Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Worst game you have ever played/purchased?

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Worst game you have ever played/purchased?

We have all experienced this at least once in our "gaming" lives lol. Were you impressed by a particular magazine review for a new game and purchased it asap only to find out that it was absolutely rubbish in the end? Share your experiences and warn your fellow gaming peers on what games not to buy/play and what ones to look out for.

Overhyped and overrated games *iyo* should be discussed in this thread. MH rules apply as any other thus strictly no bashing! Anyway, this should be a cool topic so I'm looking forward to your replies.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Worst game you have ever played/purchased?

Hmmm... I guess I have a couple of games that disappointed me.

1. Sands of Destruction - The game play was horrible. Sometimes your characters or the enemies have two turns; other times, they don't. Likewise the enemies are overly powerful in one turn but pathetically weak the next.

The dungeons were also confusing. I had to go online to find out where I was going since I got lost. In one dungeons, I had to go back and forth because I had to do a minor quest in which I deliver messages. So annoying...

If you forgot to do something, you'll miss your chance to get some goodies. For example, I didn't buy an armor at the beginning of the story. Later I found out that if I did, I would have a gotten the ultimate armor for one of the characters; unfortunately, I couldn't buy it anymore since the town was destroyed.

2. Avalon Code: It has a nice concept but there was one flaw. The Book of Prophecy got burdensome after collecting DNA codes from monsters and whatnot. The book has a lot of pages so that means you have to search every page to find the DNA code you want since there is no search option in the book.

3. Last Rebellion: I haven't played the game yet, but I've heard really bad reviews. The only thing good was the battle system. Even the president of NISA (they're the one who brought it over to the USA) apologized for bringing the game here, which really said something.

I regret buying it but at least I got a free poster.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DanielKnoT's Avatar
    Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that the most overhyped and overrated game these lasts years was Final Fantasy XIII..

After soooo many years of waiting for this game was a big dissapointing for the Final Fantasy series.. A game very linear, no side quest, I didnt like the level-up system, the developing of arms was bad, the eidolons like transformers was a big WTF!!.. The graphics was good, but not as good as other games like Mass Effect 2 for example..

Am waiting for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Gears of Wars 3, and Fable 3 for the Xbox 360 coming soon..

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Vampire Hunter D for psone.

everything was broken..controls..layout...fights..difficulty..graphics.

only bought it as it was a fiver but i rather have my fiver back.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Phenom's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I usually stay away from games I know I won't like and I usually read up on games before I make any type of purchase. While I didn't purchase, I did do a blind rental one time when I rented Shadow the Hedgehog. I've played games with crappy camera's and some of them still managed to be enjoyable, but Shadow, I couldn't take it. I found myself battling the camera moreso than the enemies themselves. I was always falling overboard because of the camera, especially when riding in a vehicle (which I don't get why they're in the game)

I also didn't care much for Radiata Stories. To be fair I didn't really give it much of a chance because of how the controls felt. They felt pretty sluggish and the general premise just didn't keep my interest.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Roflkopt3r's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Risen and all that "Gothic" related stuff is sooo boring. Can't remember anything else

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Queenofmuffins's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DanielKnoT View Post
    I think that the most overhyped and overrated game these lasts years was Final Fantasy XIII..

After soooo many years of waiting for this game was a big dissapointing for the Final Fantasy series.. A game very linear, no side quest, I didnt like the level-up system, the developing of arms was bad, the eidolons like transformers was a big WTF!!.. The graphics was good, but not as good as other games like Mass Effect 2 for example..

Am waiting for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Gears of Wars 3, and Fable 3 for the Xbox 360 coming soon..
    Pity, I was really looking forward to playing Final Fantasy XIII...

Worst game I ever had the misfortune to play was probably "Orphen: Scion of sorcery"...
    reasons why I'd bought it was a) it was under $5 and b) the manga was so-so.
    Yeeeeah, there was a reason why it was under $5... Just a terrible game, period.

I also didn't like Fable II that much, which surprised me as I *loved* Fable.

Come by and ask me questions!
    ~Ask me thread~

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member steelwingcrash1's Avatar
    A place where KHR is number one - in my heart and mind!
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Orphen: Scion of Sorcery really sucked out for me. I wasted a hundred pesos just for that piece of crap.

Legaia 2 did not even reach the knees of its predecessor, Legend of Legaia. The PS1 game was absolutely fantastic with very touching storyline. Unlike Legaia 2, bah!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner AL_Briton's Avatar
    Country
    Honduras
    Post Thanks / Like

It would have to be DB adventure of some sort, terrible game.
    Bought it on ebay so i didnt waste alot of cash but either way it sucked.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic138827_1.gif

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

The only one I can recall atm was from back in the early days of the first playstation. I went on a two day school trip to France and decided on the last day to spend most of my cash on a new PS One game. I ended up picking up something new and "unfamiliar" at the time; the game was called "RC Racer". It was terrible. I played it for less than 5 minutes (excluding the loading time, etc). Definitely a complete and utter waste of £££/€€€'s

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member steelwingcrash1's Avatar
    A place where KHR is number one - in my heart and mind!
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I can't believe I bought Ehrgeiz. Even though it contained the Final Fantasy 7 characters, for me it was like crap.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Roflkopt3r's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh right I remember one game, some greek action RPG which I just purchased because it was down to 2€ and there sometimes are nice, cheap games and I was just looking for an rpg. Well, it sucked big times and I deleted it after less than 15 minutes.

However, there were also good games which I got around that price. Prey for example -a relatively innovative shooter, it wasn't much older than a year when I bought it, very good graphics, solid single player shooter rated around 85% by most magazines, 4€- or Shogun: Total War.

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Spawn Armageddon for the PS2. Spawn for the SNES was a damn good game, had the comic book feel and everything. Spawn the Eternal for the PS was a really bad game. But as bad as that game was, Spawn Armageddon was ten times worse. I paid eight dollars for that game and I still wanted my money back.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity warbandit66's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by steelwingcrash1 View Post
    Well, I can't believe I bought Ehrgeiz. Even though it contained the Final Fantasy 7 characters, for me it was like crap.
    Oh man I loved Ehrgeiz. I want another one.
    Jiraiya: His hair are the best

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner packages's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Final Fantasy X2. The idea of "dress spheres" etc etc was kind of cool, but the storyline was lame (imo) and the gameplay was lacking.
    It looked more like a middle-aged fapfest than a decent free-roaming rpg to me. *(Though I know many who don't share this sentiment.)

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast