so many of them, lol.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; May 14, 2011 at 06:24 PM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

No PlayStation1? It was my first, real love. XD
    I voted for PlayStation2, though, because it's the longest console I've played and the only one still working properly until now. :3 Plus, I've played quite lots of there and found some of the most awesome game I've ever known. It also brought me to online world of gamers as well as making friends with new people.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast